Deleted
    Can confirm this after some testing, increases total haste by 20% (and thus energy regen as well) on both live and PTR realms.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume that it does increase energy production --- The tooltip for TW/BL/Hero says "attack, ranged, and casting speed" but it also does wonders for our energy regen, too.
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

attack/ranged/casting speed is just a synonym for Haste anyway, slash the other way around. Energy regen doesn't look at Haste Rating, it looks at Haste.

Deleted
    Q:I think this is the main question that feral druids seems to have right now: when you said that Shred will do "slightly" more damage than Mangle, did that mean that mangle is going to get buffed a little to provide less penalities in the several encounters we can't Shred? Because the difference between those skills is pretty big currently. ^^

A: Our own internal numbers show that once the Glyph of Shred works from Mangle as well as Shred, the difference between a Mangle and a Shred rotation is actually fairly small (in the 5% range).

Is that really true? It seems incredibly hard to believe since shred should get both the 20% damage buff from the talent and another 30% from mangle :x
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2011-11-10 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Ye...in 5.0...

Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    Q:I think this is the main question that feral druids seems to have right now: when you said that Shred will do "slightly" more damage than Shred, did that mean that mangle is going to get buffed a little to provide less penalities in the several encounters we can't Shred? Because the difference between those skills is pretty big currently. ^^

A: Our own internal numbers show that once the Glyph of Shred works from Mangle as well as Shred, the difference between a Mangle and a Shred rotation is actually fairly small (in the 5% range).

Is that really true? It seems incredibly hard to believe since shred should get both the 20% damage buff from the talent and another 30% from mangle :x
    Prior to the glyph change, the dps difference was on the order of 10%. I don't know what it has been simmed to be after.

I'm far more concerned about the "druids are hybrids, they should shift more often" idea. If they don't implement that perfectly (e.g. these abilities activating instead of requring their associated form) it will feel very uncomfortable, or even be outright detrimental if certain encounters require it.

I am sorry for asking some "outdated" stuff here but I would really appreciate your help. I currently have both The Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer but I don't have 4pt12 yet (need helmet or shorts). So the question is if I should swap The Hungerer with Ancient Petrified Seed or not?

And one more thing - could you please give a general explanation why haste becomes more valuable than mastery after I get 4pt12 because I can't get it (I am bad in math and so), so I am also trying to explain it to my feral friend somehow and just can't.

Thank you in advance!
    once a drood - always a drood!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreff View Post
    I am sorry for asking some "outdated" stuff here but I would really appreciate your help. I currently have both The Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer but I don't have 4pt12 yet (need helmet or shorts). So the question is if I should swap The Hungerer with Ancient Petrified Seed or not?

And one more thing - could you please give a general explanation why haste becomes more valuable than mastery after I get 4pt12 because I can't get it (I am bad in math and so), so I am also trying to explain it to my feral friend somehow and just can't.

Thank you in advance!
    Without link to your profile its impossible to do calculate stats weight for your gear. But most likely you should keep The Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer.

Does it really matter why haste is better if you don't like math?
    In short - shred and melee hits do more damage than rip and rake. Haste allows you to hit faster with autoattacks and regen energy faster for shred. Faster energy regen --> more shreds during berserk --> more finishers --> more added time to your berserk --> more shreds for half cost --> dps increase. Its really simplified so..

Deleted
    Afaik, APS beats TH378 in pretty much all gear combinations, even with 4T12.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm far more concerned about the "druids are hybrids, they should shift more often" idea. If they don't implement that perfectly (e.g. these abilities activating instead of requring their associated form) it will feel very uncomfortable, or even be outright detrimental if certain encounters require it.
    I don't like that either. From the looks of it, they want to force us to shift out and help with healing when it's needed. That's going to destroy Ferals to be honest... not liking it at all. -.-
    Last edited by mmocac6756899f; 2011-11-10 at 12:24 PM.

Well, not that I did not like the math I just did not go too deep into it yet =)
    Here's link to my profile (needed to change pvp equipment)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%D1%81/simple

And thanks for explaining the "haste" issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kreff View Post

Thank you in advance!
    As far as I know there is no actual math why haste overtakes mastery. Haste-oriented builds were simulated to have the highest dps. By highest, I mean haste builds came out to be 200-400 dps more than mastery builds, which, in the grand scheme of things, isn't very much.

In my opinion, many people here overestimate its value though.

In short - shred and melee hits do more damage than rip and rake. Haste allows you to hit faster with autoattacks and regen energy faster for shred. Faster energy regen --> more shreds during berserk --> more finishers --> more added time to your berserk --> more shreds for half cost --> dps increase. Its really simplified so..
    Just bear in mind that it takes more than 1000 haste rating while raid buffed to get an extra 1 energy per second. Even taking 4T12 into consideration, this allows one more shred during a berserk, MAYBE two. It will not necessarily allow for another finisher.

The returns haste has on energy regen is often overestimated. ~117 haste rating will give you 0.1 energy per second with standard raid buffs. If you stack 1170 haste, you will get 1 energy per second (you will also get ~10% more melees). Alternatively, 1170 mastery will boost your mastery bonus by an additional 19.5% (assuming a base amount of 1200 mastery, +19.5% is about a 13% bleed damage increase).

Ok, thank you guys for your time. It seems to be more clear to me now =)

So, while on the subject of haste, I noticed windfury totem didn't give to our energy Regen. Not sure about Icy Talon. But it's a static haste percentage given. Why doesn't it effect our energy Regen?

hey all, I haven't been around since the start of 4.2 I took a long break pretty much after Paragon's world first Rag HM kill. Has anything changed really? Is Mastery/Haste the two better secondary stats still?

I've been completely out of the loop this last month, haven't been raiding much, haven't been reading anything about WoW, it's actually really relaxing. Anyway, quick run down of 4.3 since there's a potential release build on PTR at the moment.

Mastery becomes king again yes? Haste falls to what, second place? I hear people talking about crit, but I've never considered crit a valid option since each new tier brings a new benchmark for AGI which naturally raises our crit. Hit/Exp are going back to bottom tier I'm assuming, which really makes me sad. Think it'll be like 4.2 where all the stats are roughly equal in value, or will the mastery route just clearly surpass anything else? I thoroughly enjoy the hit/exp caps, but if mastery is king again, then all we need to do is stack the shit out of it and faceroll bleeds like 4.1 no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    So, while on the subject of haste, I noticed windfury totem didn't give to our energy Regen. Not sure about Icy Talon. But it's a static haste percentage given. Why doesn't it effect our energy Regen?
    It should boost energy regen by at least 1 energy per second.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I know this is still using Rawr as a basis but bear with me though. There really isn't that good of a selection currently in the 410 item level range for some of the off-piece gear. This is a rundown of gear for 4.3:

You will want to use the 4-piece T13. Your off piece is going to be the shoulders off of Morchok. The weapon from Deathwing is godly and a must have for ANY feral. Mastery will be the stat of choice, followed by haste then crit. Due to the excessive amounts of hit and expertise on gear, we will be close to hit and expertise cap without really trying.

Stats - buffed:
    Agility - 8172
    Strength - 701
    hit - 568
    expertise - 771
    Crit - 1191
    haste - 1784
    mastery - 1905
    Weapon dps - 1060.14

410 Deep Earth Headpiece - Hit -> mastery
    397 Choker of the Vanquished Lord - no reforge
    410 Underdweller's Spaulders - no reforge
    391 Dreadfire Drape - Hit -> haste
    410 Deep Earth Raiment - Crit -> Haste
    410 Shadow Wing Armband - Crit -> Mastery
    410 Deep Earth Gribs - Expertise -> mastery
    410 Belt of Flayed Skin - Expertise -> Mastery
    410 Deep Earth Legguards - Expertise -> Mastery
    416 Molten Blood Footpads - Expertise -> Mastery
    410 Seal of Primordial Shadow - Expertise -> Haste
    410 Signet of Grasping Mouths - Crit -> Mastery
    416 Wrath of Unchaining - No reforge
    410 Starcatcher Compass - No Reforging
    416 Kiril, Fury of Beasts - No Reforging
    391 Covenant of the Flame - Crit -> Haste

Also I'm seeing conflicting reports of Kiroptyric Sigil having a 60 second cooldown (MMO-C) and a 90 second cooldown (Wowhead).

Glyphs are changing as well. With the 4-piece, we maybe changing our glyphs. We maybe changing our Glyph of Bloodletting (Glyph of Shred) with Glyph of Tiger's Fury for the increased number of Ravages.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2011-11-11 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    It should boost energy regen by at least 1 energy per second.
    I'm just going off my in-game spreadsheet.

Haste is at 7.29% 10.20 e/s
    shaman drops WFT
    Haste is at 17.35% 10.20 e/s