Actually Insect Swarm does do more DPE... it costs 0 energy, so DPE is infinite

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Actually Insect Swarm does do more DPE... it costs 0 energy, so DPE is infinite
    Uh... Insect Swarm does X damage, and costs 0 energy. DPE stands for damage per energy, or damage/energy. Damage divided by energy...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Uh... Insect Swarm does X damage, and costs 0 energy. DPE stands for damage per energy, or damage/energy. Damage divided by energy...
    Gogo calcutate the DPE of Insect Swarm.
    EDIT: I want the exact number, not some weird rounded up/down version!
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-03-28 at 10:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Osnap. Calculus inc.

Deleted
    Kitties with sense of humour, that's brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Ekthelion View Post
    Kitties with sense of humour, that's brilliant
    Without that (and our prophet Alamo) we wouldn't have survived Vanilla.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    In short DPE of Insect Swarm is "Oh sh1t" Must bind it to my kitty bars, along with moon-sth (i really don't know the name of the spell )

Speculating further on Ekthelion's statement, I now believe the DPE of Insect Swarm is in fact i.

15+ Year Old Account
    i noticed a new agi polearm on the front page i gues it will be 3rd best in slow. not sure if it has an heroric version
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Jin'do's Verdict is from the heroic-only ZG, so it already is the heroic version :P Though technically, Jin'do's Judgement from the original ZG would be its nonheroic version, albeit with totally different stats.
    And yes, due to its DPS it's obviously the 3rd best PvE weapon after both versions of Malevolence. It's also the 3rd epic PvE Agi 2H overall in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-03-30 at 12:06 PM.

Jin'do's Verdict is from the heroic-only ZG, so it already is the heroic version :P Though technically, Jin'do's Judgement from the original ZG would be its nonheroic version, albeit with totally different stats.
    And yes, due to its DPS it's obviously the 3rd best PvE weapon after both versions of Malevolence. It's also the 3rd epic PvE Agi 2H overall in Cataclysm.
    Just to be sure, it would be better than my Akirus(strength mace from Magmaw), right?(Don't slap me because Malevolence won't drop and we have no strength DPS in the raid(I'm the only melee that is there every time, and I have to tank/moonkin as well, sometimes))

Pros of Akirus:
    better weapon DPS
    bigger stat budget

Pros of Verdict:
    agility
    better secondary stats

Add Verdict to your simulator of choice and check it

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:28 PM ----------

PS: ok it seems adding items in the current Rawr that can't be found on the live realms Wowhead is impossible, however, you can just edit another staff item to be like that new staff.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:34 PM ----------

For my gear (already 359+, though the relative values shouldn't shift much for a lower avg gear)
    Malevolence normal: 4373.25 DPS
    Jin'do's Verdict: 4197.27 DPS
    Akirus: the Worm-Breaker: 4118.94
    So Verdict is clearly better than Akirus, though closer to that than to Malevolence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i want my heroric staff :P
    AGREE totally!!!! lame boss won't drop it 5th time in row QQ
    And ofc every single time he dropped EotC (4 DEd already if not more)

Deleted
    Added the 2 new agi weapons from 4.1 to the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Added the 2 new agi weapons from 4.1 to the guide.
    ...right, the upgraded Mobus Halberd (no, you won't get the epic version if you already have the blue version before 4.1)

Add Verdict to your simulator of choice and check it

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:28 PM ----------

PS: ok it seems adding items in the current Rawr that can't be found on the live realms Wowhead is impossible, however, you can just edit another staff item to be like that new staff.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:34 PM ----------

For my gear (already 359+, though the relative values shouldn't shift much for a lower avg gear)
    Malevolence normal: 4373.25 DPS
    Jin'do's Verdict: 4197.27 DPS
    Akirus: the Worm-Breaker: 4118.94
    So Verdict is clearly better than Akirus, though closer to that than to Malevolence.
    Looks like I'll be doing a bit of farming for the Verdict when 4.1 hits(not that I wasn't planning to run the 5mans for the shards already, but now I might actually get a new item from there :P). And my gear is all 359 apart from the epic PvP mastery cloak and the rep necklace, so the stat values would be pretty close to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    AGREE totally!!!! lame boss won't drop it 5th time in row QQ
    And ofc every single time he dropped EotC (4 DEd already if not more)
    I feel for ya'll, silly little staff hasn't dropped for me once on any toon I've run BWD on. Now, I recently joined a new guild doing hard modes and in the 2 times we've been to Halfus since then 4 of the staves have dropped (heroic even!) 346-> 472 ftw?

And the DPE of Insect Swarm is pie. Because everyone likes pie right?

representing blizzard - trollface
    representing ferals - tinycat

Deleted
    Weird, mew is showing me that bis trinket combo is nefarian's hc one + fluid death...mhm

Are you forgetting to enter the passive stats that come on the trinkets? That's a frequent error people make.