Quote Originally Posted by MaxFax View Post
    On the first page of the guide Mihir says that w/o 4pt12 hit and exp are the lowest weight stats and mastery is the highest. Currently im in 4pt13 and running simcraft im getting this results :
    Exp: 1.8253
    Hit: 1.8188
    Haste : 1.6429
    Crit: 1.6164
    Mastery: 1.5853
    Am i doing something wrong with my calcs?
    Have you tried running your profile through Mew to see what you get from there?

thanks for fast reply but on Mew somehow i cant see stats weight
    also my armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Maxfax/advanced

There is an option called "Generate relative stat weights" I believe. You may not have that turned on.
    Last edited by Velorian; 2011-12-27 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks for the tip Velorian, so here goes Mew stats weights:
    HasteRating=1,50142
    CritRating=1,22357
    MasteryRating=1,20353
    HitRating=1,18311
    ExpertiseRating=1,17851
    Kinda different, im still confused, Rawr tells me to screw hit/exp caps and to go fully on haste/mastery.

It's based on your playstyle/skill. Optimal dps says less hit/expertise but that's on a standstill fight. There are enough add swapping and aoe requirements that going hit/expertise cap or very close to isn't out of the question. It smooths out our priority. And the dps loss is theorical. You might see a dps increase simply because of your ability or response time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFax View Post
    Thanks for the tip Velorian, so here goes Mew stats weights:
    HasteRating=1,50142
    CritRating=1,22357
    MasteryRating=1,20353
    HitRating=1,18311
    ExpertiseRating=1,17851
    Kinda different, im still confused, Rawr tells me to screw hit/exp caps and to go fully on haste/mastery.
    Hmm.. Haste seems rather high. You probably should set duration randomization to 20%, which we should probably put it as the default.

In any case, cat stat values are generally all very close to each other, you will do fine without any reforging at all except to remain under the hit and expertise cap.

Great that you are doing that, im sure a lot of us will finde a whole bunch of usefull information in this guide.
    Looking forward to all the information you will prowide the feral cat community

Last edited by Jona52; 2011-12-27 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buwwy View Post
    If this is the case that's my bad. I could have sworn I read way back in this thread (around 4.1?) that the DPE of Rip was higher than that of SR and therefore it was better to get Rip up and ticking first.
    You noticed the SR buff in 4.2?

Another reason Hit/Exp should be valued highly is Vial of Shadows, our BIS trinket, which it's attacks can be dodged, parried, blocked, etc. Thing crits for upwards of 100k with a 25second ICD, that combined with target swapping, and fights that require swiping, Hit/Exp caps are just a no brainer. Haste>Hit/Exp>Mastery>Crit is what I've run with. Same as last tier.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    You noticed the SR buff in 4.2?
    Yeah, I did. However the DPE of Rip IS higher than that of SR, My mistake was that off the bat you get the full benefit of SR with 1-2 CP as oppose to Rips necessary 5 CPs for full value.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Another reason Hit/Exp should be valued highly is Vial of Shadows, our BIS trinket, which it's attacks can be dodged, parried, blocked, etc. Thing crits for upwards of 100k with a 25second ICD, that combined with target swapping, and fights that require swiping, Hit/Exp caps are just a no brainer. Haste>Hit/Exp>Mastery>Crit is what I've run with. Same as last tier.
    I thought Blizzard fixed Vial dodge/parry problems 1-2 weeks ago . that atleast what hunters in my guild said .

They might have, I'll be the first to admit I haven't been reading up on WoW/This Patch/Druids as much as I should. Planning to go casual when this tier's over so I'm slacking a bit. If they did, then that's certainly a quality of life change, and Hit/Exp would only really gain value on fights with adds. Either way, I personally love having them capped and don't find it to be a detriment to my DPS. But to each his own.

That makes me somewhat sad Smokey. Too many left/main swapped/went casual when this expac came out. I hate to think there less competitive ferals at the higher levels of progression =\

But why bring a feral when a rogue/Mage/warrior can do so much more. Be the day, outside of Paragon, guilds stack Druids.

Totally bragging about my own accomplishment: http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ral-Cat_Druid/

#1 on Morchok, I had a pretty nice attempt, I'm happy with it.

Mainly cat is brought in for the 5% crit and mangle if they got no bears and/or anybody else to provide those buffs. Ya the competitiveness of feral is a lot less vs other pure dps class but its still fun to compete in dps. However, it sucks when they mix up bear/cat dps because a cat went bear for the last 5% of the boss fight when the tank died or something of that similar nature.

Nice #1 rank

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    You go boy! Show Mihir who's the boss!
    Mihir kicked my butt on bleed up time, but I managed to get #2 on Zon'ozz so I think all in all it was an eventful night. Til I wake up tomorrow and someone's stolen my joy by knocking me down a few spots.

Quote Originally Posted by hongzao View Post
    I can't get my head around why the Ferocious Bite glyph is bad. It allows for more FBs in the rotation. Would you mind showing some math on it? Or even just a decent explanation?
    Its not bad at all. Pretty useless, but not bad
    And its not like you are losing something by taking it. You should definitely take Feral Charge and Rebirth glyphs, but last one is up to you. And there is not many glyphs to choose from
    You will get something like 150k self heal from FB glyph. Not much, but better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hongzao View Post
    I can't get my head around why the Ferocious Bite glyph is bad. It allows for more FBs in the rotation. Would you mind showing some math on it? Or even just a decent explanation?
    I don't know how http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/48720/g...rocious-bite/? actually increases the amount of FBs. Did you mean http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/40901/g...bloodletting/??

I prefer the glyph of FF to FB. Though it really doesn't matter since if you're in 30 yards to FF, you'll soon be within 25 yards to leap. I've just never needed the healing from FB and always enjoyed having a 40 yard pulling utility.