Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Possible hidden swd change.

Im not 100% if its a bug or a change. or if im the only one noticing it. but in addition to the damage nerf shadow word death now only instantly refreshes 1 time when the target is below 25% health..

In other words you only get 2 casts per swd cooldown below 25% health..

Again im not sure if its a bug or not. but its defiantly happening for me.

Working as intended.

Edit: Glyph has a 6 second internal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    Working as intended.

Edit: Glyph has a 6 second internal cooldown.
    that is a very reasonable change.. i like that.. do you think they will revert the damage change now?

Probably not. If you look on the front page, Ghostcrawler mentioned nerfing it, and possibly not nerfing it enough, and that it's not supposed to be Shadow's biggest spell.

They gave it a 6 second cd, so now at 25% you cast it once every 6 seconds rather then spam it like they had before. Damage is a bit lighter too though.
    "¿ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    They gave it a 6 second cd, so now at 25% you cast it once every 6 seconds rather then spam it like they had before. Damage is a bit lighter too though.
    naw they gave the glyph a six second internal cooldown.. that means you can spam swd 2 times.. then wait the ten for it to come off cooldown.. then repeat...

unless im missing something...

they need to revert the damage nerfs to MB and death if there putting a cooldown on death. That should have been the original change.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was there any mention of Mind Blast being nerfed?
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Uhhh, did they just accidently nerf SW: D once again? My SW: D is hitting for 1.9 and critting for 4k on a normal dummy (not even a heroic boss one)...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Where was there any mention of Mind Blast being nerfed?
    when was there any mention about the glyph change until after it was done. as far as i know they simply announced nerfing the damage of shadow word death.. the rest is just extra unannounced stuff

I know many people have noticed a damage drop in mind blast aswell.. myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Uhhh, did they just accidently nerf SW: D once again? My SW: D is hitting for 1.9 and critting for 4k on a normal dummy (not even a heroic boss one)...
    Yeh they did, no mention of it. But hit up the dummy about 5 minutes apart (without logging out) and got completely different results. My crits are hitting for just over 4k, where 5 minutes earlier it was hitting for 15k. Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dpilon View Post
    Yeh they did, no mention of it. But hit up the dummy about 5 minutes apart (without logging out) and got completely different results. My crits are hitting for just over 4k, where 5 minutes earlier it was hitting for 15k. Absolutely ridiculous.
    so wait.. your saying they hotfixed ANOTHER damage nerf into the game just a few minutes ago?

so that would bring the total nerfs of shadow word death up to three total nerfs in less than two days?

Quote Originally Posted by Evaangelina
    so wait.. your saying they hotfixed ANOTHER damage nerf into the game just a few minutes ago?

so that would bring the total nerfs of shadow word death up to three total nerfs in less than two days?
    Yeah. I was confused when I saw my dps dropped a lot again. Then I notice my SW: D were hitting for 1k9-2k, critting for 4k.
    I hope / think it was just an accident, or SW: D is completely worthless the way it's right now.

According to one of the latest GC posts, Shadow Word: Death damage has been nerfed above 20%. It should, however, remain what it was below that. Nothing, however, is mentioned about any sort of cooldown added to the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    According to one of the latest GC posts, Shadow Word: Death damage has been nerfed above 20%. It should, however, remain what it was below that. Nothing, however, is mentioned about any sort of cooldown added to the glyph.
    The glyph's cd nerf was posted on the official Blizzard Priest forum. SW: D was hitting for 6k5 after the 20% nerf (~8k5 yesterday). Now it seems that they messed up and somehow nerfed SW: D again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The glyph's cd nerf was posted on the official Blizzard Priest forum. SW: D was hitting for 6k5 after the 20% nerf (~8k5 yesterday). Now it seems that they messed up and somehow nerfed SW: D again.
    He means that it should do less damage on targets with more than 20% hp and the same on ones below 20% I think.

Reply to mushroom
    I know for a fact a cooldown was added to the glyph i have been playing with it and tabbing out to post here in downtime. So at this point dont take anything gc says for any type of value.

First our shadow word deaths did 25-30k damage with good crits.. then 12-14k with crits .. now they are doing 6-8k with crits...

thats alot more than 20%...

so ya they didnt tell us about the glyph change so why assume they would be honest about the damage change. im going to assume they nerfed shadow word death damage by at least 40%..

but then again.. ghostcrawler is the one who told shadow priests that "Someone has to be last".

and apparently after 2 days.. thats gonna be us.

So SWD with glyph act same as hunter's Kill Shot, which was badly nerfed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaangelina View Post
    Reply to mushroom
    I know for a fact a cooldown was added to the glyph i have been playing with it and tabbing out to post here in downtime. So at this point dont take anything gc says for any type of value.

First our shadow word deaths did 25-30k damage with good crits.. then 12-14k with crits .. now they are doing 6-8k with crits...

thats alot more than 20%...

so ya they didnt tell us about the glyph change so why assume they would be honest about the damage change. im going to assume they nerfed shadow word death damage by at least 40%..

but then again.. ghostcrawler is the one who told shadow priests that "Someone has to be last".

and apparently after 2 days.. thats gonna be us.

Did you read the post? Nowhere does it say they nerfed the actual damage by 20%. They said they nerfed it so it won't do full damage to a target who has more than 20% health.

Now, I'm not saying they didn't nerf the damage it does overall (which I believe they did, my priest is only an alt), but they never said they nerfed it's actual damage by 20%.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?