Deleted

battle.net account locked

Ey, whenever my friend tries to login onto my account my account gets locked and I get this mail:

Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Secure Your Computer

In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.

Step 2: Secure Your E-mail Account

After you have secured your computer, please create a new password for your e-mail account since it may also be compromised. Be sure to check your e-mail filters and rules and look for any e-mail forwarding rules that you did not create. For more information on securing your e-mail account, visit this Support page.

Step 3: Choose a New Password

You must change your password in order to resume using this Battle.net account. Please click this link to choose a new password:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Note that your former password no longer grants access to Battle.net account management, World of Warcraft, or any other login-protected Battle.net account service.

If you still have questions or concerns after following the steps above, feel free to contact Customer Support at http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=22330.

Sincerely,
    The Battle.net Account Team
    Online Privacy Policy
    Then I have to change my pass again and now my friend cannot log on..
    This happened twice now, and it never used to happen before.. Nothing is being stolen or anything..

Anyone knows how to fix it? Or are they just being more strict on account sharing or something?

You cannot share accounts with friends. It is against the Terms of Use.

It's normal, because Blizz don't wants excessive account-sharing or the possiblity of an account-hack. But it's no bann, get a new password and login.
    Last edited by Lori; 2010-10-16 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    You cannot share accounts with friends. It is against the Terms of Use.
    I'd rate account sharing on the same level of seriousface as jaywalking.

OT: Still, rules are rules. However, that makes me wonder... You are allowed to share the account with your child, there's no option to turn it on or off I suppose so how would they prevent this from happening in such cases?

This is a scam mail, tell him that instead of giving him lectures.

I still find it strange why your account would get locked though...
    Edit: I share account with 3+ different persons(theirs, not mine) so I speak from experience when I say that Blizzard themself won't send these kind of E-mails.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2010-10-16 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post

Edit: I share account with 3+ different persons(theirs, not mine) so I speak from experience when I say that Blizzard themself won't send these kind of E-mails.
    They did when I got hacked. (Yes, I checked the header) [/anecdotalevidence]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post

I still find it strange why your account would get locked though...
    Nah i recognize scam mails and I was unable to log on when I got the mail so. Referrals, links everything is going to battle.net