Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Low level PvP is completely borked in 4.0.1

Not that is really matters much, just means I'll do a lot less BG's as I'm leveling alts. But it's ridiculously imbalanced now. Don't even enter 10-19 WSG unless you're a Subtlety specced Rogue =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, I too am experiencing this on my low level alts. Subtlety Rogues and Feral Druids seem to be one-shotting pretty much everyone in low level brackets, and if they don't, poisons and Eviscerate quickly finish off the remaining health.

Even on my own Rogue, who's level 35 and Subtlety, I made short work of a level 37 tank before he could even flinch.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Deleted
    Pretty much everything, including low-level instances is completely fucked up by 4.01

Why couldn't Blizz just have lowered player damage coming out of WotLK instead of buffing everything a mile high while ruining their game in the process.

I can agree with the rogues... they 1 shot my warlock but on the other hand im a destro lock and i can do immolate and conflag and its pretty much a 1 shot kill....

I played everyclass on beta till 19 lvl atleast and to be honest the only thing that doesn't one shot is Shaman and Shadow Priest (not counting healers anyway) so...
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

mate, the most OP class in the 20-29 bracket is Warrior for sure, they changed rage and now I have a full rage bar all the time. Same level chars as my war die in a charge stun, since I can mortal strike+heroic strike at the exact same time hitting for 2k+ damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played a couple of classes in the 19 bracket, and it honestly isn't that bad. It's actually really fun with all the new abilities available.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    Pretty much everything, including low-level instances is completely fucked up by 4.01

Why couldn't Blizz just have lowered player damage coming out of WotLK instead of buffing everything a mile high while ruining their game in the process.
    When the shattering happens, it'll all be better in dungeons, I'm sure.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I've played a couple of classes in the 19 bracket, and it honestly isn't that bad. It's actually really fun with all the new abilities available.

When the shattering happens, it'll all be better in dungeons, I'm sure.
    What makes you so sure? We all know Blizz doesn't care much about low level balance.

And here we have people 3 maning level-appropriate instances, boss fights lasting 20 seconds and tanks doing more DPS at level 30 than a level 60 Mage used to do while raiding Molten Core.

PS: It's not such a big issue at level 19. Its from level 25 onwards where things start getting stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    What makes you so sure? We all know Blizz doesn't care much about low level balance.

And here we have people 3 maning level-appropriate instances, boss fights lasting 20 seconds and tanks doing more DPS at level 30 than a level 60 Mage used to do while raiding Molten Core.

PS: It's not such a big issue at level 19. Its from level 25 onwards where things start getting stupid.
    ehh... that's true, but they don't want the low level portion of the game to drive off new people because they can't enter any pvp scenario which doesn't end in one person one shotting the other - remember the whole idea in cata is to KEEP NEW PLAYERS not scare them away by introducing WAY too much damage at low levels for anything besides a stealth class who can almost guarantee the first hit to be fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I totally agree with most of the comments here. Low level PvP has gone from bad to worse to absolutely farcical now. One minute I'm running with the flag out in the open (with a level 47 resto-druid in full heirlooms), miles away from the action with HoTs ticking away just in case, then all of a sudden it's Ambush (one shot) = DEAD.

I'm an experienced player, and I know how to use the utilities I'm given to full effect. However, crazy burst like this gives a player no chance. It's not just rogues, although they are most annoying because they come outta nowhere to one-shot you. In the same bracket I was hit by a Mortal Strike for 2.2k.

I can't understand Blizzard's reasoning behind neglecting the low levels so much. It must be such a daunting prospect for new players to be told that they should expect to get repeatedly splattered until they hit level 80 (or 85), and then they will still get splattered until they've spent many more hours earning some semi-decent gear. How many hours are they expected to devote to the game before they are allowed to enjoy it? How many people are gonna keep coming back for more if their first 100 hours or so of PvP is mainly them running from the GY only to return 20 seconds later?

I have to agree with this, even in higher brackets. My shaman is lv 78 right now and is elemental. Battlegrounds are essentially just globalling each other, which requires zero skill and can be done with 1 macro. Its fun at first but gets boring and tedious after a while since you know these people are 1/5th the player that you are but are still killing you with ease.

Deleted
    hehe low lvls being broken, thats really new :O ...not

Well I soloed RFC on my level 16 shammy, the game is fine and balanced.........

Also I was in WSG on him and there was a paladin who was immortal, I mean he went round 2 shotting everybody and healing himself to full with that instant heal..........

i agree, i was 1 shotting most people on my 38 rogue in wsg...

I out heal 3 dps'ers on my 69 elemental shaman, the shortest heal crit for 150% of my total life, my lava burst does more damage than my wrathful DK at 80 (on high resi opponents)

Deleted
    Oh god yes, low level BG's are so out of control atm.

I'm switching between my priest and warrior atm.

Priest: Heirlooms etc, I shield myself, and I'm fairly high in the levelbracket (27-28), rogue/feral druid pops out -> dead, or I have like 5-10% hp left.

Warrior: I just run around the place 2 shotting things like crazy, MS + HS, and then most of the time they are almost dead, no matter what or who it is.
    Even yesterday I killed like 4 people in a row in the moment that they weren't focusing me.
    (ofcourse as a warrior at that level (27-29) you can be easily CC'ed (since intercept comes much later now).

But the point is, damage is just way over the top in BG's, even more so then pre-4.0.1 heirloom people.

I am one of those Sub rogues, and I must admit I feel far too overpowered, sometimes to the point of not wanting to do BG's.. It's just too easy :/
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Blizzard balances around level 85 first, which makes sense. They'll get around to the low level twinks. You guys aren't exactly high on their priority list, just be patient.

Deleted
    I've been leveling my rogue, and yes, it's fun to shadow step and ambush low level noobs that enter.

Can't say it's its really balanced at lvl 80 either. Had a 5 min long fight at GM in AB where a paladin with ~relentless gear kept up 3-4 guys at the same time against the same amount of players. There was no chance in hell he was going oom for like a decade eiter. Only thing that managed to kill him was when his teammates fucked up and ran out of range to be killed.

Can't imagine how it is in lower levels.