No flaming 391 staff dropped, i'm outraged!!!

:'(
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

So I got enough marks to unlock one of the 3 vendors in Molten Front today and went with the armory to give the Magnetic Fireball trinket a test drive.

From what I've seen so far the proc rate is pretty bad. It felt like 0.5 ppm, only based on Berserk CD not using any fancy addons that track proc rates. By the time I had done 6M damage to the dummy it had proc'd 5 times (4 hits, 1 crit). Only did white attacks til the first proc, then full rotation to see if it helped proc'ing it. The fireball hits for ~340 and can crit (~635).

I think it's best treated as a 340 agility trinket with a on-use crit effect, disregarding the proc that appears to be more flavor than anything else. The on-use does have a pretty fiery static field visual and sound effect that makes it very easy to track.

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    No flaming 391 staff dropped, i'm outraged!!!

:'(
    I'm yet to see normal one. :-\
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2011-07-19 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    =\
    I just got mine last night, first raid with the guild too.

Is there a consensus for what pieces to aim for if you're looking to get 2T11H+2T12?

Rawr seems to be telling me Hands+Legs T11H, and Head+Shoulders T12.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Is there a consensus for what pieces to aim for if you're looking to get 2T11H+2T12?

Rawr seems to be telling me Hands+Legs T11H, and Head+Shoulders T12.
    Seeing as it's meant as a transition between 4T11 and 4T12, I wouldn't think people gave it too much thought. To be honest if you're in a position to get the token for both shoulders and helm, chest and hands to complete the set shouldn't be a problem. 4 weeks at the most if you have no luck in BH.

That being said, if you're set on getting both 2-piece bonuses what you've mentioned seems to be best indeed. Or maybe chest+legs for T11, the difference would be pretty minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Domo is a pretty easy boss, i'd certainly recommend working on him instead of Baleroc or even Alysrazor once you have the strategy figured out - so good luck with it =)

And yeah, the normal one didn't drop, too (
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    Domo is a pretty easy boss, i'd certainly recommend working on him instead of Baleroc or even Alysrazor once you have the strategy figured out - so good luck with it =)

And yeah, the normal one didn't drop, too (
    Well, we raid 2 days per week no matter what, so we have like slow'n'smooth progression and I don't think our GM all of the sudden will decide to alternate predefined boss order. Anyway, I think we will get Fandral hc in 2 weeks and I'll test my luck. )

We just downed Majordomo 10N for the second time in my guild and I managed to pull 26,4k DPS in a mix of 359/378 gear and hit + expertise capped. It was really smooth playing with and I will keep playing with it I think.

I should learn to log stuff to put on WoL, I believe I would've grabbed rank #7 feral on Majordomo 10N lol!

I didn't get rewarded with the staff tho better luck next week I hope.

I'll just post a Recount print if anyone's interested in how the dmg sources looks like with full hit/exp and rest to haste reforging (2T11 2T12):

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/4e...011_233759.jpg

My char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heryn/advanced
    Last edited by Zheryn; 2011-07-20 at 10:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How bad realistically would be it be to take Hood of Rampant Disdain over Obsidian Arborweave Headpiece or the Shoulderpads of the Forgotten Gate over http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/71101/o.

We're a slower progression guild only going 2 nights a week. If people show up. =( Rather than see loot get de'd a second week in a row I'm thinking of just taking things. Ilevel 359 to 378 should be a substantial upgrade for me. I just can't see 20 or 50 dps making a difference except in my head if I take helm/shoulders as offspec over legs/gloves.

-T
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Out of curiosity... Until I get a drop or rep ring to replace Signet of the Elder Council, would the raw agi bump from Vicious Gladiator's Ring of Cruelty be enough to outweigh the loss of budget itemization towards a second pve-relevant secondary stat?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    What I've been doing is accumulating those little rogue off-pieces and making them my bear gear, and keeping them ready just in case, depending on what tier gear I get first. I'm not really willing to get rid of my heroic tier 11 yet for those pieces (until it becomes an obvious increase). I'd say it's safe to say it really doesn't matter because of how equal the secondary stats are, and even when they aren't, they still are a pretty insignificant portion of your dps compared to pure agility upgrades. I mean, you're talking about ~50/100 THEORETICAL dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Out of curiosity... Until I get a drop or rep ring to replace Signet of the Elder Council, would the raw agi bump from Vicious Gladiator's Ring of Cruelty be enough to outweigh the loss of budget itemization towards a second pve-relevant secondary stat?
    I'd say get the 365 ring from doing the new daily quests. It's available after the first 3 days, if I remember correctly. And the upgrade of that would be Widow's Kiss or w/e it is called from Beth'tilac.

EDIT: To answer your question, no it wouldn't. Using Mihir's relative stat values posted a while back (which, by no means is a 100% end-all guide for how you should gear, as I'm sure he made pretty clear) the PvP ring is a 62 dps loss, compared to the Signet.
    Last edited by Tygroen; 2011-07-21 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I'd say get the 365 ring from doing the new daily quests. It's available after the first 3 days, if I remember correctly. And the upgrade of that would be Widow's Kiss or w/e it is called from Beth'tilac.
    You can get the ring on day 1 of doing the dailies now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's fun! Forgot they changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post

EDIT: To answer your question, no it wouldn't. Using Mihir's relative stat values posted a while back (which, by no means is a 100% end-all guide for how you should gear, as I'm sure he made pretty clear) the PvP ring is a 62 dps loss, compared to the Signet.
    Already picked up Matoclaw's ring, replace the old VP ring with it. So now it's just a matter of waiting on a drop I guess. Thanks for the quick answer

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Mihir, was it you that said that the rep items could be upgraded? And if so, wouldn't that make Flamebinding Girdle (Haste/Hit) best in slot over Riplimb's Lost Collar (crit/exp)?

So I managed to pick up Fandral's Flamescythe tonight (yay!). Also 11th in WoL on Baleroc 25 = woohoo I beat Mihir on a fight - he must have been sleeping ;-). Interesting trick we discovered: if a druid stands close to you when you're in fire cat form (on-use effect) and pops a potion of illusion, they copy your form and can shift to flightform and.... FLYING FIRE CAT OMG!

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Speaking of Flame Druids, according to some recent hotfixes, you were able to use/keep the Flame Druid costume in Flight Form before that >_< The item itself is of course quite a jab across druids' faces anyway (again)
    I don't know why they don't just make shapeshifts merely override costumes, not overwrite them, so that you'll keep the costume when shifting back into humanoid form.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Speaking of Flame Druids, according to some recent hotfixes, you were able to use/keep the Flame Druid costume in Flight Form before that >_< The item itself is of course quite a jab across druids' faces anyway (again)
    I don't know why they don't just make shapeshifts merely override costumes, not overwrite them, so that you'll keep the costume when shifting back into humanoid form.
    The staff use-effect is overridden, not overwritten, when you shift out of cat form. Shifting back into cat form will put you back with the fire cat visual. It persists through log-out, zone change, hearth, form changes... The only thing that seems to remove it is engaging in combat or unequipping the weapon.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    So I managed to pick up Fandral's Flamescythe tonight (yay!). Also 11th in WoL on Baleroc 25 = woohoo I beat Mihir on a fight - he must have been sleeping ;-). Interesting trick we discovered: if a druid stands close to you when you're in fire cat form (on-use effect) and pops a potion of illusion, they copy your form and can shift to flightform and.... FLYING FIRE CAT OMG!
    Gz on the staff Have you looked at the duration of your and my Baleroc kills? :P

Edit: also wth.. your white attacks are 28% of your damage? o_O
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-07-21 at 09:27 AM.