Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hated you up until the moment I saw this thread.

<3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    I hated you up until the moment I saw this thread.

<3
    You didn't hate me you just liked to debate Paladin mechanics with me :P

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skypunk_lx View Post
    I'm sorry to barge in the Paladin forums, even if I'm levelling a Paladin, and this question probably doesn't belong here. In your opinion Requital how much of an improvement is using this addon, configured for other classes also, in comparison to using Power Auras to track cooldowns, I'm asking this because I have configured Power Auras on a priority system and, I get a fairly good mile with it.

Sorry for asking this here, but it seems a good addon, even though it seems not very user friendly without a guide, but if it greatly increases performance, I will do the "sacrifice" of learning how to configure and using it, thanks in advance.
    Well what all are you wanting to use it for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Okay I looked at the tread and have no clue how to set this up. I'm following teh instructions but its not doing anything. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Well what all are you wanting to use it for?
    Sorry, I thought I had explained myself well. I'm looking to use it on the Paladin I'm levelling atm, and it since Clcinfo seems to be more universal, if you think this addon will be a significant increase in performance both on Paladin, and possibly if you think the addon will be good for other classes also.

I'm sorry if the question seems vague or something like that, but since I've seen you talk so well of this addon for Retribution Paladins, I was wondering if you feel it would be worthwhile to use it on other dps classes for instance Hunter and Shamans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I thought I had explained myself well. I'm looking to use it on the Paladin I'm levelling atm, and it since Clcinfo seems to be more universal, if you think this addon will be a significant increase in performance both on Paladin, and possibly if you think the addon will be good for other classes also.

I'm sorry if the question seems vague or something like that, but since I've seen you talk so well of this addon for Retribution Paladins, I was wondering if you feel it would be worthwhile to use it on other dps classes for instance Hunter and Shamans.
    I understand the Paladin side I guess the question I should ask is with other classes what would you like it to do for you? Trakc procs, Buffs?
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Yes tracking both buffs and procs and setting the rotations, for instance a Hunter rotation of Serpent Sting>Black Arrow>Explosive Shot>Cobra Shot and the procs of Lock and Load.

It seems that it could be done with Clcinfo, but I was wondering if the addon will be used more universally or if you think it will be despite its universality just an addon for Retribution, just as Shock and Awe and Squawk and Awe are only for Shamans and Druids.

Asking this since I prefer to use more or less the same addons, on different chars.
    Last edited by skypunk_lx; 2010-10-15 at 02:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes tracking both buffs and procs and setting the rotations, for instance a Hunter rotation of Serpent Sting>Black Arrow>Explosive Shot>Cobra Shot and the procs of Lock and Load.

It seems that it could be done with Clcinfo, but I was wondering if the addon will be used more universally or if you think it will be despite its universality just an addon for Retribution, just as Shock and Awe and Squawk and Awe are only for Shamans and Druids.

Asking this since I prefer to use more or less the same addons, on different chars.
    I'll talk to the author and see if he is going to continue coding in abilities for other classes as well. Right now it does Holy/Ret but I see no reason why other classes abilities can't be used in it as well and I agree it would be really awesome.

I'll talk to the author and see if he is going to continue coding in abilities for other classes as well. Right now it does Holy/Ret but I see no reason why other classes abilities can't be used in it as well and I agree it would be really awesome.
    Sorry for keeping you guess-working what I meant, even despite the fact of English not being my native tongue, I sometimes have problems trying explain myself.
    Thanks for the time and talking to the author if he is going to code other class abilities, I would appreciate if you give then a heads up on the answer of the author.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for keeping you guess-working what I meant, even despite the fact of English not being my native tongue, I sometimes have problems trying explain myself.
    Thanks for the time and talking to the author if he is going to code other class abilities, I would appreciate if you give then a heads up on the answer of the author.
    Not a problem I'll find out what I can

Thanks very much for this informative thread. Is it possible to configure Clcinfo to use different priorities based on Seal? (For example, Seal of Righteousness and using DS, Cons for AoE). Thanks for any info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abohed View Post
    Thanks very much for this informative thread. Is it possible to configure Clcinfo to use different priorities based on Seal? (For example, Seal of Righteousness and using DS, Cons for AoE). Thanks for any info!
    You can't change Seals via addon only via macro, But what priorities do you mean and I'll tell you how well it can work into those.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Create a multibar.
    Code:
    local c = UnitPower("player", SPELL_POWER_HOLY_POWER)
    for i = 1, c do AddMBar(nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, true, nil, 0, 1, 1) end
    for i = c + 1, 3 do AddMBar(nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, true, nil, 0, 1, 0) end
    i am at work right now, but i will try it afterwards. thanks for the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    can you upload your messy ui
    can do when i come home (in 8-10 hours)

Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    What unit frames are you using, im basically starting from scatch with 4.0.1 and Add ons
    its shadowed unit frames BUT this one seems not getting updated. the party frame is not working for instance etc. there is another addon that is basically the continued version with a different name. will search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Your standart code:
    return IconRet1(csBoost)
    is sometimes suggesting a CS-filler-filler-CS rotation for me.
    from ej:
    "The return IconRet1 is just what it says, it returns the first ability in the rotation.
    The (csBoost [, useInq, preInq]) is confusing from a non code standpoint, valid code representation of this would be :
    (1[true, 5])
    Note the above tells the "return IconRet1" to use a 1 second delay check on crusader strike cooldown before suggesting the next ability in the rotation.....
    []
    What you want to do right now at 80 is: return IconRet1(1) or return IconRet1(0.8) etc.
    *edit* For you in particular return IconRet1(0.5)"

I think this is part of the answer. the standart check for the cs delay (without a number in the brackets) is not accurate enough so that a second filler is suggested i assume. need to toy around with it later...

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    i am at work right now, but i will try it afterwards. thanks for the effort!

can do when i come home (in 8-10 hours)

its shadowed unit frames BUT this one seems not getting updated. the party frame is not working for instance etc. there is another addon that is basically the continued version with a different name. will search for it.

from ej:
    "The return IconRet1 is just what it says, it returns the first ability in the rotation.
    The (csBoost [, useInq, preInq]) is confusing from a non code standpoint, valid code representation of this would be :
    (1[true, 5])
    Note the above tells the "return IconRet1" to use a 1 second delay check on crusader strike cooldown before suggesting the next ability in the rotation.....
    []
    What you want to do right now at 80 is: return IconRet1(1) or return IconRet1(0.8) etc.
    *edit* For you in particular return IconRet1(0.5)"

I think this is part of the answer. the standart check for the cs delay (without a number in the brackets) is not accurate enough so that a second filler is suggested i assume. need to toy around with it later...
    Thanks for the info on the frames mate, my mage mate uses them apparently, any info on update / replacement would be awesome, looking to get away from teh bulky xperl suite.

You can't change Seals via addon only via macro, But what priorities do you mean and I'll tell you how well it can work into those.
    For AoE, the "Retribution Concordance" thread on EJ suggests Inq > DS > CS > HW > Cons > Exo > J > HoW

I'd like to set up Clcinfo such that if I switch to Seal of Righteousness (manually, not by the addon) , it will assume I'm in an AoE situation and would thus switch to the above priorities (ignoring of course Inquisition at the moment.) Can this even be done? It seems like the 3HoPo -> TV is hard coded and you only get to choose the filler abilities.

Thanks for the quick response!

For AoE, the "Retribution Concordance" thread on EJ suggests Inq > DS > CS > HW > Cons > Exo > J > HoW

I'd like to set up Clcinfo such that if I switch to Seal of Righteousness (manually, not by the addon) , it will assume I'm in an AoE situation and would thus switch to the above priorities (ignoring of course Inquisition at the moment.) Can this even be done? It seems like the 3HoPo -> TV is hard coded and you only get to choose the filler abilities.

Since my mobo snd apparently gpu are dead i can't code that for you(req probably will by tomorrow) but i assume you're looking for some function similar to clcret's preset? In that case all you need to do is create a preset priority for each seal and macro the load command to each seal macro so it activates when you hit your seal key.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok so here is what you are going to do, Now DS can't be used as a filler as it requires Holy Power and the Icon isn't going to show DS it's designed to show TV however if you know you are in AE mode it's upon you to realize TV means DS. Now here is what you would do for the Seals.

Macro - Seal + Filler order for AE.
    #showtooltip Seal of Righteousness
    /cast Seal of Righteousness
    /clcInfo ret_fillers hw cons exo j how

Macro - Filler order alone AE.
    #showtooltip whatevericonyouwant
    /clcInfo ret_fillers hw cons exo j how

Now as far as this macro goes what it will do is this; 1. It will use Seal of Righteousness, 2 It will change the fillers in clcinfo to reflect AE fillers up front. You can also split that up into 2 macros 1 for the clcinfo fillers order by itself then another to change it back. So this way it's combined, you Seal up and swap fillers orders at the same time.

The to get your other fillers back for using SoT you can follow the same macro it with the Seal or macro it alone.

Macro - Seal + Filler order back to single target.
    #showtooltip Seal of Truth
    /cast Seal of Truth
    /clcInfo ret_fillers j exo how hw

Macro - Filler or alone for single target.
    #showtooltip whatevericonyouwant
    /clcInfo ret_fillers j exo how hw

Code:
    Command line:
    /clcInfo ret_fillers args
    Change filler priority.
    Valid fillers: j, exo, how, hw, cons.
    Example: /clcInfo ret_fillers j exo how hw
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-15 at 06:36 AM.

Ok got it working now, looks good and it's not that difficult after all. I think I'll make the switch from clcret.
    What I'm missing now is:
    1) mana check option for consecration
    2) an option to change the priority for TV and CS, so I can use HoW over everything else
    3) maybe another priority field so I can include Divine Plea as lowest priority

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Ok got it working now, looks good and it's not that difficult after all. I think I'll make the switch from clcret.
    What I'm missing now is:
    1) mana check option for consecration
    2) an option to change the priority for TV and CS, so I can use HoW over everything else
    3) maybe another priority field so I can include Divine Plea as lowest priority
    For 2: Last build (010+) should let you select how > tv > cs into the rotation. It should also work better during Zealotry.
    (If you did use IconRet1Ex, switch back to normal)

1 and 3 will be sorted when we get to 85 and hopefully make sense of a rotation.
    Last edited by abijax; 2010-10-15 at 02:01 PM.

Anyone getting tons of LUA errors referencing Nil?

Edit: My mistake, the recent update (38 minutes ago) supposedly fixes this
    Last edited by Tobley; 2010-10-15 at 02:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    Anyone getting tons of LUA errors referencing Nil?
    What are you getting it on? Icon or Bar and what Behavior code?

Better yet I would suggest Bugsack and BugGrabber from curse so you can catch the errors and see where they are coming from.