Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy paladin viable dps "spec"? (1920x1080 pic)!!

Sup guys,

I tryd some of the dps talents on my lvl 77 holy paladin, and found some interesting results a.k.a. 3.8k dps on short bosses.
    The screenshot below should be evidence enough.
    Armory: (out of date when i posted) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rom&cn=Shiraya

/Thoughts

I was doing about 5k dps on saurfang last night as holy until I went OOM. Spamming EXO gets spendy.

10+ Year Old Account
    the hell? your armory show level 76

Deleted
    lol nice. thats quite impressive and probably made the other dps feel quite small.

A guildie was banging on about "holy ranged dps" pre patch, might be good at 77 in an instance but i cant see it being viable in anything longer than an instance boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxvdakker View Post
    the hell? your armory show level 76
    obvious troll is obvious.
    no realy, din't i post: "Armory: (out of date when i posted)"?

yes i did.

Yep, I'm leveling holy. I'm sure that is all it's gonna be good for though, it's not like it can compete with boomkin damage or anything crazy like that to actually become viable.

Deleted
    is it possible? yes. you can simply spam exo and use your 3 other moves (HS, cons and judge) on CD.
    is it feasible? only on higher gear levels with a crapton of int/sprit/crit gear, which goes against anything holydins collect.
    is it viable? no. lack of of a HoPo dump and low mana efficiency gives issues. additionally, mana is an issue.
    remark: if holy paladin regen can become enough at 85 to keep spamming exo without issues (using flasks, buffs, gear and enchants that buff spirit) for at least 6 minutes, shockadin might be SEMI-viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    is it possible? yes. you can simply spam exo and use your 3 other moves (HS, cons and judge) on CD.
    is it feasible? only on higher gear levels with a crapton of int/sprit/crit gear, which goes against anything holydins collect.
    is it viable? no. lack of of a HoPo dump and low mana efficiency gives issues. additionally, mana is an issue.
    remark: if holy paladin regen can become enough at 85 to keep spamming exo without issues (using flasks, buffs, gear and enchants that buff spirit) for at least 6 minutes, shockadin might be SEMI-viable.
    inquisition should be a decent HP dump for holys since they dont get the longer duration that ret ahs for it

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    inquisition should be a decent HP dump for holys since they dont get the longer duration that ret ahs for it
    This is true. Seeing as nearly 100% of Shockadamage(u c wut i did that?) is holy, Inq will be more than suitable as a HP dump. With that in mind and as long as it is mana sustainable, as nzall mentioned, it could very well be semi-viable.

....and now....
    RELEASE THE PRENTICE!!
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Deleted
    im pretty sure i could do at least 10k dps, gona try next week. proeperlly specced etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Using spells not balanced at appropriate levels to justify a dps spec as being viable, is not a good one.

Unless you are SPECIFICALLY speccing for ONLY said level ranges (i.e. 40s bracket, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Using spells not balanced at appropriate levels to justify a dps spec as being viable, is not a good one.

Unless you are SPECIFICALLY speccing for ONLY said level ranges (i.e. 40s bracket, etc.)
    I agree with Ronark. Although almost 4k dps is pretty impressive as a L77, the spells are probably not balanced for lower levels. With my L60 ret pala (mostly epic items) I can get over 4k art of war - exorcism crits, extremely op with health pools at ~5k.

It would be interesting to see the numbers for L80 with icc25 gear, anytime have some extra time on their hands?

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting to see the numbers for L80 with icc25 gear, anytime have some extra time on their hands?
    on it will edit for results

first edit says:
    proof of concept

- subpar equip (mail n stuff), totally forgot to use the new divine favor, not reforged for the job yet
    - exo-spam with undead mobs: priceless

eu-char, mal'ganis,mithraw, for the guys who want to check the armory :P

doing some additional testing in Pit of Saron now, coming out as 2nd in DpS throughout till now... maybe a less undead-y instance afterwards
    Last edited by Kashydan; 2010-10-15 at 11:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    whats with so many ppl who dont like the idea of holy dps?

seems like there almost a fear of it being used to dps.
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

This would be awesome then druids wouldn't be the only 4 spec class

holy paladin overdamaged warrior with shadowmourne and h cryptmaker on Marrowgar.
    trolling is not even in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crikk23 View Post

As long as it's handled as healing spec that some people might use for dps'ing (just for fun) it's ok. If for some weird reason Blizzard would even think making holy a real healing/dps spec (the same way druids have tanking/dps tree) the fear should start. Since there would be no winners in that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    As long as it's handled as healing spec that some people might use for dps'ing (just for fun) it's ok. If for some weird reason Blizzard would even think making holy a real healing/dps spec (the same way druids have tanking/dps tree) the fear should start. Since there would be no winners in that.
    unless it set up so there some pure dmg parts and d pure healing parts so if you take dmg you going to suck at healing and if you take healing you suck at dps.
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Deleted
    Off Topic: @ Kilpi, a moomin fan i see. I loved the animated series.

On Topic: I am going to have to agree with Ronark on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23 View Post

I forsee Discipline becoming a dps spec, you go 31/3/7 and youve got a decent "healer" dps build, but on the subject i really dont see how a healer "spec" turning into a dps spec is gonna be a bad thing especially since they keep a healer mana pool and can still play like a healer in needed situations