Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena View Post
    I stopped reading at "PKMN black/white". Seriously? Are you braindead?

People said the same thing about TBC and WotLK being broken. It works out in the end. The game isn't over because pvp is unbalanced at the moment, ffs.
    WAIT?! You mean Warlocks and Hunters being stupidly overpowered in Patch 2.0.1 didn't transfer into TBC?! And Ret paladins being stupidly overpowered in Patch 3.0.2 didn't transfer into Wrath?!

Madness. Sheer madness.

You aren't allowed to make sense here.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account

People said the same thing about TBC and WotLK being broken. It works out in the end. The game isn't over because pvp is unbalanced at the moment, ffs.
    And you think only pvp is unbalanced.....bur
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    And you think only pvp is unbalanced.....bur
    They're both imbalanced. The game is no longer balanced around level 80 whether you like it or not.

The resilience hotfix buff was to balance the fact that healers sucked in PvP because you could 2-shot them faster than they could heal.

Now, resilience is too good and healers can now outheal the damage indefinitely. There is a middle-ground, and they'll find it eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Healers are gods because of the resilience hotfix, not any mechanics of healing.

Healers aren't even close to gods in Beta.
    Can´t say anything about the beta part but it really was the resilience chance that buffed healers like mad.
    You really could notice it from one day to the other. I only hope theyll not carry over that change to lvl 85 pvp otherwise I demand some manadrain poison for my rogue cause it will be all about drain teams again...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    How do you pull off stacking that much Resilience? Do you gem/enchant your gear for Resil?
    the resi cap is a t 1440 or smt like that so what ever he has on top of that is wasted. but i doubt he has that amount of resi and even if he did its not gonna give him more then 80% damage reduction, hes just trying to troll
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

This is a bunch of bs healers arent gods it just requires the other players to not be dumb, iv been doing bgs with the same guildies since bc and all it takes it proper usage of CCs and interrupts. You cant expect to solo them yes, but if you in a group and can't kill them the group is bad then.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

You should have read more. I said if you think the game is FINE, you should still play it and i ment pvers.

I was mainly talking about >PvP< on that post cause its the PVP forum gawdamnit.

It will never be balanced and Blizzard does awful job in PvP. The only semi balanced season we had was season 1. Pom pyro mages were the only really OP thingie in PvP that time.

Lets see whos braindead when i read the forums 3 months in to Cataclysm.

The PvP forum will be flooded with "Cataclysm fixed it!" "Omg pvp is so balanced" "Now PvP requires skillz"

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 06:39 AM ----------

They're both imbalanced. The game is no longer balanced around level 80 whether you like it or not.

The resilience hotfix buff was to balance the fact that healers sucked in PvP because you could 2-shot them faster than they could heal.

Now, resilience is too good and healers can now outheal the damage indefinitely. There is a middle-ground, and they'll find it eventually.
    I dont know how Blizzards thinking, i understand girls more than i understand American people.

"Lets experiment. Throw in resilience buff and everything will be fixed"

If they really cared, they could have made their own server wasting 5 minutes of their life inspecting what classes can do in PvP and what classes becomes OP. No they dont care about us at all.

Whats the next change? "Sire, they are complaining about resilience making healers far to OP!"
    "Ok, lets make resilience nerf their healing and oh buff MS back to 50%!"
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is how it should be,
    good heal < to a real good dps
    real good healer> good dps
    good healer> 2 bad dps
    real good healer= 3 bad dps

This is how it should be,I think they should scale healers down a tad but not much.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Escargon Gesu View Post
    "Ok, lets make resilience nerf their healing and oh buff MS back to 50%!"
    Don't give um ideas!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    This is how it should be,
    good heal < to a real good dps
    real good healer> good dps
    good healer> 2 bad dps
    real good healer= 3 bad dps

This is how it should be,I think they should scale healers down a tad but not much.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 06:42 AM ----------

Don't give um ideas!
    They should just nerf instant healing so we can interrupt them once again sigh.
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escargon Gesu View Post

The PvP forum will be flooded with "Cataclysm fixed it!" "Omg pvp is so balanced" "Now PvP requires skillz"
    If forums anywhere EVER universally stop complaining, my life will be complete.

My life is never going to be complete.

You think Season 1 was balanced? I bet the next 3 people who come into this thread will think Season 3 was the only balanced season. Then, 3 people after that will say PvP has NEVERBEENBALANCEDOMG.

It's just the way of things.

If forums anywhere EVER universally stop complaining, my life will be complete.

My life is never going to be complete.

You think Season 1 was balanced? I bet the next 3 people who come into this thread will think Season 3 was the only balanced season. Then, 3 people after that will say PvP has NEVERBEENBALANCEDOMG.

It's just the way of things.
    Oh man i remember season 3. Resto druids. RESTO DRUIDS! Travel form cyclone one HOT healing more than damage done.

And that thing with the PvP forum, just irony or whatever. That was for everyone who said that Cataclysm will fix it.

Ah well:x WoW is over for me but doesnt really mean that i hate Blizzard, they make lovely games, diablo 2 , starcraft 2 etc, but WoW.... =/ i wish it was vanilla once again. Not because of PvP but because of the social world WoW was once back in the time. Now all i see is "LFM ICC" and everyones a bunch of unsocial *.
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

Angry

I'm a holy pally in pvp and out. Previously, I wasn't really interested in PVP because of the imba with dps being able to solo me - the resilience buff has actually made it interesting.

Notice how it's only the DPS QQing over the resil change? Well face it, if you're having problems you're just bad. Did BGs all weekend, and you know what? Sometimes I died, sometimes I didn't.

A good two man team can kill me in short order, my heals aren't THAT good particularly if I'm chain silenced or stunned. I die.

On the other hand, DPS that just spam their attacks and never interrupt my casts, silence, or stun, I can tank from one end of WSG to the other.

Here's an example:

On one WSG, I was continually singled out, focused, and killed in short order by a shaman/hunter combo. They were coordinated, and I presented absolutely no challenge to them.

On another EOS, I tanked TWO demo locks and a shaman - even getting knocked off the bridge, and killed three felguards with exorcism while using about 60% of my mana. I dispell like crazy and use every ability of my class to stay alive and keep up effective healing on my team members. If you're going to kill me, you need to deal with that.

CLEANSE IS A CLASS MECHANIC!

Resilience buff isn't to nerf DPS unfairly, it's to bring DPS damage inline with where it should be. Your average player has ~25-30k health, and were getting crit by fire mages/warlocks/shadow priests and killed in one or two hits. That's not fair, that is target practice. Now, you might like it like that, makes farming honor easy, but QQing that Blizzard stopped it just makes you look like you don't know how to play your class and were being propped up and carried by the big numbers and broken mechanics.

What is the general theme here? Bad players is bad. You're just used to having things so easy you never had to learn how 2 play. Quit face rolling.

Healers have always been gods. You should be ashamed not noticing it until now.

When I come to think of it, you should give yourself a nice clap on the shoulder for not reading up on current events and create threads in utter ignorance. Stats and abilities are screwed up until the expansion, if you're gonna cry about it maybe it's time to play Pacman for a while.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    Healers have always been gods. You should be ashamed not noticing it until now.

When I come to think of it, you should give yourself a nice clap on the shoulder for not reading up on current events and create threads in utter ignorance. Stats and abilities are screwed up until the expansion, if you're gonna cry about it maybe it's time to play Pacman for a while.
    If a damage dealing class could solo a healer without any problem the balance of this game would be far more off. But it shouldn't be needed more then 2 damage dealing classes on a healer to get him down. Atm it can take 4 people to get a healer down. Keep in mind if all damage dealers gotta have a clue also.

As a resto druid I'll be the first to admit that healers have a pretty easy time at the moment. I've lost count of the warriors, rogues and hunter pets my thorns have killed because they were probably not watching their own life bar thinking that Thorns doesn't do as much dmg while they try their best to out dmg my hots.

But 2 things spring to mind. 1) Resilience buffed and 2) Arp is gone, Arms warriors, rogues, ferals and Dk's who used to stack arp in pve gear can no longer 1 shot everyone around them. Is the real QQ that healers are surviving longer and thus keeping team mates alive and making the fight last longer, or that overpowered classes in the past are no longer melting faces anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz View Post
    the resi cap is a t 1440 or smt like that so what ever he has on top of that is wasted. but i doubt he has that amount of resi and even if he did its not gonna give him more then 80% damage reduction, hes just trying to troll
    Source for the cap?

Because I have never seen a cap stated anywhere, and the more you get the more the tooltip in resilience goes up, does it stop?

that cap was for the crit reduction which has been removed. there is currently no cap on resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by iamftwlol View Post
    I really don't care about the lore, the mechanics, or even the bugs, honestly.... ....I don't normally make a habit of paying for something and not getting what I pay for. =/
    Well said. Youre going to catch A LOT of heat from those content to settle with the sub par.

As ive said before, people should not be scared to be critical, even when it is something they love.

As you may have noticed, I have to agree with you on this subject. It really rubs my bum(in a bad way) for every healer I face to actually stop healing and spam LoL.

Even my crappy paladin in my sig can do this. So, I can see the imbalance from both sides.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-10-19 at 12:51 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    WAIT?! You mean Warlocks and Hunters being stupidly overpowered in Patch 2.0.1 didn't transfer into TBC?!
    Hunters were far underpowered in TBC Arena PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
    that cap was for the crit reduction which has been removed. there is currently no cap on resilience.
    ^^ this is correct.

There was a cap on max crit % reduction at 30%, which was somewhere around 1400. The value of resilience beyond that point was diminished, as it only reduced damge. With the removal of the crit % reduction in 4.0.1, they dramatically increased the overall damage reduction provided by resilience, and with the latest buff it has been boosted once again.

Currently, it's about 23.6 resilience = 1%. Ridiculously high numbers are easily achievable. I'm not even 100% wrathful (relentless shoulders & gloves) and am using the 264 weapon, not the 277, and I sit at 1848 resilience providing a baseline 78.4% damage reduction. If I had the 277 staff and other two armor pieces at wrathful, that's another 46 resilience. Add on a lesser flask of toughness and now it's at 1944 resilience (I think that would be the highest achievable) for a base mitigation of 82.46%, which of course does not account for additional mitigation via talents, spell resist, and armor mitigation.

100% damage mitigation, the point where a player would be essentially immune to any damage, occurs at 2357 resilience - a point not achievable in the game.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic