15+ Year Old Account

Impending Victory

Anyone feeling like 2/2 Impending Victory is lackluster? I would somehow remove the under 20% restriction, make it 10/25% chance proc and give it 6sec internal cooldown. I am sorry, but I was really looking towards this talent in both prot PvE and PvP and it seems that's it rarely significant in PvP (yes talking about 1v1 duels, know they are not balanced but still) and in PvE it's just a joke. The proc heals only for 7-8k (glyphed) my warrior has almost 55k hp, almost every class has some reliable on demand heal and we are stuck with this under 20% s**t.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    It's far from worthless, but I can agree it feels lackluster.

I'd be more than glad if Blizzard either gave it a 100% chance to proc sub 20% or, as you said, dropping the chance to proc but letting it be available at all times.

Deleted
    I'd prefer it to be usable at less than 20%, usually that's when most fights become hectic and it's more useful, than it proccing randomly throughout the whole fight when it might not be as good. I don't think it's meant to be used as a reliable heal, we have Enraged Regeneration for that anyway. I'm content with the move as it is, but if you wanted to increase how effective it was, perhaps allow it to proc off of shield slam as well as devastate.

Personally I think it's pointless, have a read of my ICC post patch thread for the supporting theory, my fingers can't handle typing it again

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Deleted
    When you hit lvl85 you skill secondwind + that other thing in the fury tree (forgot the name just this moment)

you will on average heal passivly about 2% life everysecond as long as they CC you. then you glyph spellreflect and have a 6sek CD on it. that gives casters that are afraid to hit you a 1sec window to attack, otherwise they eat their own shit. also you get 60 rage each time, so that wont be a problem then.

I see that this devastate thing seems to be a lackluster, personally I forget to hit it anyways since devastate < anything else as soon as you get some vengence, talking about the pve part now. but seeing that there are always adds in bossfights those 9% life on a 120k nh-tank will be _alot_ considering there is no CD (yet).
    (5%+glyph+20% increased selfheal: 5% * 1.5 * 1.2 = 9%)
    It already is if you ask me, especially if you stunlock/mute a target when they get low you can get 2-3 of those, which is already nearly as much as enraged regeneration does on a 3min CD (you can also thunderclap a lvl7 pig and then devastate that as it will be roughly at 15% life then, just like rets will have to learn to use critters to gain that 45% speed increase so they wont be kited in the "deathzone")

EDIT: as always the math >_> so either is 5% * 1.5 * 1.2 = 9% or 5% * (1 + 0.5 + 0.2) = 8.5% not much of a difference though
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2010-10-15 at 09:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've read it yesterday, I can agree with the blood craze, but this ability could have so much potential.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Blood Craze is great and Impending victory is decent, but only for soloing old content.
    Finally solo'd all of ZG without dying.. O: even Hakkar.

Yay for self-healing.

But I guess Impending Victory isn't all that necessary as I was never under 30k hp (except once because I had agro'd one panther and it agro'd every mob till spider boss so I had a lot to fight). Blood Craze is almost all you need (with Field Dressing).
    Last edited by SilverHeimdall; 2010-10-15 at 10:06 AM.

With the current DPS buff, the boss didn't stay under 20% HP for me to have time to hit Impending Victory more than once. I think it is a dud talent today, but in Cata with the larger health pools and oom'ing healers, you'll be glad to get some extra healing.