Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think what you're going to see next patch is either
    -A buff to Sbolt, since the two Sbolt using specs are distinctly lagging behind destro, and destro is the least affected by their low-stat mantra.

-Or more likely a nerf to destro, because IIRC aff and demo are closer to each other than to destro.

Notes:
    -Molten core is definitely noticeable for PvE. It's a nice spike of damage.
    -Demo should be beating the pants off of Aff with the large DS nerf and complete lack of compensation. They just lost ~7-9% of their dps.

As for what demo needs:
    -A slight buff to immolate duration so that you don't have to cast Hog the second it comes off CD(or make fel flame only a slight dps loss to Sbolt, not the useless spell it apparently is now.)
    -They need to figure something out for decimation. Last I checked it was actually a dps loss for me(emberstorm should fix that by 82) but that doesn't solve the meta CD reduction issue removing Sbolt from rotation introduces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    Honestly though unless your planning on making them a twink how long do you stay low level, and if you are planning it to be a twink afflic or destro would be better anyways. So while i agree with you it is still an arbitrary QQ.
    Just one example how well built is this tree.
    Considering amount of energy put into game changes in this expansion to cater new players and make the game failproof I think this is strange:

molten core
    talent level 40 - 45

incinerate
    spell level 64

So you can pick talent for spell that you will obtain 20 levels later?

My own copy-paste for people that say DPS is competitive:

c/ you can delete 5 talent points spent in PVE spec and 7 in PVP spec and will not feel the diference - mainly because they have so negligable impact on gameplay feeling (I'm not talking about DPS numbers) - perfect opposite of proclaimed goal for those 7 points to feel special, different and useful

b/ PVE wise - I know people will be generaly satisfied when they are producing competitive DPS numbers (even with dumb one-button SB spam), but there should be something more than DPS

a/ I'm focusing at the feeling - that is why I play games - and it is not right, it is not right in leveling, in PVP, and to some extent in PVE neither

d/ this tree is so bloated with useless stuff that
    -while leveling you have no reasonable choices where to spend talents
    -in PVP half of interesting stuff will not work for you (molten core, meta CD reducing, ebon imp, infernal/doomguard boost, ..)
    -in PVE people want top damage meters, that's all they care for - makes me sad (back in BC I raided with 6/44/11 because SB spam was like a torture to me)

e/ it is also sad devs do nothing about that, because solving many of these problems is neither hard nor gamebreaking

[-in PVE people want top damage meters, that's all they care for - makes me sad (back in BC I raided with 6/44/11 because SB spam was like a torture to me)

At the top level content if you have any hope of downing say heroic lk you have to max your dps. If you want to muck around in Ulduar in icc lvl gear then yes there is a lot more room to add you own "style" to your play. Also generally speaking dps needs to do 2 things and that is 1. live by not standing in fire. 2. inflict as much damage on the boss in as little time as possible. (the occasional dps class such as mages might have a 3rd job on occasion, ie dispelling). So given that in a raid you really only need to do 2 things most people try and do them as well as possible. As fun as the spec may be I doubt theres many frostfire mages (if this build is even possible anymore) downing lk hm. So I fail to see how trying to be a better player by doing higher dps is "sad".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmorace View Post
    So I fail to see how trying to be a better player by doing higher dps is "sad".
    in end level PVE it always ends to be 2 things a/ live b/ do as much damage as you can
    realistically there's not much room for other goals

point is how you will do it
    one-button spam is not right way
    managing well-thought priority system rewarding for perfection is the right way

some players shrink their game experience to one number - DPS and don't care for anythig else
    that's OK, if they want let them do
    "sad" is they anticipate other players also have so narrow goals