Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aspect of the Hawk nerfed AGAIN??

Ok so read somewhere that Aspect of the hawk was not buffed to the same level as aspect of the dragon hawk by "Accident". AoTH still gave 260 odd AP.

But since the servers just came back up I moused over it to make sure I had those new beginner tooltips turned off and this is what im met with:

AoTH: Increases ranged Attack Power by 180.

WTF?

I wouldn't get all huffed and puffed about this, they are still trying to balance classes but hunter dps seemed rather low so im not really sure what is going on
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    A whine thread about class changes on live servers that has nothing to do with how it's going to be in the future but only exist cause blizzard is trying to balance out the classes as much as possible on live servers so nobody complains about their DPS being lower than others AGAIN???

Long sentence is long.

Exactly which is why im so confused as to why they nerfed something taht would provide a slight increase.

Before the servers went down it was displaying at around 260 in my MM spec. After the patch its 180.

Deleted
    "Spell Changes
    A lot of these changes are most likely the hotfixes we saw on live servers. They probably do not reflect how Blizzard wants to build classes at 85 and I will punch you in the face if you whine about it on forums. Seriously, I will.

If you look at it closely, most of these changes are just proper documentation of the changes announced on live servers earlier this week."

Obey Bibi or you're screwed

Deleted
    Im a Hunter, and seriously, 80 ap more or less? Myeh, couldnt really care less tbh.

*braces for the face punch*

Its not really tweaking if they reduce a DPS providing skill to balance out already low DPS is it?

I understand we supposedly scale well from 81-85, thats all well and good. But it would of been nice to be on par with other classes until the expansion is released in 2 months *shrug* /rant

Edit: Mods feel free to delete this thread if you think its a "whine" thread but i meant it more as a wow my mind is boggled type *shrug again*
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2010-10-16 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    A whine thread about class changes on live servers that has nothing to do with how it's going to be in the future but only exist cause blizzard is trying to balance out the classes as much as possible on live servers so nobody complains about their DPS being lower than others AGAIN???
    Well mate, that's not possible.
    This is not the first patch blizzard releases, and its the most unbalanced, unstable, and bugged patch ever released.
    We r not paying WoW time to help blizzard balance their game, we pay because they offer the best gaming experience as they say.
    These days after the patch, i was so disappointed, that i m ready to quit playing.
    No dmg, bugs, no dmg floating text for many ppl, crappy aoe - almost none, DCs all the time, Crushes,
    You cant pvp as a hunter anymore. You have to wait 2-3 months until you reach lvl 83 and get Aspect of the Fox. Oh, i forgot, there is always
    the beast master spec, right? No! Cause your pets die in 3 secs, there is no resi anymore for them.
    They drop ammunition right? The engi arrows was adding 92,5 dmg, so blizzard had to add dmg to your ranged weapons. But they added 20-30 dmg
    and i cant see anything else that may balance this up atm.
    They changed the armor penetration gems to crit, and etc, well, good job guys, the JCs got richer by thousands of gold in just 1 day. They were selling the gems 3-4 times higher than one day before, and of course ppl bought everything.
    Blizzard released wotlk 2 years ago, if they wasn't ready for this patch and the expansion after 2 years, they could just wait a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimijin View Post
    Well mate, that's not possible.
    This is not the first patch blizzard releases, and its the most unbalanced, unstable, and bugged patch ever released.
    We r not paying WoW time to help blizzard balance their game, we pay because they offer the best gaming experience as they say.
    These days after the patch, i was so disappointed, that i m ready to quit playing.
    No dmg, bugs, no dmg floating text for many ppl, crappy aoe - almost none, DCs all the time, Crushes,
    You cant pvp as a hunter anymore. You have to wait 2-3 months until you reach lvl 83 and get Aspect of the Fox. Oh, i forgot, there is always
    the beast master spec, right? No! Cause your pets die in 3 secs, there is no resi anymore for them.
    They drop ammunition right? The engi arrows was adding 92,5 dmg, so blizzard had to add dmg to your ranged weapons. But they added 20-30 dmg
    and i cant see anything else that may balance this up atm.
    They changed the armor penetration gems to crit, and etc, well, good job guys, the JCs got richer by thousands of gold in just 1 day. They were selling the gems 3-4 times higher than one day before, and of course ppl bought everything.
    Blizzard released wotlk 2 years ago, if they wasn't ready for this patch and the expansion after 2 years, they could just wait a bit longer.
    I heard hitting the spacebar = win?

10+ Year Old Account
    As always we're the only class we got nerfed...fuck sake,shity aoe abilities also.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

The most bugged, unbalanced, unstable patch released? Not by a long shot. In fact the only issue I've had was a client crash that was happening in Oc the first day and was gone the next. Apart from that this patch has actually gone relatively smoothly considering it's also the largest patch they've ever sent out. There are bugs, to be sure, but some of you people are definitely overstating it.

Also, please, enough QQ about Hunter AoE ability. So we can't inflate our Recount score in 5-mans for a month and a half. Get over it. AoE is going to be next to worthless in Cata when CC is of much more importance. And if you spec SV the AoE is actually pretty damned decent when you add in the instant Serpent damage and Spread Serpent talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilancio View Post
    As always we're the only class we got nerfed...fuck sake,shity aoe abilities also.
    You, um, must not have a mage, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop your fkn crying seriously, dps wise, hunters are in a VERY good spot compared to Warriors and Rets right now. No doubt both of the forementioned classeswill be changed before 85, but seriously, enough QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilancio View Post
    Lol seriously? Us Hutners got off pretty easy as far as nerfs. Some melee classes were nerfed so badly when the patch hit Live servers that people refused to take them to raids. There was even a big long thread on the official forums talking about some guild that made every Warrior and Ret Paladin bring an alt or else they lost their raid spot to a sub because they were doing half the DPS everyone else was.

For the AoE, we are not suppoed to be spamming AoE any more. Spamming a single ability just so you can see big numbers on your meters is in no way a measure of how good a class is. Our guild actually doesn't allow people to run Recount or Skada except for the raid leaders so they can monitor the raid. You're there to fill a role and kill things, not stare at your meters and stroke your epeen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Lol seriously? Us Hutners got off pretty easy as far as nerfs. Some melee classes were nerfed so badly when the patch hit Live servers that people refused to take them to raids. There was even a big long thread on the official forums talking about some guild that made every Warrior and Ret Paladin bring an alt or else they lost their raid spot to a sub because they were doing half the DPS everyone else was.

For the AoE, we are not suppoed to be spamming AoE any more. Spamming a single ability just so you can see big numbers on your meters is in no way a measure of how good a class is. Our guild actually doesn't allow people to run Recount or Skada except for the raid leaders so they can monitor the raid. You're there to fill a role and kill things, not stare at your meters and stroke your epeen.
    1)Oh yeah? Guess what, paladins can tank and heal too, warrior can tank insted of dps.
    But we can only be useful as a damn dps class. If there is no dps, whats the point?

2)Of course we need aoe dude. THERE IS NO CATA YET! Get used to it! you gonna play wotlk for the next 1,5 months! You gonna pay that time just because things ll be better after this time? And you know very well that aoe right now is not about numbers, is about fast hcs and raid runs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Our guild actually doesn't allow people to run Recount or Skada except for the raid leaders so they can monitor the raid. You're there to fill a role and kill things, not stare at your meters and stroke your epeen.
    probably because your guildies don't know anything about using a damage meter, if so, your guild did a good job

@chasedemons: didn't they need a nerf? most of times hunters got nerfed for a 2-3% DPS difference on spreadsheets (in 1 or 2 weeks) while warriors got the 85% of top DPS charts before 4.0 (and mages/boomkins now by something around 20-30% over most of other classes)

I wouldn't worry so much about this, they always fuck something up, be really worried when they take the time to test throughly, that day they will own your soul.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimijin View Post
    Get used to it!
    Take your own advice, get used to not having Volley. Make some new boss strats that don't involve brainless AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    Take your own advice, get used to not having Volley. Make some new boss strats that don't involve brainless AoE.
    Which hunter seriously does aoe on bosses? Until now, I've never seen someone do brainless aoe on anything but trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO NOT EIGHTY ATTACK POWER THE CLASS IS RUINED FOR ALL TIME

*sighs*
    Last edited by Milanor; 2010-10-17 at 02:17 AM. Reason: caps

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.