Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Rake: Rake the target for [56 + 14.7% 2.07% of AP] Bleed damage and an additional [168 + 44.1% 37.8% of AP] Bleed damage over 9 sec. Awards 1 combo point."

If I'm reading the front page correctly, they are increasing rakes damage by a pretty decent amount...the notes are unfiltered atm though.
    Last edited by Buwwy; 2011-10-13 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    I dont believe its real, the number is just too high to be true. But i hope it is so we can have again mastery builds. I just hate haste to be our best stat

P.S. It seems to be true, now expecting huge pvp QQ wave how the ferals kill ppl while dead again
    Last edited by mmocbe32c89b1a; 2011-10-13 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/108566/t
    Tiger's Fury Enrage
    Your next Ravage can be used without requiring stealth or proper positioning, and costs 100% less energy.
    10 seconds remaining

This seems to be the buff you get from 4T13, so it's separate from the one you get from Feral Charge.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-10-14 at 08:38 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the changes listed for rake are just tooltip corrections for when they hotfixed in the change to the initial tick of rake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira2169 View Post
    I believe that the changes listed for rake are just tooltip corrections for when they hotfixed in the change to the initial tick of rake.
    Something like that, yes. They can't really buff Rake imo (wouldn't complain if they made us even better tho :P)

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed I would love if we could get some tuning buffs but we all know that won't happen because we're already in a "contentious" position when pvp is mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rake is already doing almost as much damage as rip. It takes 1gcd to apply and reapply rake and it takes huge amount of time and energy to apply rip. Also you never know how lucky you will be with crits so you can't safely predict amount of time you need to apply or reapply rip.

Imo, rake should do half of the rip's damage - so rip damage should be increased and rake damage - decreased. It would be really strange to buff it instead.

And I really hate changes that buff cats in pvp. Because EVERY pvp player hates cats. And if cat will be even nearly OP in pvp, it will be instant nerfed because of huge wines caused by all of that cat haters. And as usual pve cats will suffer most from these changes.

Deleted
    According to the notes its not "buffed" only the initial direct damage, but the damage over time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    And if cat will be even nearly a viable threat in pvp, it will be instant nerfed [...]
    fixed......
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-10-14 at 11:37 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingftw View Post
    According to the notes its not "buffed" only the initial direct damage, but the damage over time too.
    "Old":
    Initial- 56+2.07%
    Tick - 56+12.6%

"New":
    Initial- 56+14.7%
    Tick - 56+14.7%

(Just divide the damage over 9 seconds by three).

I'm pretty sure you'd all agree that currently the initial damage deals the same amount as a tick. So the "old" damage cannot possibly be how it is now. It is just a tooltip fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    "Old":
    Initial- 56+2.07%
    Tick - 56+12.6%

"New":
    Initial- 56+14.7%
    Tick - 56+14.7%

(Just divide the damage over 9 seconds by three).

I'm pretty sure you'd all agree that currently the initial damage deals the same amount as a tick. So the "old" damage cannot possibly be how it is now. It is just a tooltip fix.
    datamined patch notes:Now scales from 44.1% of Attack Power on the additional bleed damage, up from 37.8%.

I was talking about this part..

Deleted
    44.1 / 3 = 14.7
    37.8 / 3 = 12.6

*gasp*

From 4.2 patch notes:

Rake initial damage on hit now deals the same damage as each periodic tick (and is treated the same for all combat calculations). Periodic damage now gains 14.7% of attack power per tick, up from 12.6%, and base damage per tick has been lowered from 557 to 56. There is a known issue with Rake's tooltip being incorrect from this change will be corrected in a future patch.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 04:14 PM ----------

There was such issue before on WoL. You had just use few bear abilities to get ranked as bear.

Now it works really simple:
    They count amount of cat abilities and bear abiltities, i.e. mangle(cat), rip, shred, swipe(cat) vs mangle(bear), maul, swipe(bear). If there is more cat abilities than bear abilities, you will be ranked as cat.
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...age=1#p-731330

orly..

I got ranked as bear when halfway the fight the tank went down and i did this:
    [22:21:49.561] Mihir casts Bear Form
    [22:21:51.049] Mihir casts Demoralizing Roar
    [22:21:52.858] Mihir casts Mangle on Occu'thar
    [22:21:54.870] Mihir casts Cat Form

10+ Year Old Account
    Like this thread, keeping it under my subscription for future references.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    44.1 / 3 = 14.7
    37.8 / 3 = 12.6

*gasp*

From 4.2 patch notes:

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 04:14 PM ----------

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...age=1#p-731330

orly..

I missed that somehow:P

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    omfg you tanked Occu'thar (albeit demo'ed) as Cat? :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one said that it works perfectly
    In this case it counted number of cat mangles vs bear mangles.

No one said that it works perfectly
    In this case it counted number of cat mangles vs bear mangles.
    If it doesn't work consistently there is no reason to implement some script to determine if the person who was a bear for five seconds is really a bear or just a cat.

There are more things to base that decision on than the amount of cat/bear mangles you did (how much maul/lacerate damage, how much rip/rake/shred damage, how many times was TF popped, etc.). If it is based solely on the number of cat/bear mangles, it is a horribly written script.

Deleted
    I've been logged as a cat on a fight with Occu'thar, even as I've been a bear. I think there's something wrong with the script, or they changed it several times during the last few weeks. In fact there must have been some changes.

Personally, I would compare bear / cat form uptimes. You can't be considered a cat if you spend 40%+ time in bear form.

Check the top 30 bear logs for heroic Baelroc. 90% of them have 90% of their damage as cat. It is just bugged, but what can you do?

To be fair, pretty much any sane raid (unless you're double bear tanking or your bear hasn't a clue) will either 1-tank it or have their bear deci. soak. You barely ever need to be in bear for decimation, when I was doing it I was only in bear until the first blade, then for the first decimation blade because my health wasn't high enough yet to tank 'em in cat. From then on it was just cat and a brief stint in bear to taunt for the blade.
    It might have been different on heroic because shards spawning on me would be a bit bigger of a deal, so I'd stay in bear for d-blade, but you barely need to be in bear while tanking baleroc.
    Now anyone in those logs taking no d-blade/melee damage and only going bear for torment soaking is a bug, but just about any ranking bear, who IS bear specced and IS still tanking, will spend the majority of the fight as a cat.

I personally bounce between cat and bear all the time for fights like rhyo (when we 2-tanked it, on normal), occu'thar, and bale (when we 2-tanked it), despite remaining bear specced for them. I've just kinda stopped caring about it.