Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    Well I came up with 2 ideas of how to squeeze in holy nova to the disc tree.

The first one is pretty simple, you just include it in Strength of Soul, not game-breaking but still a nice addition.

The second one is a talent (3 points) that reduces the damage portion of Holy nova by (33/66/100%) but increases the chance that it will trigger a PoM bounce off a friendly target struck by Holy nova by (33/66/100%). I kinda like the second one much better to be honest

Thoughts?
    Disc's tree is bloated as is. Adding 3 more points would mean we would be very limited as to what we could pick up in the holy tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Repo123 View Post
    Disc's tree is bloated as is. Adding 3 more points would mean we would be very limited as to what we could pick up in the holy tree.
    Here's three effects that wouldn't increase the number of talents in the tree:

The first: Tack it into Grace to make it -double- the healing from Holy Nova. The Second, folded into Renewed Hope: Your Holy Nova causes your target to absorb 10% of the amount healed, for 8 seconds. Third, add this effect into Strength of Souls:

"If your Holy Nova damages more than three people, a secondary Holy Nova is cast, which costs no mana but does 0 damage". Make it automatically triggered, like Elemental Overload or the new Improved Flamestrike talent (so not even GCD).

It's tagged onto already existing talents, so it doesn't further the "Bloat" and it offers incentive to talent into Strength of Souls, even as a Smite healer (especially because of this talent, Nova may want to be put onto Divine Accuracy). It feels different from anything that Holy does, and looks to be a powerful but situational AoE heal for a spec people still view as a "single target" or "Shield only" spec.

Functionally playing different, plus having tools that feel right for the spec, what do you think?
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-17 at 01:39 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I can think of three possibilities:
    Train of Thought - 10% chance to reduce PoH cast time by 50%.
    Renewed Hope - Increase Holy Nova healing by 100% on targets with Grace/WS.
    Divine Aegis - Holy Nova 'blooms' Divine Aegis consuming the shield and healing for 200% of the bubble's value.

That would be quite a sexy version of Divine Aegis indeed, harky. And Increased Healing would fit into Renewed Hope quite nicely. Not sure about Train of Thought in that, though.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-17 at 02:44 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Bubble nova. I like the sound of that

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    First things first, don't call it "holy" nova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaL92-jssk
    Awesome
    No beta club.....Yea i dont have a fancy pic of it.

Since the "problem" with disc and aoe seems to be that PW:B is a cool down, how about if holy nova would reduce the cool down on PW:B by like 1 second per each person it heals or 5 seconds per cast? Holy nova is already pretty disc friendly since disc seems to be the damage spec and spamming it makes crits for ageis procs more reliable. Another idea that may not be as technically possible would be to make holy novas inside the barrier add to the barrier's strength/duration.

Guaranteed procs would almost be OP in one sense for casting it once and switching to PoH, but wouldn't make much difference in spamming it so that would almost encourage the use of the spell to be limited. I would rather see this spell supported with talents in disc to reduce GCD to 1 for it or have it reduce the cool down of PW:B or maybe cast time of PoH.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2010-10-17 at 03:02 AM.