Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Excellent info, Req. Thanks.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

You can probably replace all those checks for HoW with IsUsableSpell (http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/IsUsableSpell).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    You can probably replace all those checks for HoW with IsUsableSpell (http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/IsUsableSpell).
    Will do thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

OK, I'm going to just say it. I have literally no idea what's going on in this thread. My mind spins at the amount of times I've read words like "local, return, if, get", I hate computer language

Is there any real reason I should move from clcret to clcinfo? As far as I can see, the only somewhat useful/interesting difference I've come across so far is this transparency thing you've found.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    OK, I'm going to just say it. I have literally no idea what's going on in this thread. My mind spins at the amount of times I've read words like "local, return, if, get", I hate computer language

Is there any real reason I should move from clcret to clcinfo? As far as I can see, the only somewhat useful/interesting difference I've come across so far is this transparency thing you've found.
    Or the fact that it's a all in one solution for buffs, procs, debuffs, rotation and everything else you can think of and clcret isn't.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

But clcret does do all that, in fact I have mine set up to track all my ICDs, Forbearance, Wings, Zealotry as well as all my Hand spells.

All this programming code is like chinese to me so clcret is the only way to go for me ;/
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Pardon me if i should haven't seen this anywhere, but what value did you guys choose for the "cs boost"-option in clcinfo/clcret? The default one is 0,5 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    But clcret does do all that, in fact I have mine set up to track all my ICDs, Forbearance, Wings, Zealotry as well as all my Hand spells.
    Sure it tracks them but it's a pain in the ass to display them. There is no unlock that lets you seem them all side by side without using the same code in all of them. It also means no FFA dragging so you can position them w/e you want.

There are a ton of reasons why clcinfo is better then clclret but 95% of it is the ability to customize and code things how you want instead of being forced into how it is written. Not to mention clcret is only for Ret and clcinfo can used for any and all classes.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Consanesco View Post
    Pardon me if i should haven't seen this anywhere, but what value did you guys choose for the "cs boost"-option in clcinfo/clcret? The default one is 0,5 seconds.

At our current gearing and haste levels I don't think the csboost will need much of a tweak as it's pretty easy to get to the cs/filler rotation without using more then 1 filler. Once you reach 85 and the haste isn't there the value will look a lot better to help you get the smoothest rotation.

Requital et al.,
    You've done a great job with the guide and it may be just the add-on I'm looking for. I need to ask one question before I take the big leap and start learning how to code clcinfo.
    I'm dual specced Protection and Retribution and rotate back and forth, depending on what I'm doing often. Can clcinfo detect what spec I'm in at a given time and change the rotation/buffs/etc. automatically or will I have to manually change clcinfo each time I switch spec?

thanks in advance
    safetypro
    Last edited by safetypro; 2010-11-25 at 05:40 PM.

in the code for the 10 sec warning for JotP

Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Judgements of the Pure")
    if duration and (start + duration - GetTime()) <= 10 then
      return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed
    end
    is any of that code for the "fade out" animation that it does at the end of the duration of JotP buff and if so can it be set to do that as a "fade in" so I can notice it better? messed with it some but can't figure it out as Im no expert with the lua coding that goes with this game. and this is more so for once I get Inq than it is for JotP but wondering all the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by safetypro View Post
    Requital et al.,
    You've done a great job with the guide and it may be just the add-on I'm looking for. I need to ask one question before I take the big leap and start learning how to code clcinfo.
    I'm dual specced Protection and Retribution and rotate back and forth, depending on what I'm doing often. Can clcinfo detect what spec I'm in at a given time and change the rotation/buffs/etc. automatically or will I have to manually change clcinfo each time I switch spec?

thanks in advance
    safetypro
    It can detect the spec difference based on you choosing an ability in the Ret tree for 1 spec and Prot tree for another spec. I use this for telling the difference between PvE and PvP I use Divine Storm as my " PvE recognition ability as I don't have that talent in PvP so it will work the same way.

---------- Post added 2010-11-28 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    in the code for the 10 sec warning for JotP

Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Judgements of the Pure")
    if duration and (start + duration - GetTime()) <= 10 then
      return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed
    end
    is any of that code for the "fade out" animation that it does at the end of the duration of JotP buff and if so can it be set to do that as a "fade in" so I can notice it better? messed with it some but can't figure it out as Im no expert with the lua coding that goes with this game. and this is more so for once I get Inq than it is for JotP but wondering all the same.
    I'll look into it for you, I know you can setup animation to make it flash and fade in or fade out, so i'm sure we can do the same as I use this code for Inquisition and JoTP since they are equally important.

I only hate how you have to know code to actually use it.
    If they develop a more useful way to configure it, then I'd make the switch.
    I'm still using CLCret and Powerauras. Both of which are 1000% easier to use.

Good mod IMO, just really complicated.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not as complicated as it seems, Once you look at the code it's just logical and the problem with making options you are stuck with it limits what you can do. The limits are endless right now if you start making it so it's not as complicated you start losing options.

Granted it could be written so all options are available but the issue with that I see is writing modules for other classes becomes very difficult.

Either way if you decide to use it and need some help just PM me or post here glad to help.

I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to make it work. Using guides even. The best I could do is get boxes to show up that did nothing.
    2 hours is way too long for any mod. And I'm terrible with code... There is no logic to it, to me. Code and I go together like oil and water.

I totally see the potential. But if someone doesn't do it for me, then I'll never use it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Boxes with no information means you didn't do anything with the behavior tab, but I understand completely about not wanting to write the code yourself at first I was like no way this is way to time consuming then I got hooked and I'm still hooked.

figured out what it was, I had been messing around witht he time that it appeared and evidentally had deleted part of the line below that making it wierd out so it does what I was wanting now.

is there any place with more documentation than is on the addons webpage for coding?

you can pick up parts here, on ej or on the google code webpages.
    its really not that difficult you start with a hopobar and a few icons for trinkets, aow, zealotry etc and then you work with it and experiment around :>

i use it for my rogue, my dk and my ret and the flexibility that its useable with all classes is really great.

i guess it would be an impossible amount of work to make the system smart and generate the code by itself by clicking through menues to select what you want and we would lose some of this flexibility i think.
    Last edited by Agathon; 2010-11-28 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    is there any place with more documentation than is on the addons webpage for coding?
    When you say "addons webpage", do you mean the one on Curse or this page?

Mmmmm cake and eating it, too.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.