10+ Year Old Account
    Going back to kitty dps when I get the epics I need from raids as a tank. Just love the guide
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))

is it worth using tiger's fury everytime right before berserk?
    started using them both in a macro and i think it helps in burn phase

Deleted
    As long as you don't waste the energy from tiger's fury, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Calathiel View Post
    Is rip and rake applied while under TotT effect deals that 15% increased dmg for the whole duration or only till TotT fades from me?
    +dmg buffs on you when you apply a DoT will grant that +dmg to its whole duration. Tiger's Fury works the same way. +dmg taken debuffs on enemies however, like Icehowl's Stun, will only affect DoTs while that debuff is up, of course.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Glyph of Tiger's Fury
    Decreases the cooldown of Tiger's Fury by 3 seconds (to 27 seconds). There is still a lot of different opinions about this glyph; on one hand it makes tiger's fury go out of sync with rake, since 2x rake = 30 seconds which is equal to the cooldown on unglyphed TF. But on the other hand it increases the uptime of TF by 11.1%, if TF is used on cooldown.
    It was discovered recently that clipping a non-TFed rake with a TFed rake is a significant dps increase, especially in combination with this glyph.
    The bolded section is a little misleading. The glyph only increases the uptime by 2.22%, 20% unglyphed, and 22.22% glyphed.
    You could say that the glyph makes TF available 11.1% sooner, but the two statements are not the same.

If a fight lasts 4 min, you will actually lose dps (due to having to clip your rakes, and thus wasting energy). It takes 9 unglyphed TF's to make it possible to have 10 glyphed TF's, this means the fight has to be longer than 4:40 to even get use out of the glyph. I mentioned clipping rake because the guide says to clip your rake for a dps increase.

In reality you end up wasting 2 rakes (10 ticks, or 70 energy) over a 3 min fight, in order to keep rake up with the TF buff. So you gain 60 energy if the fight lasts longer than 4:40, but you lose 70 energy every 3 min. You do get the 15% damage bonus for 6 seconds every 5 minutes, but I don't quite think that's good enough.

I chose the berserk glyph, because 2 extra shreds per berserk (or 4 shreds in the case above), outweighs a 15% damage bonus for 6 seconds from the TF glyph. What do you guys think?

I think the main profit of Glyph of TF is getting it closer to the duration of Rip, so syncing those two abilities is more attractive. You have a few seconds of Rip downtime, but on the other hand, each Rip is buffed by TF. Without the glyph, you may even hardly get every third Rip buffed, since you don't want Rip downtime and want to use TF on cooldown. And clipping Rip is difficult because it suffers from "A more powerful spell is already active", if you applied the previous Rip with more AP than you have right now, even if you have more Crit and of course more +Dmg from the TF, and the Rip would only last, say, 4 or 5 more seconds. You might blow TF to get that error, and now sit there with 120 energy, 5 CPs, but Rip still ticking. If you FB, you risk a noncrit (at current gear levels, highly likely) that does less damage than two average Rip ticks, but taking away all CP and 70 energy. You might get 5 CP by the time Rip runs out, but you might not. Hell, I even notice that I don't have 4T10 anymore, often waiting for that additional 10 energy to Rip is a pain. With glyph of TF, you can refresh SR or dish out an FB ~5sec before TF is up again, and gather 2-3 CP or more and be at <60 energy until then, maybe another Shred, Rip, Shred some more to benefit from TF, but take care to be able to clip Rake with TF still up - I usually already do this at 2sec remaining, since we aren't at the hitcap, so I would have another chance to Rake if the first try misses.
    Of course things get messy once the boss is <=25%, but not any more messy than without the glyph, actually.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-01-22 at 09:27 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'll ask here since it's a problem i noticed in catform only.

I reached the gear level to switch from haste to crit (according to mew) and i reforged to second that. I ended up at 38.74% crit unbuffed in cat, and noticed i could swap my 50 haste enchant on wrist to 50 crit. Got the enchant done and my cat crit% did NOT raise, while caster did (it went from 28.xx to 29+). I already tried taking a portal, stoning, relogging and quitting the game and open it again, nothing worked. Any ideas?
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Hmm, no comments on either the tradeskill or the scroll... Try unequipping the bracers and watch how your melee crit chance changes, then look at what the Agi and non-enchant Crit on the bracers would grant you (RatingBuster helps with that) and if there is still a discrepancy, write a ticket about it or post on the forums - though, as a fellow EU player, I know about the reply rate there... Before you post there though, try searching on both EU and US forums for this issue (through Google, not the built-in search that seems even more broken than the one in the old forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Hmm, no comments on either the tradeskill or the scroll... Try unequipping the bracers and watch how your melee crit chance changes, then look at what the Agi and non-enchant Crit on the bracers would grant you (RatingBuster helps with that) and if there is still a discrepancy, write a ticket about it or post on the forums - though, as a fellow EU player, I know about the reply rate there... Before you post there though, try searching on both EU and US forums for this issue (through Google, not the built-in search that seems even more broken than the one in the old forums)
    Very offtopic, but my tickets get serviced within 1 hour usually(on EU), sometimes its slower, but at times I get very close to instant responses

I seriously need to transfer to your server :P

I seriously need to transfer to your server :P
    You dont, because the GM waits are the only good thing on my server tbh :P

I think the main profit of Glyph of TF is getting it closer to the duration of Rip, so syncing those two abilities is more attractive. You have a few seconds of Rip downtime, but on the other hand, each Rip is buffed by TF. Without the glyph, you may even hardly get every third Rip buffed, since you don't want Rip downtime and want to use TF on cooldown.
    If you let rip fall for more than 3 seconds, you lose dps even if the fresh one has a 15% buff on it. Going with 100% uptime on rake and rip (ideal in the first place), using the glyph wastes energy, 70 energy every 5 min (10 ticks). Using the glyph also does not line it up with rip any more than unglyphed. In a 10 min fight, Rip will line up with TF once a min on average, if you use the glyph, it lines up with TF once a min too. I am seeing no benefit to using this glyph, anything I am missing?

I looks like you might be missing a pre-raid chest: Defias Brotherhood Vest, which drops off Glubtok in heroic Deadmines - it should score 1563 if I'm counting right.

Great guide, all the same!

15+ Year Old Account
    there are more items missing :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    My gear list isn't intended to list every single item ingame.. and since i already listed the grim batol chest, which is better, that one isnt listed.

Deleted
    Have a question about sinestra - it looks like kologarn style fight so - is it possible to shred? Anyone know (I guess no one was there yet, but still mby someone has got a friends or smthg). It would be crap to not be able to get maximum dps at final fight...

Saw this in another thread..

"Get 4% hit. Reforge everything to mastery, the more crit the better. Rip your way to the top! "

I thought Agility was the thing to gem for?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Have a question about sinestra - it looks like kologarn style fight so - is it possible to shred? Anyone know (I guess no one was there yet, but still mby someone has got a friends or smthg). It would be crap to not be able to get maximum dps at final fight...
    Judging by the video yes, you should be able to shred. The tank was far on the right, with dps far on the left. Like Magmaw i'd say.

@Criix: Agility still trumps everything. That 4% hit sounds wrong too.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    Judging by the video yes, you should be able to shred. The tank was far on the right, with dps far on the left. Like Magmaw i'd say.

Hope so, because method was tanking her in the middle...

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    I had a druid tank yesterday in a random hc pug from another server who started lecturing me about my hit cap.. (cause i have gemmed for Agi all the way)
    I still managed to come first on the meters on every boss battle, funny cause after the first boss battle he didnt have anything more to say.. ^^

Okay now time for a nab question. Sometimes my cat gets this buff where a flame starts to be on my cat, and the buff icon says that my bleeds will do a lot more damage. I dont know how to get this buff (and also cant remember the name) cause it seems i have gotten it just from random fights in a instance. Can anyone explain to me what this is and how to get it more regulary? It is NOT the mastery buff that procs trough trinkets.