Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CS has lower CD in Prot?

Why does Crusader Strike have a 3 second CD when i'm in prot spec and gear?
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

because it shares a CD with hammer of justice. they dont want prot pallys to be able to fill every GCD like the 696969 rotation of wotlk

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    because it shares a CD with hammer of justice. they dont want prot pallys to be able to fill every GCD like the 696969 rotation of wotlk
    Actually, that WAS the reason they changed it.

EJL

Its still not filling every rotation, but at least you're not spending the bulk of the fight waiting for CDs to finish.
    What was I supposed to do, call him for cheating better than me in front of the others?

I think the question was what talent lowers the cooldown of CS from 4.5 seconds to 3 seconds in prot?
    I can't find it either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    I think the question was what talent lowers the cooldown of CS from 4.5 seconds to 3 seconds in prot?
    I can't find it either.
    I think there is none, CD is reduced to 3sec right when you spec prot.

pretty sure it's when you get Hammer of the Righteous that the CS cooldown also changes, since they are linked in cooldowns.

I don't really see a reason to use CS while I'm tanking. Every time the CD is up for CS and the Hammer, I use the hammer. Am I doing it wrong? I just figure it's the best option and the Hammer has more to offer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Hammer does less damage than Crusader Strike on single targets.
    In fact, according to some feedbacks, the Holy portion of HoR seems to be hitting pretty hard with a caster weapon, thus making it better than CS.

They mainly did it because Paladins weren't getting Holy Power fast enough since we only had two attacks in which to get it, and they shared a CD. Also we would have had too much down time, and in fact still do, but its getting better.

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

You're able to fill every GCD with something with the 393 rotation of a Crusader Strike and one filler every GCD, either Avenger's Shield, or Holy Wrath, or Consecrate, or Shield when you're at 3 Holy Power.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Holy Power I'm guessing.

Also, Ret have the "Haste lowers CS cooldown" talent, so the difference won't be that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    You're able to fill every GCD with something with the 393 rotation of a Crusader Strike and one filler every GCD, either Avenger's Shield, or Holy Wrath, or Consecrate, or Shield when you're at 3 Holy Power.
    Yeah this is true, though don't forget judging as it's important. However paladin rotation is much more reaction-y now. There's procs and sometimes it does go dead for 1GCD every 30 seconds or so. I tried it out, seemed more fun to me.

If your tanking with a caster weapon, your doing it wrong. (regardless of what the numbers say)
    Agreed. Even IF the spellpower weapon made your HotR hit a LITTLE bit harder your everything else would hit for less, especially your shield slam that hits for 120% attack power. Throw in "Touched by the Light" and no one should even consider a caster weapon.
    *HINT: That means you want str/attack power WAY more than spell power*
    Last edited by Galith; 2010-10-16 at 05:20 PM.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Hammer does less damage than Crusader Strike on single targets.
    I understand that, that's why I said tanking. Other then boss fights, I am always smashing on multiple targets. Hence, I feel as if it's a waste using it because I could be using HotR which I have glyphed & will hit multiples which is obviously ideal for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    I understand that, that's why I said tanking. Other then boss fights, I am always smashing on multiple targets. Hence, I feel as if it's a waste using it because I could be using HotR which I have glyphed & will hit multiples which is obviously ideal for tanking.
    Use Hammer of the Righteous on AoE pulls
    Use Crusader Strike on single target pulls
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Use Hammer of the Righteous on AoE pulls
    Use Crusader Strike on single target pulls
    Great, I am doing it right then. Thank you sir.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    There's a worrying implication that you don't consider what you do in boss fights to be tanking... Tanking is the act of keeping aggro on all available targets, regardless of number; you don't suddenly switch to being classed as DPS just because the number of enemies to hit is one.

Deleted
    Im finding HOTR hits harder than CS even on single targets, maybe due to 2p T10