Thread: DirectX 11?

DirectX 11?

anyone know if you can turn on the Dx11 graphics in live now with 4.0? and if so how
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

By reading patch notes. Instructions are there, near bottom.

It's still buggy, so use at own risk.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Experimental support for DX11 (enabled by passing '-d3d11' on the command line or adding SET gxApi "d3d11" to the Config.WTF file)

yeah saw this but i cant edit the config.wtf file and i have no ideo what 'd3d11' on the command line means
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    Experimental support for DX11 (enabled by passing '-d3d11' on the command line or adding SET gxApi "d3d11" to the Config.WTF file)

yeah saw this but i cant edit the config.wtf file and i have no ideo what 'd3d11' on the command line means
    i would imagine you just rename the file to .txt, make the changes, then rename back to .wtf
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Open it in Wordpad, paste <SET gxApi "d3d11"> in the end of the list

Launch WoW, Ive done it and I can say that the game seems alot more detailed, tbh

thank you banjo worked perfect

Deleted
    How are the effects? are they bugging out your FPS now? or are you fine.

Some effects are bugged, general performance in places like Dalaran seems better, but overall performance is actually worse for me (GTX470) when using the DX11 version.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Performance in DX11 mode (in beta) varies a lot depending on which zone you were in. in TBC and WLK areas DX11 mode runs much slower than in Cata areas. I guess the old zone maps are just so optimized to DX9 mode that new cards will fare worse with 'em. It's entirely possible TBC/WLK areas will always be slower than the rest of the game until similar facelift vanilla areas got.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Ok Vess so your just talking about this in the Beta and not the actually possibility of it being like this in the Dec. 7 release right? If not that would suck to have my DX11 card slow me down more when I go back to vanilla areas.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddrak View Post
    Ok Vess so your just talking about this in the Beta and not the actually possibility of it being like this in the Dec. 7 release right? If not that would suck to have my DX11 card slow me down more when I go back to vanilla areas.
    It won't slow you down unless you enable it. You might miss a few features with it disabled, however.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage