most recent SWD nerf

So blizzard really out did themselves on this one SWD now hits for 2k and crits for 4k, in BiS gear.
    Amazing how you managed to bring SWD back to a place where it was worth using again in the rotation like in TBC,
    yes it was abit too op, a nerf was needed but seriously 75% base dmg?? This really has to be a joke.
    Just as we thought we were to play with SWD again we are shit upon.

just tested it. It now does about 200 more than a shadow word pain tick. for hte globalcooldown, a mind flay does more damage. Do not cast anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild ran ICC 25 last night on normal mode just for fun and to get everyone accustomed to their new rotations, etc. My average SWD hit versus bosses was 14,348 and the average crit was 27,319. I only used it in the "execute" phase of the fights, however. It's still a very serious ability and and (slightly) outweighs mind blast.

You're right in that it's damage is beyond pathetic and not worth casting...if the target is above 25% health. But it jumps back to 15k or so when the target is below 25% health.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
    My guild ran ICC 25 last night on normal mode just for fun and to get everyone accustomed to their new rotations, etc. My average SWD hit versus bosses was 14,348 and the average crit was 27,319. I only used it in the "execute" phase of the fights, however. It's still a very serious ability and and (slightly) outweighs mind blast.
    It's changed since then I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzoti View Post
    But it jumps back to 15k or so when the target is below 25% health.
    are you sure about this?

I just did a test on live with this. Here's a comparison of shadow word: death and pain ticks:

Shadow Word: Death

Shadow Word: Pain

Seems useless to me :S

Deleted
    meh , they made our finishing spell not worth useing as a finishing spell, NICE. But they are OK with hammer of wrath critting near the 20k mark without fail. I see...........

Quote Originally Posted by Epochries View Post
    are you sure about this?

I just did a test on live with this. Here's a comparison of shadow word: death and pain ticks:

Shadow Word: Death

Shadow Word: Pain

Seems useless to me :S
    Real simple. Go attack something. Knock it down to 25% health, and swd. It still does big damage. However, it's utterly useless to cast it if they're above that. I guess this is Blizzard' way to make priests not use it other than an execute.