Hey there, I've been reading this forum for a long time but it's gonna be my first time posting here, so I'd like to thank you Mihir for this great topic! It helped me a lot with the feral cat spec!

Now my problem, I always see people commenting on how Fluid Death is an awesome trinket and how it's BIS outside of heroics, but I can't seem to like it over other trinkets like Tia's Grace heroic and Unsolvable Riddle. This last one specially is a trinket I've been using for a long time and I don't see myself choosing another trinket over it (unless it's the heroic versions of prestor's and essence of the cyclone, of course). As a matter of fact, until 4.0.6, I've been using Tia's Grace heroic and Unsolvable Riddle for raiding. I decided to change my Tia's Grace heroic for Unheeded Warning (I had it before the patch, but only really considered it over TG heroic after the proc changed) and I've been extremely happy with it so far. Now I'm raiding with Unheeded Warning and Unsolvable Riddle, but since I got enough points to buy Fluid Death, I decided to buy it and test while I had the time to get my refund. I reforged hit ---> mastery and went with Unheeded Warning + Fluid Death, Unheeded Warning + Unsolvable Riddle, Fluid Death + Unsolvable Riddle, but I just CAN'T get myself to like the trinket. 2 minutes just doesn't seem long enough for me to pass 1605 agility for 20 seconds.

What do you guys think? Anyone else addicted to Unsolvable Riddle or simply wouldn't change even Tia's Grace Heroic for Fluid Death?

Another thing, since this new patch and the fact that Shred spam seems better than 5 CP Ferocious Bite as a bonus attack, when you have nothing to renew, do you spam shred until you're out of energy and keep waiting for the minimum amount to shred again or do you get to 70~ energy then Shred, Shred, Shred, wait for 70 again, shred, shred, shred... ? It may sound silly but I believe it's a valid question, maybe saving is better in case you need the energy for something else?

And last thing, between Tsanga's Helm, Poison Protocol Pauldrons, Morrie's Waywalker Wrap, which one of this would you NOT trade for the Tier piece?

Thanks for all constructive replies!
    Last edited by Waynor; 2011-02-09 at 11:48 AM. Reason: fixing some stuff

Deleted
    It's usually better to save up energy, unless you got a berserk going or TF will be coming off cooldown shortly. Since the pooled up energy will make your rotation smoother.

All 3 are better than the corresponding T11 pieces. The helm is very likely to be your best option, since it provides the most mastery out of the 3.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-02-09 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynor View Post
    And last thing, between Tsanga's Helm, Poison Protocol Pauldrons, Morrie's Waywalker Wrap, which one of this would you NOT trade for the Tier piece?
    If you're asking what the best off-piece is then it's the Sark of the Unwatched. Shoulders are 2nd behind chest, and then gloves are third I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    If you're asking what the best off-piece is then it's the Sark of the Unwatched. Shoulders are 2nd behind chest, and then gloves are third I believe.
    This might very well be changing in 4.0.6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick question is it still advisable to not worry too much about the exp and hit caps? Just looked at pasks' gear and he has a lot of hit gems (unless i'm being a doofus and he's a feral tank)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.
    Your 14.99 entitles you to play the game however you want. However, the rest of our $359.76 says learn your fucking class

Deleted
    Hit/exp are still bad yes. Only reason to gem hit is if you got a blue socket with a 20 agi bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    This might very well be changing in 4.0.6.
    I believe his post is looking at it from the perspective of heroic gear since Tsanga's is not available as a 372 piece. Chest and shoulders should still end up VERY close to each other for the offpiece.

Yeah I meant heroic gear, sorry should have been more specific. I was able to pickup the chest the other night and theoretically it's BiS, unless expertise gains some weight, but I don't see that happening.

Deleted
    The heroic shoulders should pull ahead of the chest slightly, mainly because of the 2 socket bonuses you get (red socket with 10 mastery bonus in the shoulders, and blue socket with 20agi bonus in the t11 chest).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-02-09 at 01:48 PM.

Do those small socket bonuses really make that much of a difference? The T11 chest appears to be one of the worst itemized of the set.

Deleted
    In 4.0.6, at ilvl 359+, crit, hit, exp and haste should all be roughly worth the same. After factoring in socket bonuses and reforging the highest stat to mastery, you end up with the following stats:

T11 chest + nonset shoulders
    131 expertise
    142 haste
    20 hit

T11 shoulders + nonset chest
    227 crit
    36 mastery

Assuming crit=hit=exp=haste, you end up with 293 vs 227 + 36 mastery.

This ofcourse depends a lot on how your current gear is, etc.

Ah I see. I didn't realize that 4.0.6 pushed exp, haste and hit that close to crit. Is this something that has definitely been verified already or is it still in the works since we just went live yesterday?

Quick question about trinkets, i have been using Fluid Death and Tia's Grace, would it now be better to use Fluid Death and the newly changed Unheeded Warning?

Deleted
    Yes, definitely.

Are we weighing haste a little higher than crit now that we want to get as many shreds as possible in?

(i.e... do I take the plunge and reforge all my crit to haste?)

edit, nvm... tested myself via mew/in-game. I have a 1k dps increase reforging everything to haste =/
    Last edited by Sinfonia; 2011-02-09 at 03:46 PM.

Considering everything's about equal I'd expect some whack a mole in the stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would assume using Relentless Earthsiege Diamond until I see any of the new Agile Shadowspirit Diamond on the AH is the way go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I would assume using Relentless Earthsiege Diamond until I see any of the new Agile Shadowspirit Diamond on the AH is the way go to?
    No, according to Rawr the Cata Chaotic cut was very close to the new AGI cut, only slightly behind it. And its fixed now to require red gems instead of blue gems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is rawr reliable yet?

21 agi > 54 crit
    Rawr is wrong.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-07-01 at 11:27 PM.