Starting PVP shadow priest, need help.

I leave my shadow priest alt long time ago with some t7/t8 crap. Never pvp with him (dont have pvp gear). And now Im really bored with my raiding main so I decide to play some PVP on my SP (mostly BG, dont have enough experience for arena). But I really dont know how to start.

How should look build for PVP (and what glyphs should be used)? How much resilience should I have? What should I gem? And what gear should I buy first?

I hope someone can help me with this.

around 1000 Resil will get you off to a good start.

You can either grab a full set of Relentless by running bgs, or by doing randoms, now that Justice Points are in the game.

Haste used to be a pretty godly stat in pvp, but now it seems to be more about crit because of SW and Paralysis.

The Glyphs are pretty obvious. Go for survival above all else, since that seems to be one of our downfalls a lot of the time. Things like Glyph of Psychic Horror are important.

You'll learn tricks as you go, but starting to PVP as a Shadow Priest is tough. In the beginning you'll feel like everyone is out to get you, and that's because it's true. It's not because you're an easy target though, it's because Shadow Priests can be a deadly class. I've seen good spriests better then me clear out group of 3 people guarding an AB flag like it was nobody's business.

Edit: If you seriously want to do BG pvp, you might think about leveling up Engineering. You can stack the self enchants with the main enchants now, and being able to disperse and rocket boot out of harm's way can mean the difference between a defending a node, and you waiting at the grave yard to rez.
    Last edited by Direshadow; 2010-10-16 at 01:18 PM.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

This build is good?

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#bcZZG...dzfo:RksoVkzV0

And how much spell penetration I need (if I need)?

isnt there a stciky for this?

Maybe check before post useless "info"?