Page 1 of 2
LastLast

soloing bwl or mc

Just got a litle curious cus a friend mentioned the wholle scaling thing when your level 85, that lower level mobs would be a litle harder. So the thing i got a litle curious was..... vanila raids.. like Molten core and blackwing lair. Would you be able to solo them at lv 85. I know bwl would be a litle hard with the first 2 boses and maybe Chromagnus, but what about mc.... would it be to hard to do it alone.... even if you have like... awesome gear and 85k health or how much you have at max level.

Deleted
    I've soloed MC at 80. I'm guessing it'll be WAY easier at 85, due to even clothies having 80k+ HP in quest greenies...

Deleted
    Molten Core is soloable now and has been for months i do it weekly on my prot paladin.
    BWL i dont think you can solo it as you said with the first bosses becos you need more then 1 one for that.

yeah, just a litle curious cus of the scaling thing .... which i dont believe should effect old raids.... and it got me a litle worried and such

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Molten Core is soloable now and has been for months i do it weekly on my prot paladin.
    BWL i dont think you can solo it as you said with the first bosses becos you need more then 1 one for that.
    This. Even if you could get past Razorgore, Vaelastrasz's debuff is instant death for the tank. We managed to kill him with a druid (healer/rezzer), pally, DK, and rogue.

I've heard of people soloing MC, I'm just very curious how you can solo Sulfuron Harbinger as a prot pally. Aren't the four healers a bit too much?
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    They get OOM after some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boilingpoint View Post
    They get OOM after some time.
    /facepalm
    That never even crossed my mind. Thank you.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

I use to solo some bosses in Karazhan on my lvl 80 dk with full pvp gear. Works great!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the first boss in BWL is soloable, need 1 at least one person on orb and one on adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC has BEEN soloable. AQ20 probably. AQ40= no chance.

I DOUBT you can solo BWL, due to the fact that mobs keep spawning, and you need to destroy eggs. Destroying eggs while getting hit AND getting him hit aswell would be unlikely. 2nd boss I doubt aswell, due to the fact that he has an insta-kill debuff.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I read somewhere MC and BWL will be gone when Cataclysm ships?

Much of BWL is not soloable and will not be, because of mechanics that require more than one person regardless of gear or DPS output.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC and BWL will both be there due to the guild Legendary achievement, two of those listed come from MC and the mats to make one (or both ?) come from BWL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadamehr View Post
    MC and BWL will both be there due to the guild Legendary achievement, two of those listed come from MC and the mats to make one (or both ?) come from BWL
    Hmm, that's true! Guess my source wasn't very reliable

15+ Year Old Account
    You dont read his question correctly. He's asking about scaling, if the low level mobs will hit harder on you the higher level you are, or if he's just mistaken.

edit: unless I'm just the one who screws up here

I Actually found it easier to solo MC as Ret than as Prot. As prot I didnt take a lot of damage, but it took forever to kill things. As ret I kill everything faster, and with instant heals and divine storm I could keep myself up. I got the idea from one of my former guildmates who solo'd Onyxia before she became a lvl 80 raid.

I also solo ZG every 3 days for those stupid mounts, and again its easier as ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people said, MC is soloable now, even as ret. I do it every week (got my TF, just farming for the Eye of Sulfuras now) BWl though just not possible... 1st boss defiantly no, second one actually might be possible at 85 if you can throw out enough dps to kill him before BA kills you, but I doubt it.

But there is another later on, Ebonroc... Because block no longer stops a set amount and is now just a percentage reduction you cannot become un-hittable to him, and his curse will heal him for 50k every time he hits you... He was soloable by a prot paladin pre 4.0, now you will need 2 tanks to swap for the debuff.

Chromagnus Will be a pain too, because we can no longer dispel magic debuffs as ret and prot, increasing the chance greatly for mutation and wipe and the magic debuff will be draining 50mp/s from you. If you are going to do that solo you will need TONS of hourglass sand... because it takes a long long time to kill him alone, and with having more debuffs at all times, you can't risk the stun from Brod Affliction: Bronze under any circumstances. You will also need to glyph cleanse, because you will be casting it a lot and risk OOMing without the glyph.

But all in all, the difficulty will only get easier from 80 to 85.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2010-10-15 at 07:27 PM.

Well, before patch i was able to solo most everything except ragnaros in MC (dam move that push you in the air, fall damage kill me), but now, no bloodthirst spec to heal a lot and damage input increased by a lot, i cant anymore. I even struggle a LOT now in bc heroics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraagin View Post
    This. Even if you could get past Razorgore, Vaelastrasz's debuff is instant death for the tank. We managed to kill him with a druid (healer/rezzer), pally, DK, and rogue.
    Basically, we did it with a Blood Dk tank, a demo lock and an arcane mage. SS on the mage and told him to pop CD's and arcane blast spam, who health wise is pretty much a strong heroic boss. Either way, not soloable atm. At 85? Maybe. You just have to kill him before Burning Adrenaline kills you, a fairly tall order. Either way, the soloer won't ever get this far, unless he accepts some help on Razorgore.