15+ Year Old Account
    the reason it is such a low dps increase:

you loose the 20 engery that you gain, when the buff expires, so if you are 20+ energy whne the buff expires you gained nothing in total. however if you manage to go < 20 engery when the buff expires you do win a bit as it cant reduce your energy to < 0 :P

so if you have like 12 enegery when the buff expires you drop to 0 and in total gained 8 engery
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Help me read MEW did an input of all my stats etc (tho missing one trinket on there) and got the value

DPS: 12591,17175

How do I read that?

Edit:

Can someone give me a dummy guide on how to do multi target dmg
    Last edited by mmoc91c26bb0a7; 2011-03-14 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The first post says:

3.4 Multiple targets

Just did a ton of calculations on cat AoE dps. I put everything in a nice spreadsheet, and discovered a better AoE priority system:

* If there's already mangle on one of the targets, it has more than 3 seconds to live and it's without rake, put up rake on that one.
    * If there's already rake on all of the targets with mangle and you have some CP on one of them, shred to 4 CP and rip on that one if you can get at least 1 rip tick off.
    * If there's already rake and mangle on all of the targets and you don't have any CP on any of them, and you're about to get energy-capped, shred to 4 CP on the one with most health and rip.
    * If there's some targets without mangle and some of them have more than 16 seconds to live, do mangle -> rake -> shred to 4CP -> rip on the one with most time to live.
    * If there's some targets without mangle and some of them have more than 8 seconds to live, do rake -> mangle -> shred to 4CP -> rip on the one with most time to live.
    * If all targets got less than 10 seconds to live, there's at least 3 targets, and there's more targets than they got time to live, swipe (so 10+ targets with 9 seconds to live, 9+ targets with 8 seconds to live, etc).
    * If there's some targets that will live longer than 3 seconds, put rake on the one that will live longest.
    * Shred if one of them has mangle debuff.
    * Mangle the one with most health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Help me read MEW did an input of all my stats etc (tho missing one trinket on there) and got the value

DPS: 12591,17175

How do I read that?

Edit:

Can someone give me a dummy guide on how to do multi target dmg
    = ~12600 dps

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyway to track the 4pc proc bonus ?

Plenty ways. Get an addon to do it. I'd recommend ForteXorcist.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    thank you I will try it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    anyway to track the 4pc proc bonus ?
    I set up 3 different Power Aura's settings, I'm sure there are easier ways but it worked for me.
    First one pops up a symbol if I'm in combat and the buff isn't up, second one shows the same symbol if there are not 3 stacks (couldn't get it to do that all in one) and the last one tells me when there are 5 seconds left on the buff.

you can add spell id 90166 in droodfocus to track 4pc bonus.

Guide suggests a 1.6% dps increase from or 420 dps at T11.5 gearlevel from 4pc bonus. If you minus offpiece dps increase (2X70 dps) you get 280dps increase.
    I dont know if mangle's lower dmg instead of shred and potential rip refresh is taken into account i am assuming it is.
    I got 4pc bonus recently tried it out in a raid and my performance(was failing on some raid mechanics) was really bad as i found maintaining buff even with ovale to be really hard.
    I rather lose 280dps from a hard to use ability than tunnel and die to raid mechanics.
    I am not going to go back to 4pc till they bring a hotfix.The fact that i might get a heroic 372 offpiece soon also helps me make my mind up about 4pc

If we were firemages our 4pc bonus would mean this- 1.Fire 2 frostbolts at start to get full buff 2.Fire 1 frostbolt every 30 secs to keep it going 2.Fire 2 frostbolts incase your buff fell off. Its just sad that feral dps representation in raids is really low and even when theres a big outcry blizzard can afford to ignore us

I thought the calculation was:
    4pc = 600 AP
    600 AP = 600 DPS
    2xoffpiece = 140 DPS
    600-140 = 460 DPS

Now, 460 DPS is a lot to give up, retarded rotation included.

thanks your numbers are right back to 4pc!

Deleted
    Don't forget to substract the 1x mangle replacing shred per 27 seconds + the rampup time (replacing 2 shreds with mangles at the start of the encounter or whenever you combatres/go bear).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy View Post
    I set up 3 different Power Aura's settings, I'm sure there are easier ways but it worked for me.
    First one pops up a symbol if I'm in combat and the buff isn't up, second one shows the same symbol if there are not 3 stacks (couldn't get it to do that all in one) and the last one tells me when there are 5 seconds left on the buff.
    Stolen! <3 Power Auras.

Deleted
    Thanks for the awesome guide man!
    I'm currently leveling my druid which is at 75 right now, and this will come in handy when I hit cataclysm content!

Hello here

I have a question regarding the functioning of mastery. Does blizzard takes into account the real percentage (with decimals) but show the integer or do they only take the interger ?

An example to illustrate:

18.24 mast = 57.00%

18.55 mast = 57.97%

On the character sheet that will display 57%. If they only take the "whole of%" it seems more optimized to reforge until you reach a threshold.

Deleted
    Every fraction is used, the user interface just doesn't show it properly (same goes for expertise). Easy way to check is with rake on a target dummy for example, then (un)reforging your relic and raking the target dummy again.

K thx for your answer.

Deleted
    Just updated the cat guide a abit: 4.0.6 updates to relative stat values, gear list, and lvl85 update to hit/expertise sections.
    Only got Head/neck/shoulder sections done sofar, working on the rest.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 04:53 PM ----------

Recalculated all items with the new RSVs.

Well... if those values are really true for the bis gear
    T11.5 BiS (379)
    Weapon DPS 5.02
    Agility 3.24
    Mastery 1.29
    Crit rating 1.09
    Haste rating 1.09
    Hit rating 1.06
    Exp rating 1.06
    Then on bis gear you have 728 in hit/exp that after "optimal reforging" leave us with 437 points in hit/exp + 40 additional from 2 purple gems. To cap hit and softcap expertise you need total of 1279 points in them so after deducting those 477 points that you cant get rid off you would need 802 more points to cap both. "Sacrificing" crit/haste to get that you would lose "amazing" 24,06 dps (each point of haste/crit is worth 0.03 more than hit/exp) and that's less than 0.1% of teoretical feral dps. Im wondering then if it's not worth to cap hit and exp as it would help on some fights where you're forced to smash mangles on bosses balls as well as would allow us to refresh mangle really at the last possibly moment without worrying that it will miss and mess everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Calathiel View Post
    Im wondering then if it's not worth to cap hit and exp as it would help on some fights where you're forced to smash mangles on bosses balls as well as would allow us to refresh mangle really at the last possibly moment without worrying that it will miss and mess everything.
    Mew already accounts for missing mangles at the last possible moment, so there is no need to mess with the results to double-account for that.