Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    DPS wise it didn't change much. The proc damage got reduced by 66% but the internal cooldown got decreased by 66% as well. It's just less bursty now.
    But the time-to-proc is still the same which means an ICD reduction is also a damage reduction.

Anyways, I did some trinket sims earlier regarding the PvP trinkets in 5.0.4 and I cleaned it up so it's more presentable (click for the actual report):

• Other than trinkets, the SimC BiS profile is used.
    • Trinkets were tested individually (the other trinket slot is empty)
    • The PvP trinkets (_504) are simmed using stats that those items have in patch 5.0.4 and are subject to change. Furthermore, the result isn't necessarily accurate because by then we'll have new talents/glyphs/etc.
    • As a disclaimer, SimulationCraft probably isn't as accurate as some other options for ferals (Mew), but should be plenty accurate enough for this sort of sim.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-07-25 at 12:02 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4032?page=2#40

Show your support by posting here so we might get some blue response and necessary changes.

Deleted
    Playing without Soul of the Forest is one of the more diffcult things I have done.

Gotta love that 4.9% haste and -30% crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynek View Post
    Playing without Soul of the Forest is one of the more diffcult things I have done.

Gotta love that 4.9% haste and -30% crit.
    -30% crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    -30% crit?
    Feels like it.

But this won't be a problem once MoP is released and we have proper enchants, gems and gear (we'll be more than fine with blue heroic dungeon gear due to SotF being redoncolous good).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynek View Post
    Feels like it.

But this won't be a problem once MoP is released and we have proper enchants, gems and gear (we'll be more than fine with blue heroic dungeon gear due to SotF being redoncolous good).
    our crits always low at the start and then up to like 60% by the end.

Deleted
    Playing feral is awesome and they should just let us be as we are now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    An update for you guys reading this guide: I'm rerolling to monk in MoP and as such will not be writing a new feral guide (maybe after I'm done with my monk guide ) So if anyone wants to take over feel free to make a new topic with your MoP guide.
    Genuinely disappointed that you won't be doing the guide for MoP. your Cata guide and comments from others in this thread have been incredibly useful the past 18 months or so. Have fun with the Monk!

Deleted
    anyone got any decent sim results with the new buff to the pvp trinket? is it bis for us now?

Buff? I don't check PvP updates, but wasn't the Resilience/PvP Power overhaul intended to make PvP gear BS (no i) for PvE and vice versa?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    anyone got any decent sim results with the new buff to the pvp trinket? is it bis for us now?
    Highly doubtful, I found out that it was a 55 second internal (was modelling it as 45) which will probably make it better than normal mode trinkets, but that's about it. The use one can be quite good if you need a use trinket, though.

Edit: Well, it turned out I was completely wrong.

Two disclaimers here, so take this information with a (large) grain of salt!:
    The single-trinket comparisons are done with only 1 trinket equipped, this does decrease the potential accuracy of the results.
    The rotation used is a simple, but technically suboptimal rotation, for the purpose of not having to modify it to work with every trinket.

Single trinket comparison (click for report):

Dual trinket comparison (click for report):

So basically confirms what I had posted in my last post, despite the cooldown being longer than I thought it was.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-09-01 at 02:15 AM.

Deleted
    Shame to see vial fall so low...i spent all my dkp on that! haha

Deleted
    Didn't they remove the base agility on pvp trinkets? or did they only do that to the season 12 ones.

They only did that to the season 12 ones =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to put Shred and Mangle in to one smart macro which would use Mangle only if Shred is unavailable coz of location but not energy lacking?
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    No, that's not possible. Macros cannot see if a spell is usable or not.

It's possible to do something like:

/cast [mod:ctrl]Mangle; Shred

to make it use mangle when you press Ctrl, and otherwise shred, but the macro cannot decide on it's own what to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. Mihir... you went Maelstrom? Wth happened?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He joined a new guild to play as a monk :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Bit offtopic, but since this topic is no long relevant anyway:

My guild Crab People was close to dieing in december/januari, and the only other Talnivarr 25H guild, Numen, as well, so we decided to try and merge the guilds. Merge went reasonably well and we cleared / farmed DS HC, but after D3 came out we lost a number of core members, and eventually the few ppl still holding it together decided to look for something better, which turned out to be ScrubBusters / Inner Sanctum / Balance. I followed the ppl that went to ScrubBusters. Since ScrubBusters was looking for Monks and not Ferals, I decided to switch to Monk (tho my Feral will still be my primary alt).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-09-12 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I came back here a wee bit late.

Was just surprised because that's the server I used to play on. That and last I knew Crab was doing well still.