Deleted
    Please stay on topic, this is not a good place for a flame war.

What? How is this not on topic? It's about a potential change for feral cats and last time I checked this was the cat thread. It was also merely a discussion; what makes you view it as a flame war is beyond me.

The "discussion" won't lead to anything as there are no facts. Just leave the discussion until there are some facts to discuss. Anything else is off topic.

Our raid leader, a rogue, told me yesterday I was not doing enough damage on Maloriak hc. Of course I replied "I know", and he just told me to do more -.-

It's not situations like the green phase of normal Maloriak, where there are enough adds so that Swipe does enough damage, and can even shine against other aoe that is target-capped, but the black phase of heroic, with its only 6 Vile Swills, less later in the phase, where Swipe is just a laughing stock, and applying Mangle, Rake and Rip to every target is more than a chore, with ranged aoe effects clouding the ground where the Sludges lurk, and the individual swills only being noticable through their nameplates.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Let your RL sit you on your Maloriak HC first kill or respec owlkin. Srsly.
    I myself just hate that fight so i've had no problem sitting )
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7064&e=7654
    Feral can do fine on maloriak hc.

Don't you think your mage, spriest, both hunters and dk (omg) are all underperforming?
    Well that's just offtopic i think =/
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    My boomkin gear (in half blues) did about 2-3k more DPS than that on our Maloriak attempts. You can definitely play feral if you feel like it, but we're far from "fine" in my opinion.

Deleted
    Remember that you won't be aoeing in the last phase so feral will catch up quite a bit there.

Deleted
    I am doing 2 k more on malo hc and I am much lower then you...Depends from other people in raid.

Feral can do fine on maloriak hc.
    I'm not saying it isn't possible, but that our "aoe rotation" is way more taxing than those of other melees.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    This is true

we downed hm maloriak with just 4 melee on our first kill this week. all melee ignored vile swills and stayed on boss, we found that ranged could handle it without us. we stack on one melee and keep moving left/right till a circle of black puddle forms and then move out and stop dpsing for couple seconds whenever we get overwhelmed and no safe spot left.
    used first zerk at pull and saved other 2 for green phases.

tidyplates has option to track mangle/rake/rip buff on nameplate along with combo points if somone wants to try it out on black adds
    thanks for feedback.

Good point with Tidyplates, using that already but hardly to full extent.
    I've changed Mangle in InlineAura to display the duration of 4T11, leaving me to check Mangle being up in the target's debuff list only - on single-target fights, this hardly matters as you Mangle every ~27 seconds anyway, but on add-heavy fights like Maloriak, this can become a pita...

15+ Year Old Account
    A Deep-Wounds-like talent that applies to Swipe could fix some our AoE issues, and allowing mastery to scale with said "Deep Wounds" bleed. I can usually top or be near-top on trash pulls, and on fights with heavy target switching, but it's upkeep is very rough at times. Not that I don't enjoy having a difficult rotation, because I do, but we aren't the only ones with AoE troubles. Shadow Priests have pretty much the exact same issue that we do, and Retribution AoE isn't terrific either (although they are addressing that it seems). The problem becomes, I think, allowing something like Swipe to do that, without making it feel too much like Fire Mage / Unholy Death Knight AoE, or for it to feel as powerful.

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=184160/p...-spell-changes
    Feral Swiftness now causes Dash and Stampeding Roar to have a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects from affected targets when used.
    Well, at least Feral has a root breaker again, even if it's just a cooldown. Well, two, 2:24 and 2:00 minutes.

oh, and Glyph of Rake will become Glyph of Pounce - Increases the range of your Pounce by 3 yards.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-03-03 at 11:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Bringing back the pvp utility. And Glyph of Pounce will be interesting, it is frustrating feral charging, then failing to pounce someone when they run a little out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    And Glyph of Pounce will be interesting, it is frustrating feral charging, then failing to pounce someone when they run a little out of range.
    EXACTLY. As far as I'm concerned, the range bug is still alive and kicking, just noticed it again today on Maloriak's Swills (yeah that boss again :/ bleh)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've noticed the feral range issue too, they said it was fixed, and for a while it seemed like it was, but I still have issues with it