Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Also thanks Nathanyel for pointing out how to post the links.
    Don't copy URLs like normal text, though :P In this case, the displayed text from the link above was shortened by this forum
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Is it a already known fact that the 20 first points of Agility gives 1AP per point of Agility in Cat Form? I have never read anything about this anywhere before, but I am experimenting around in-game right now and found this to be the case.

It's probably not the Agility, but a negative base value for AP.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Could you provide source?

Edit: After further thinking, scratch the request. I recall seing a picture from beta on EJ. The non-geared, non-talented and non-buffed AP was 182. With the base Strength being 101, the base AP would be -20. What I cannot figure out, though, is why my non-geared, non-talented and non-buffed AP is 437, rather than 182.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2011-01-05 at 01:16 PM.

I was wondering how the tailoring profession would fair against the other professions.
    Tailoring gives the http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/75178/s...rd-embroidery/ which is a 1000AP proc with a 25% proc chance and a 45sec icd (some comments may say otherwise but 45sec is the correct cd).
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

15+ Year Old Account
    well if we take away the proc% and say it is a 15 sec buff on a 45sec cooldown

that means it will have an uptime of... 1/3 (33%) assuming the cooldown start counting as soon as it proc and not after the proc is finished

so effectivly you can say you only get 33% of that 1000 Ap that means you get 333 AP, using the BiS stat values this willl result in the following.
    333 * 1.21 = 402.93 dps
    and 80 agi gives
    80 * 3.31 = 264.8 dps
    and LW'ing 130 agi - 65 crit
    130 * 3.31 = 430.3 - (65 * 1.04 = 67.6) = 362.7 dps

so it does seem to win but if the cooldown would start counting after the proc is finished then it will have an uptime of 1/4 (25%)
    so you get 250 AP out of it witch means the following
    250 * 1.21 = 302.5 dps

so if it has a 25% uptime it will be better then the 80 or 81 agility but still less then LW enchant, but at 33% uptime it will be best it seems
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The cd starts counting when the moment it procs so 33% seems to be the correct value but of course it won't instantly proc after the cd runs out.
    But I think that if you see it proc it would be a good time to maybe override your current rip of rake if they are already getting close to running out to get more out of the proc.

edit:
    Took a some time to look at some numbers myself.
    The 33% uptime will not be possible to obtain but 30% I think will be so that's 300AP on average.
    The normal cloak enchant is 65crit (very expensive at 5 mealstrom crystals).
    So it would be 300 * 1.21- 65 * 1.04 = 295.4 dps.
    That would make it the same as about 89 agility.

But it you could refresh bleeds during that time it might be worth a lot more. If you time it right you can apply 2 rakes and a rip in the 15sec window with the full 1000AP benefit.
    Last edited by Radak; 2011-01-05 at 03:30 PM.
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

For people who have used Feral By Night in the past you might want to take a look at my addon Phlebotomiser on curse. It is a super light weight buff/debuff monitor and move suggester inspired by FBN. I am working on some more customization to help people tune things they way they like.

Deleted
    very good guide! Best i ever read!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    The normal cloak enchant is 65crit (very expensive at 5 mealstrom crystals).
    good point i completely forgot to substract the crit (altho guide stats +22 ag iis best claok enchant atm)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

you can should reforge to
    Great guide. I still wish people would use wowpedia for this kind of stuff so it doesn't depend on one single person always keeping it updated. Duplication of efforts, imo. In other news I'm glad I don't PVE anymore, they just seem to add more gear concerns to the same gear slot every expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very excellent thread! Even as an experienced cat, I learned a few things from this guide that I didn't realize. One thing that I would add to the guide is the various races available. I would go over the advantages of each race(Trolls/Worgen being best depending on side)

no in depth about primal madness? :S

or hit for aus players.

Also the trinkets seem outdated. seems mostly ripped off yawnings post, was really looking for new info. *sad face*

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    good point i completely forgot to substract the crit (altho guide stats +22 ag iis best claok enchant atm)
    That would make it 300 * 1.21 - 22 * 3.31 = 290.18 dps
    That equal to 87.7 agility making it still better then any other profession other then leatherworking.
    And when counting the possibility to time the use of rake and rip when it procs might rate it even higher. But probably will never surpass LW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ez100 View Post
    no in depth about primal madness? :S

or hit for aus players.

Also the trinkets seem outdated. seems mostly ripped off yawnings post, was really looking for new info. *sad face*
    I can make a photo of my calculation sheet if you want :P Tho since we ended up with close to the same list, it probably is in the right order

Quote Originally Posted by Marloss View Post
    I recall seing a picture from beta on EJ. The non-geared, non-talented and non-buffed AP was 182. With the base Strength being 101, the base AP would be -20. What I cannot figure out, though, is why my non-geared, non-talented and non-buffed AP is 437, rather than 182.
    Anyone knows where the 255 excess AP comes from?

I was just wondering that shouldnt

http://www.wowhead.com/item=67135/mo...waywalker-wrap

be on the bis list as it has the optimal stats for a cat mastery/crit and 2 sockets.

Mihir, is there a certain point where clipping a non-TF rake with a TF rake becomes a DPS loss? For example, is it still a dps gain to clip a fresh non-TF rake with a TF rake? Or does it only become a gain with say, 6 seconds left on a non TF rake?

Deleted
    Best point would be just after the old rake ticks.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    I was just wondering that shouldnt

http://www.wowhead.com/item=67135/mo...waywalker-wrap

be on the bis list as it has the optimal stats for a cat mastery/crit and 2 sockets.
    It has exactly the same stats as Sark of the Unwatched, so just look at that one

Yush i noticed that it has the same stats ,yet i thought it would be worth mentioning as its still an different item and you nouz hou us catz samtaimz needz halp wif aitemz!