Cool Zealotry no longer consumes HP!

From the front page of MMO.

This is an awesome change =D

Now they just need to make inquisition not use HP... >_>

I think this is a step in the right direction at least. I can see far less situations where it would result in a dps loss, but it will still clash with our mastery. Still, better than nothing.

It still requires 3 Holy Power though.

Requires 3 HP is not even a tiny bit of a problem. It doesn't consume it. Meaning Zealotry leads directly to doing dmg immediately instead of spooling back up again. Good change, and Zealotry should immediately go back into Retadin dps cycles.

~Surp

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    It still requires 3 Holy Power though.
    NYI probably. Hopefully it gets put in somewhat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
    NYI probably. Hopefully it gets put in somewhat soon.
    I think he meant that you still need 3 HP to activate it. I don't think that's a problem at all, you can still do a 3 HP TV immediately after activating it. Would be nice if Zealotry didn't cause a GCD tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post
    I think he meant that you still need 3 HP to activate it. I don't think that's a problem at all, you can still do a 3 HP TV immediately after activating it. Would be nice if Zealotry didn't cause a GCD tho...
    I think he meant that this is a Beta Build, not on PTR or Live yet.

now all they need to do is take excorcism off the shared cd of everything else
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

seems all right, yet a really minor fix...I mean, you pop Zeal, then hit 1 CS and you have your 3 HP back, so really this change saves us 1 GCD every 2 minutes...I really don't see that as doing much difference...do you?
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    seems all right, yet a really minor fix...I mean, you pop Zeal, then hit 1 CS and you have your 3 HP back, so really this change saves us 1 GCD every 2 minutes...I really don't see that as doing much difference...do you?
    ... You don't seem to understand.

its a 1 TV increase. or really, 1 tv-cs increase. not large, but it is nice. still doesnt fix the near uselessness at 85, but will be alright for 80.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

So ya this was definitely my idea on the beta forums, I'm sure it was other peoples as well but I suggested they make it a replica of AR which they definitely did to a point and I'm very pleased with it this makes using Zealotry worth it. Now if they can figure out how to fix Inquisition 30 second buff for 3 HP is terrible should be double that 20 seconds for each HP used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Considering Zealotry has a number of issues and the fact that it used HP to activate was, at best, a minor consideration, I'm NOT excited about this. The problem with Zealotry lies with the mechanics of the ability itself. The idea of generating 3 HP instead of 1 with every CS is good...but degraded in an environment where EITHER DP and HoL exists and utterly wasted where both do.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Considering Zealotry has a number of issues and the fact that it used HP to activate was, at best, a minor consideration, I'm NOT excited about this. The problem with Zealotry lies with the mechanics of the ability itself. The idea of generating 3 HP instead of 1 with every CS is good...but degraded in an environment where EITHER DP and HoL exists and utterly wasted where both do.

EJL
    It's a good ramp up on pulls that is what I use it for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    every gcd count when you can dps/heal or threat better

10+ Year Old Account
    True it is a step in the right direction but it's still the worst 31 point talent in game.

I really hope they have some rework of the tree before the expansion is over where they reduce the randomness for some control & skill involvement.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    I really hope they have some rework of the tree before the expansion is over where they reduce the randomness for some control & skill involvement.
    we all are hoping for that. tbh what i'd like to see, for zealotry, is more things proc the three HP automatically. obviously that wont do anything for us now at hast cap, but at 84 for first two raids it will. so we could cs, tv, exo, tv, cs, tv, judge, tv, etc.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    ... You don't seem to understand.
    I understand fine, I never said it wasn't a gain at all, just doesn't seem like much. I know we get an extra 3 HP TV out of it, and another proc at the end of the 20 sec if we're lucky. And next time, if you think someone doesn't understand something, perhaps you should provide some explanation instead of simply posting a demeaning, pointless reply.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Zealotry needs shorter CD and just generate 3 HP. Nothing more nothing less. Basically, a self-activate HoL-mastery proc
    Or just give us a real ability, rather then another burst CD
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I understand fine, I never said it wasn't a gain at all, just doesn't seem like much. I know we get an extra 3 HP TV out of it, and another proc at the end of the 20 sec if we're lucky. And next time, if you think someone doesn't understand something, perhaps you should provide some explanation instead of simply posting a demeaning, pointless reply.
    Don't be so hard on him. He did it because he didn't understand.