Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you for your response that helps a lot. Didn't realize that DS didn't use HP lol. Another thing I would like to bring up and sorry I know you prolly get tired of helping so many people but I just want to make sure I'm getting everything right on my DK clcinfo setup. So far I have all the cds that I want to watch setup on my dk and my rotation as well. What I need to figure out that is how can tell it to proc my summon gargoyal when I have enough RP to also go along with the rotation that's already set in place for Unholy DKs.

I'm hoping someone can give me a little help. I've set up layouts, etc for Prot and Ret however I'm having trouble setting Holy up. I can create a Holy template but it doesn't add the icon/bar grid options. Is holy supported, and if so can anyone suggest how to set up a layout?

Also, big thanks to Abijax for your excellent work, and to Requital for the tutorial. I'd post a screenie if my post count was high enough.

Screenshot with your spec and the options you set in the holy template?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know Abijax does all clcinfo updates but since I didn't see DP procs registering as 3 HoPo I went ahead and updated mine myself. Please ignore the ouf files in the zip they are my unit frames and I updated on the run for a friend during my raid.

http://www.mywowui.net/Addons/stuff.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Screenshot with your spec and the options you set in the holy template?
    With the update today it looks like it's working ok now. I've manage to add an HP multi bar and a couple of icons.

i am still not smart enough to do it myself - any idea for a nice sacred shield code that shows 15sec duration and the cd? :P

What no varbles? make it easy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    i am still not smart enough to do it myself - any idea for a nice sacred shield code that shows 15sec duration and the cd? :P
    Well the Sacred Shield buff doesn't have the same type of a cooldown as an item so while the buff will show you have sacred shield active it won't show when it can proc again because it's under 30% but can not occur more then 1 time every 30 seconds.

Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Sacred Shield", nil, false, true)
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

thx, i wouldnt need to see the icon light up if after it procced and iam under 30 % again.
    would just be nice if the icon is hidden, shows the duration of the shield buff when it proccs, followed by the 30sec cd and then disappears until procced again. maybe abijax has some idea.
    in the meantime i take the one provided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible to show how many stacks you have from Fury of the angerforge trinket ( the Raw fury buff)
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

First of all thanks for this immensely helpful guide!

Is it possible to have CLCinfo hide itself when out of combat or not targeting a valid target like CLCret allows?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vacor View Post
    Would it be possible to show how many stacks you have from Fury of the angerforge trinket ( the Raw fury buff)
    I have 2 Icons for it since I have been playing around and haven't figured a way around it.
    Buff that gains stacks
    Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Raw Fury")
    Buff from activating
    Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Forged Fury")

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 05:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by juicywater View Post
    First of all thanks for this immensely helpful guide!

Is it possible to have CLCinfo hide itself when out of combat or not targeting a valid target like CLCret allows?

Well your options are going to be on the Primary Template options.

1. Always
    2. Boss
    3. In combat
    4. Valid Target

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks requital, That's the interim solution i've done as well, ><
    anyways off to work!
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

Hi
    1. Can someone give me the current rotation for Retri left based on 4.0.6, which i can add in clcinfo? At the moment i use this line (inqa inqrhp tvhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud how exo j hw cons) for Single Rotation
    2. I need the Behavior to add the Judgement of Pure buff, because i can not create it, it dosnt work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italospawn View Post
    Hi
    1. Can someone give me the current rotation for Retri left based on 4.0.6, which i can add in clcinfo? At the moment i use this line (inqa inqrhp tvhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud how exo j hw cons) for Single Rotation
    2. I need the Behavior to add the Judgement of Pure buff, because i can not create it, it dosnt work
    Your rotation is fine and it depends on how you want JoTP to act.

Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Judgements of the Pure", nil, false, true)
    That will just show the icon when the buff is active.

Code:
    local _, _, _, _, _, dur, exp = UnitBuff("player", "Judgements of the Pure", nil, "PLAYER")
    if exp then 
      if (exp - GetTime()) <= 10 then
        return true, "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_paladin_judgementofthepure", (exp - dur), dur, 1, nil, nil, 0.5
      end
    else
      return true, "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_paladin_judgementofthepure"
    end
    This is what I use which simply shows an icon if JoTP has less than 10 seconds left before it falls off.

Thanks for all the effort you've put into this thread, Requital. I don't know LUA, but I'm been able to read / modify the examples you've provided so far to suit my purposes well. Unfortunately, it means I can't use drastically new behavior. I was wondering, could you help me with a couple?

1) Previously you had answered a question about getting ClcInfo to completely hide itself, but is there a way to add them on a per icon/etc basis? I don't want all of ClcInfo to hide (losing all my CD tracking), but just the RetIcon1 and RetIcon2. So, something along these lines:

Code:
    If(InCombat OR HasTarget)
    {
      return RetIcon1
    }
    else
    {
      hide
    }
    2) Is there a way to show an icon when >= 15 yards away from the target? Basically, I'd like an icon that shows up when Judging would proc LAotL. I figure it's possible since I've seen addons that display range to target, and since ClcInfo uses LUA...

Thanks!

(I really should sit down and learn LUA one of these days.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Thanks for all the effort you've put into this thread, Requital. I don't know LUA, but I'm been able to read / modify the examples you've provided so far to suit my purposes well. Unfortunately, it means I can't use drastically new behavior. I was wondering, could you help me with a couple?

1) Previously you had answered a question about getting ClcInfo to completely hide itself, but is there a way to add them on a per icon/etc basis? I don't want all of ClcInfo to hide (losing all my CD tracking), but just the RetIcon1 and RetIcon2. So, something along these lines:

Code:
    If(InCombat OR HasTarget)
    {
      return RetIcon1
    }
    else
    {
      hide
    }
    2) Is there a way to show an icon when >= 15 yards away from the target? Basically, I'd like an icon that shows up when Judging would proc LAotL. I figure it's possible since I've seen addons that display range to target, and since ClcInfo uses LUA...

Thanks!

(I really should sit down and learn LUA one of these days.)
    TBH that is my only complaint about clcinfo is it's either always hidden or always visible. There are times I'd like to have my CD's visible but not the rest and at this point they are all linked.

I'll see if I can find anything about it but I'm pretty sure if they are all visible then they will always be visible instead of a combat flag on some but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    TBH that is my only complaint about clcinfo is it's either always hidden or always visible. There are times I'd like to have my CD's visible but not the rest and at this point they are all linked.

I'll see if I can find anything about it but I'm pretty sure if they are all visible then they will always be visible instead of a combat flag on some but not others.
    Well, I decided to take a peek at the WoW API to see if I couldn't make any sense of it, and I came up with the following:

Code:
    affectingCombat = UnitAffectingCombat("player");
    if affectingCombat then
      return IconRet1()
    end
    This makes the icon hide when out of combat, but show up when in combat. Now if only I could figure out how to check if I have a target or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Well, I decided to take a peek at the WoW API to see if I couldn't make any sense of it, and I came up with the following:

Code:
    affectingCombat = UnitAffectingCombat("player");
    if affectingCombat then
      return IconRet1()
    end
    This makes the icon hide when out of combat, but show up when in combat. Now if only I could figure out how to check if I have a target or not.
    Yup I was looking at the same, I'm going to assume it somewhere in there for HasTarget or something like it I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Yup I was looking at the same, I'm going to assume it somewhere in there for HasTarget or something like it I'll keep looking.
    Eureka! I was looking for a function along those lines as well, but after an hour of searching / experimenting I put it aside. Well, I stumbled upon a different function that works just as well:

Code:
    local exists = UnitExists("target")
    local combat = UnitAffectingCombat("player")
    if exists or combat then
      return IconRet1()
    end
    As I found the above, I also found UnitIsEnemy("unit1","unit2"), which would be nice, but it doesn't work on neutral targets, unfortunately.

--edit--

Well, that's strange. I tried almost the exact same code for IconRet2:

Code:
    local exists = UnitExists("target")
    local combat = UnitAffectingCombat("player")
    if exists or combat then
      return IconRet2()
    end
    But it "sticks." I enter the code, hit "Accept" and it's hidden. Target something, it shows up. Detarget and the icon stays visible (never shuts back off). Edit the code and accept it (even just adding a space) and the icon hides again. I'm not sure what to make of it. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Alindra; 2011-03-07 at 06:20 AM.