Threat seems much better now for when you pre-pot and nuke away. I was pulling high numbers on HC shannox and normal ragnaros (10), no threat problems on any tries.

So pre-pot and nuke seems safer now since tank threat buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I made the mistake of going the haste route prior to getting 4 piece (My guild hasn't killed rag in 3 weeks...) but I like it a lot better for those AoE fights (I'm pushing hit/exp caps but I haven't killed myself trying to hit them yet until 4 piece) like Rag and Beth and Rhyo, but I seem to still rank with good numbers so I haven't found it to be too much of an issue.

I was wondering something though. During Alysrazor (keep in mind that I still don't have 4 piece), during the stack when you are energy capping yourself (I don't go in the air, but I usually get 5-7 stacks during tornado phases), would it be worth it to use Ferocious Bite as an energy dump? I'm consistently, even without Berserk/Lust popped energy capped. I have been, and I seemed to notice a DPS increase, but perhaps it was in my head.
    An FB is more energy efficient than a shred, which you would be doing instead. If you can FB and regain the CPs you need to refresh rip and/or savage roar without letting them fall off (i.e. if they have more than 5-7 seconds on them, since energy doesn't appear to be a limiting factor), do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been following the thread for the longest while refining my druiding skills, been a feral for a good while already. ATM i think i have my set up more or less correct i cant help but think there are some holes in my reforging

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agemeow/simple

John Fucking Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I made the mistake of going the haste route prior to getting 4 piece (My guild hasn't killed rag in 3 weeks...) but I like it a lot better for those AoE fights (I'm pushing hit/exp caps but I haven't killed myself trying to hit them yet until 4 piece) like Rag and Beth and Rhyo, but I seem to still rank with good numbers so I haven't found it to be too much of an issue.

I was wondering something though. During Alysrazor (keep in mind that I still don't have 4 piece), during the stack when you are energy capping yourself (I don't go in the air, but I usually get 5-7 stacks during tornado phases), would it be worth it to use Ferocious Bite as an energy dump? I'm consistently, even without Berserk/Lust popped energy capped. I have been, and I seemed to notice a DPS increase, but perhaps it was in my head.
    Why wouldn't you pop Berserk during the burn phase? I realize you can energy cap basically with an 8 stack of the haste buff, however you can still dump enough energy to berserk, and as this is the most important phase for DPS in the fight, it seems foolish to use Berserk anywhere else. You aren't going to get 35 seconds up time on an initiate, on a hatchling, or anywhere else other than burn phase.

Also, using Bite as filler during burn phase is correct. Keep bleeds on, hit 5 CP, bite.

15+ Year Old Account
    No no no, I do pop Berserk during burn phases haha, don't get me wrong, just whenever it isn't up, I still energy cap was my point. Good good, was just wondering how everyone else was handling that fight. Werd

My bad then I misread, I apologize. During that phase I just build to 5 CP and spam bite while keeping roar/rake/rip on. With enough crit procs, my zerk lasts for almost the entirety of the phase. I realize you said you don't have 4p T12 yet, but even without, shred to 5 and bite.

Deleted
    No Flamescythe for another week x_x not seen it drop once! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chellybear View Post
    No Flamescythe for another week x_x not seen it drop once! :/
    8 weeks not a single one in 25 man.

We've killed him four times in 10 man, it's dropped twice. Blizzard is scared of fire smokey.

It just struck me that I haven't really been using feral charge to get free ravages, I assume it should be a DPS increaseon like every boss since you only miss a few auto hits and get a 20k+ ravage? I don't know exactly how many auto hits we miss to be able to get far enough away to FC, anyone got any numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    It just struck me that I haven't really been using feral charge to get free ravages, I assume it should be a DPS increaseon like every boss since you only miss a few auto hits and get a 20k+ ravage? I don't know exactly how many auto hits we miss to be able to get far enough away to FC, anyone got any numbers?
    Its a few white swings but i think the huge thing is the combo points u gain from using that ability.

If I remember right, if it takes you 4 seconds or more of travel time to do a charge during a fight, it isn't worth it.

The huge thing about charge is that when properly used it deals more damage than shred for less than a quarter of the cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    8 weeks not a single one in 25 man.

We've killed him four times in 10 man, it's dropped twice. Blizzard is scared of fire smokey.
    I shall keep my claws crossed that you'll get yours soon too then!

I'm only using it at the start of fights (that I can of course) otherwise it's just a DPS loss from having to run away and jump back in. :/

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    If I remember right, if it takes you 4 seconds or more of travel time to do a charge during a fight, it isn't worth it.

The huge thing about charge is that when properly used it deals more damage than shred for less than a quarter of the cost.
    I was just testing the damage and an average Ravage! deals about 5 times the damage of an auto hit, so if we are missing more than 5 auto hits it should be a DPS loss right? I just don't see how it would take that long time (4-4,5 seconds) to get 8 yard distance from the boss since we can often stand a few yards away and DPS anyway. Since 4/5CP FB has higher DPE than Shred now, wouldn't the extra combo point regen from charging on CD be worth it? Or maybe the OoC proc loss makes it not profitable?

I'm pretty lost here, to me it seems that it should be a DPS increase to charge on CD, but since I have no math to back it up I would like mroe opinions/calculations!

We should rename this thread to the "QQ Staghelm Won't Drop The Flamescythe Thread".

Consider this my weekly QQ.

Also, just picked up my 4pc T12. At this point, I'm hit capped with 19/26 expertise. Using The Hungerer + APS as my trinkets for the time being, with the mastery on APS reforged to haste. Anything glaringly wrong with not being absolutely expertise capped? Or is my reforging completely wonky?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Feira/simple -- Link to my Armory for reference. >_<
    Feira
    <The Church> -- [A] Darkspear - US
    http://www.churchguild.org
    Feral Combat Druid

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, you shouldn't be reforging for mastery---haste becomes more important with 2t12, and even more so with 4. so unreforge the pieces you pull haste off of and see how you can rearrange to maximize expertise without falling under hit-cap and minimizing haste loss (even trade out mastery since at this points it's worse than crit)
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in full normal BiS (short of my neck piece, I don't have matrix, and my bracers have the wrong random enchant) and without sacrificing any haste, I am having issues even coming close to the hit/exp cap. I'm wondering if I should just wait it out, but it's rather disheartening.

I'm pretty lost here, to me it seems that it should be a DPS increase to charge on CD, but since I have no math to back it up I would like mroe opinions/calculations!
    Mew should tell you. Fairly positive it was 3-4 seconds travel time when it became DPS neutral and for time less than that, it was an increase.

Try this, maybe:

Head : CritRating -> HasteRating
    Neck : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Shoulders : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Chest : CritRating -> HasteRating
    Waist : HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Legs : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Feet : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Wrists : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Hands : CritRating -> HitRating
    Ring1 : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ring2 : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Trinket1 : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
    Back : CritRating -> HasteRating
    MainHand : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ranged : MasteryRating -> HasteRating

At this point, you shouldn't be reforging for mastery---haste becomes more important with 2t12
    I find it curious when people say that, because the difference between haste and mastery reforge for me was 1 dps, in favor of mastery, and I only have 3 359s, 2 365s, 4 359s if I opt to keep 2p t11. That includes having both ranseur and flamescythe. It's easily possible to reach 2t12 with far fewer 378s, let alone a weapon. This is particularly interesting because Mew gives me haste as a higher weight, by .2, but sims out to less dps, even if negligible.