Is Fluid Death or Ricket's Magnetic Fireball better? :/ Having almost 380 Agility at all times with Fluid Death is really nice but the proc and on-use crit is also pretty nice. Help me out.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Cruit/advanced
    Last edited by Cruit; 2011-07-25 at 03:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    the trinkets are listed on the first page, but ofc it also comes down to your own gear set-up

a question for others cats how do you do majordomo 25? (N) when he jumps in catform he leaves 1 add behind and we are told to kill it but i cant reach 5 CP's on that add and then going back on the boss i cant reach 5 Cp either so i see my zelf dropping realy low on the damage meter during that phase
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I try to keep my energy low, and when he jumps away I auto-attack the adds while regenerating energy. If you get energy capped you can also toss in a swipe, since that doesn't remove your combo points.

Deleted
    Well, I don't dps adds. Maybe a swipe, but that's all. They will be damaged by cleaves, and there are many other classes not depending on cp to do decent damage. Mostly I run after the boss and continue building up cp as he travels back. Also a nice moment to use Feral Charge.

I might try Mihirs strat though, could be a dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I try to keep my energy low, and when he jumps away I auto-attack the adds while regenerating energy. If you get energy capped you can also toss in a swipe, since that doesn't remove your combo points.
    Pretty much that. Sometimes i happen to refresh SR mangling them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUc39wmy5E0
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Ah, thanks for posting that. I was getting really frustrated about not having as high DPS as I'd like for Staghelm. And having my Raid Leader yelling at me for craptastic damage on the cats wasn't helping; this puts my issues to rest.

Now if only that slimy little bastard would drop my staff...

stalking mihir on armory: arm profile lists you with 2x tier 12 but your gear is still reforged to mastery instead of haste?
    did the stat prio change? or do that style just suits you the best?
    or is there a third option as in? OMG IM TO LAZY?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    stalking mihir on armory: arm profile lists you with 2x tier 12 but your gear is still reforged to mastery instead of haste?
    did the stat prio change? or do that style just suits you the best?
    or is there a third option as in? OMG IM TO LAZY?
    I was actually stalking his armory as well and wondering the same. My guess is he's reforging mastery because he has the 2t11 still as well.

It was my impression that while you're still using 2pcT11, Mastery edges out other stats. It's not until you get 4pcT12 that you need to OMGHITANDEXPERTISE out the wazoo. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it:
    2p T11= mastery/crit.
    4p T11= mastery/crit.

2p T11 & 2pT12= mastery/haste.

2p T12= haste/mastery.
    4p T12= haste/mastery.
    Of course don't take that as the gospel.

Otherwise, You guys think I should reforge to exp/hit caps? Leave it as is? And finally, I have 2p t11 & tpt12. but the two t11 pieces are only ilvl 359. Should I break them once I get an upgrade or hold it till I get two?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...garra/advanced
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2011-07-26 at 02:25 AM.

I've reforged pretty much completely out of mastery to either expertise or haste but haven't pushed any caps on hit or expertise and between that and gear upgrades there was a very, very noticeable increase in dps, especially during AoE situations.

Deleted
    I'm currently using a priority of mastery > exp > hit > haste > crit. Seems to be working fairly well: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12242&e=12422

When I replace 2T11 with 4T12 this or next week, I'm gonna try reforging away from mastery, something like exp>hit>haste>crit>mastery or haste>exp>hit>crit>mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-07-26 at 07:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    when i got my 2xT12 this week i ran a mew simulator that said something like:
    1.25 for haste +-0.05
    1.19 for mastery +-0.05
    so i was oke lets go for haste

i ran an other mew simulator all i did was i reduces mastery by 300 and added 300 to haste
    the result was soemthing liike
    1.23 for mastery +- 0.05
    1.19 for haste +- 0.05

so mindly swapping all mastery for haste seems to cause some weird effect i dont understand but the value of mastery goes up when i loose mastery and gain haste, while the value of haste drops.

so in the end i went for a bit of 50 / 50
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to the forums
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Deleted
    It looks like some kind of bot ;-)

Anyway. Mew shows some interesting RSV for me:
    With 2t11 and 2t12 the part of pawn code is as follows:

Pawn: v1: "Feral Druid Cat (Mew)": Strength=1.43789, Agility=3.81711, Ap=1.36942, CritRating=1.31062, HasteRating=1.46884, MasteryRating=1.29788, HitRating=1.24379, ExpertiseRating=1.24129, MeleeDps=6.41549...

So haste is in my case already far above any other secondary stat, even above STR. can someone give me some comment, why mew shows such values?

Deleted
    I can recommend not looking too much at the mew stat values, as they vary a lot with only a few stats changed. Instead, just look at the dps, change a few things, look at the dps difference, etc.

Deleted
    Thanks, will try that

so i reforged everything to haste with a bit of hit exp, yea, sure, testing it out on dummies and 5 man heroics (no firelands yet, cleared)
    on standing fights my reforging to haste gave me aprox a 1k dps increase on a 10 min fight, going to a steady 21k dps
    but seeing this in my heroic runs lately if you target switch i would still stick with my mastery...
    meh, im no math genius, and i suck at theories, but as far as i can see, Yes, haste increases ur dps.
    but i wouldent use it for fire lands raid due to so much target switching and running.

keep them dots ticking

i wouldent use it for fire lands raid due to so much target switching and running.

I don't agree with that.
    Shanox hc - you're siting at his ass and dpsing till he's dead
    Ryolith hc - switching between legs + aoe shit (and there's hella lot of shit) - hit/exp outshine anything in places where you can swipe
    Bethilac hc - as above
    Alystrazor hc - only fight where mastery could be better
    Baleroc hc - patchwerk fight
    Majordomo hc - patchwerk fight with only exception when you have to move away is with seeds
    Ragnaros (won't comment hc as I havent tasted it yet;p) - but for regular one you're siting most of the time on rag, on sons of flame you want burst dmg, after seeds you want nice aoe for a lot of adds.

yea well ill rest my case.

we just did baleroc, reforged back to mastery, spiked at 35k ended at 29.5k dps
    maybe its the stars aligning, lucky crits, or what ever.
    but i do still feel Mastery is way the best stat for us feral.
    EVEN with the ter 12 bonus..

but yea, i guess we all can have our opinions (:
    Last edited by Unproven; 2011-07-27 at 08:40 PM.