Idea - yet another healing spell for holy paladin

After reading massive QQ and keeping an eye on another healing classes I think that paladins still lack AoE healing (holy radiance can be very helpful in Cata, BUT it still has 30 sec CD talented, while other classes can constantly heal raid and be very good tank healers [or even better now?]). And then I thought up an interesting idea. It would be a talent that causes our Consecration to heal instead of deal damage.

Holy Ground.
    1/1
    Causes your Consecration to heal all party or raid members standing upon it for 270 every second for 10 seconds intead of damaging enemies. Effect increased by 10% for every point of Holy Power.

Firstly, it would greatly boost our AoE healing, be something what other classes have, and it would be another way of spending our Holy Power (Prot and ret have some possibilities of spending it). And the idea of standing upon Holy Ground and being healed sound just great for Holy Paladin.

I hope this suggestion wasn't brought up yet. Your thoughts?

Deleted
    Decent though 2700 is not an awful lot of heals making it fairly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Decent though 2700 is not an awful lot of heals making it fairly useless.
    Well, it's just tooltip (and pretty random number). Remember, it would scale with spell power and talents.

Sounds cool but like previously stated even at full HP that would only be 3500 hit points... Even with the lower health pools at 80 it would need to do 8-10k and maybe give each tick a chance to crit for it to even help on fights that would even need it. But even if we had that I think it would all be over heal. 30 sec cd on Conc. is too long for it to compete with hots/absorbs and the shorter cd aoe heals.

I say f**k aoe heals and make our single target heals better, since that is the majority of our heals... single target. And DONT NERF SPEED OF LIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
    Sounds cool but like previously stated even at full HP that would only be 3500 hit points... Even with the lower health pools at 80 it would need to do 8-10k and maybe give each tick a chance to crit for it to even help on fights that would even need it. But even if we had that I think it would all be over heal. 30 sec cd on Conc. is too long for it to compete with hots/absorbs and the shorter cd aoe heals.

I say f**k aoe heals and make our single target heals better, since that is the majority of our heals... single target. And DONT NERF SPEED OF LIGHT!!!
    Again - the number is just random. Remember, in Cata all hots can crit (and I'm wondering if Holy Radiance benefits from haste). Yeah, its pretty long cd, but we would have 3 aoe heals, each 30 seconds cooldown. While we will never be raid healers, Blizzard is tough with decision of everyone being good at everything. I just think that our two aoe heals can't even compete with, say, Prayer of healing, which can be spammed (and seriously, I'm sure that glyph of holy light was better then holy radiance is ever going to be).

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Again - the number is just random. Remember, in Cata all hots can crit (and I'm wondering if Holy Radiance benefits from haste). Yeah, its pretty long cd, but we would have 3 aoe heals, each 30 seconds cooldown. While we will never be raid healers, Blizzard is tough with decision of everyone being good at everything. I just think that our two aoe heals can't even compete with, say, Prayer of healing, which can be spammed (and seriously, I'm sure that glyph of holy light was better then holy radiance is ever going to be).
    Yep Holy Radiance is going to have to put out some significant numbers over those 6 secs for me to even consider casting it and pressing 'w' to get in range. They should just make LoD work off of HP and give it like a 10 - 15 second cd. Then I would take the glyph

lol

Any more thoughts?

If they made the effectivness of LoD scale with HP that would be awesome, like 5/10/15% (or more, just being conservative).

Or make it to where when WoG consumes 3 HP it has an X chance to generate another HP.

Or have some kind of ability where we could juggle the HP to keep our FoL at 75% cost when the hard hits start coming.

They making us rely on proc's so much, I wish they would just leave the haste stuff alone (better yet improve it in the talents). That way we could focus more on spirit and crit.

I hope they buff JoTp when they nerf Speed of Light.