Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Quick maths to support that: 1 point of agi gives me ~4.8 dps at my gear level. ~20% of my dps is Rip, so 0.95 rip-dps per point of agi. With a Rip duration of 16 seconds, this is 15 damage per point of agi. Rip does about 8.2k dps. So for every second I don't have rip up, I gain 100 agi = 1500 rip damage, but lose 8k damage from rip not ticking. So totally not worth it.
    Based on current agi amounts, you'd see a 2-3% gain in Rip damage for the duration for each stack of the buff, so say waiting for two stacks, you'd see 4-6% damage increase. However, you'd be sacrificing a Rip tick which amounts to a 9% damage decrease over the duration (if we consider the first "non"-tick to be a tick and the following 10 ticks after GoBL extensions).

The percentages are based on my current gear (which isn't good and serves as the lower end), rough numbers from Mihir's 410 sample in Mew and the reported AP scaling of Rip in MMO's database.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-12-14 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    The novelty of that bastard polearm has now fallen off extremely quickly given Morchok "fun times" today. Unless I am mistaken and for this situation I don't think I am. We have a rogue soaking a stomp with feint for reduced damage and he was hugging one of our tanks and due to my rather large hit box (and I was even out of melee range by enough of a distance that charge was available) I was taking double stomps which was curtains on several attempts. I am somewhat glad I no longer have to use it now I have the Yor'sahj one.

Hey,

Wondering what I should buy with VP next.. My worst pve items are 378, and Im thinking VP trinket is clear choise.. Is that so? Im zigzagman in armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmon View Post
    The novelty of that bastard polearm has now fallen off extremely quickly given Morchok "fun times" today. Unless I am mistaken and for this situation I don't think I am. We have a rogue soaking a stomp with feint for reduced damage and he was hugging one of our tanks and due to my rather large hit box (and I was even out of melee range by enough of a distance that charge was available) I was taking double stomps which was curtains on several attempts. I am somewhat glad I no longer have to use it now I have the Yor'sahj one.
    Having read so many reports of this kind, I'm starting to think that me losing out on Kiril due to a silly little hunter turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Yor'sahj was kind enough to donate a new staff for me so I won't get to feel the pleasure of being too large for raid mechanics until HC DW is done with.

Deleted
    Didn't have any trouble with my Kiril on Morchok yet, just stay at max melee range

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagman View Post
    Hey,

Wondering what I should buy with VP next.. My worst pve items are 378, and Im thinking VP trinket is clear choise.. Is that so? Im zigzagman in armory.
    Ye the trinket I have is arrow of time.. So can any1 help me?

Deleted
    Trinket is a huge upgrade, but both the spine trinket and the vial of shadows are better. Valor neck is BiS if you are not killing heroic ragnaros on a regular basis, and the same goes for the cloak and lord rhyolith heroic. So any of those 3 is a good first buy depending on your personal circumstances.

A few problems

Hello,i have a few questions:

1)My combo points seem to reset on boss whenever i leave him for a few seconds(Morchok,Yorsahj,Hagara,Ultraxion on hour,claws of deathwing).I get a few combo points up,run away(adds,another phase,whatever) and when i come back i see no CP on boss(I dont use SR in that time).If this is the case,how should i maximize dps before disengaging? Do bleeds also get reset on ultraxion for example or do they keep ticking?

2)I saw the relative values in this guide of 2piece and 4 piece t12,but t13 wasnt added.
    Should i go with 2piece t13 and 2piece12? Or wait for full 4piece t13?

3)When in execution phase(Under 25% HP) if i ferocious bite boss with trinkets and pots,does Rip refresh with old
    AP values or current?If with old values,should i use a 5CP rip or keep on FB?Does this change with hero up?(i dont know whether in heroism phase our damage shifts to FB or not?)

Thanks for your time

1) You can only keep combo pts on one target, so if you have 4-5 combos on Yoshaj and switch to an ooze, you will lose the 4-5 combos on Yorshaj. What I normally do in target swapping situation is put up 5 pt rip or w/e combo points you have for savage roar b4 switching.
    2) I remember Mihir talking about the 4p t13 value being better then even 2p t12. It should be on the top of his guide unless he changed it recently.
    3) I believe refreshed rip via ferocious bite takes the values of when you fb. You would always fb even if its a 1 point fb in order to refresh your rip because your uptime will be maintained.

Deleted
    Rip updates its damage/crit everytime it gets refreshed, either by recasting rip or by using bite below 25% (60% with 2T13)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-12-15 at 03:55 PM.

does a TF-ed Bite refresh Rip with the TF buff?

Deleted
    Yes .

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    1) You can only keep combo pts on one target, so if you have 4-5 combos on Yoshaj and switch to an ooze, you will lose the 4-5 combos on Yorshaj. What I normally do in target swapping situation is put up 5 pt rip or w/e combo points you have for savage roar b4 switching.
    2) I remember Mihir talking about the 4p t13 value being better then even 2p t12. It should be on the top of his guide unless he changed it recently.
    3) I believe refreshed rip via ferocious bite takes the values of when you fb. You would always fb even if its a 1 point fb in order to refresh your rip because your uptime will be maintained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Rip updates its damage/crit everytime it gets refreshed, either by recasting rip or by using bite below 25% (60% with 2T13)
    If i have trinkets/buff/TF on and i have used FB to refresh rip,buffs fall,I FB again - does weaker rip overwrite stronger one?
    I guess what im asking is,when i get to execute phase,is there anytime at all i apply rip or just keep FB regardless of buffs?

I have rechecked guide,i see T12 bonuses(2piece 4%,4piece 2% in bis) but no mention of t13 values.
    Is it worth breaking 4pc t12(all 378,no heroic pieces) for 2set t13(even 384 from LFR)?

Guide also mentions its a dps gain to clip Rake if under 9 seconds with a TF,does the same rule apply to rip?

Appreciate the help,thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Smuchta View Post
    If i have trinkets/buff/TF on and i have used FB to refresh rip,buffs fall,I FB again - does weaker rip overwrite stronger one?
    I guess what im asking is,when i get to execute phase,is there anytime at all i apply rip or just keep FB regardless of buffs?
    If you refreshed Rip by using FB while having buffs up and then use FB without buffs, the new Rip will be a weaker one, with the stats from when you last used your FB. You should never use Rip instead of FB while under 25%.

I have rechecked guide,i see T12 bonuses(2piece 4%,4piece 2% in bis) but no mention of t13 values.
    Is it worth breaking 4pc t12(all 378,no heroic pieces) for 2set t13(even 384 from LFR)?
    Switching from 4t12N to 2t12N + 2t13LFR is definately worth it.

Guide also mentions its a dps gain to clip Rake if under 9 seconds with a TF,does the same rule apply to rip?
    From what Mihir has said earlier you should never clip Rip if you'll still be attacking the boss the moment Rip has less than 2 ticks left of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    To be clear, you only lose those combo points when you generate combo points on another target; you don't lose them for just target switching.

If you really wanted to, you could just autoattack oozes and maintain your CPs on the boss but I don't think that would be ideal in any scenario.

Deleted
    And swipe it!

hi, i was wondering if the hemo/tendon rip bug preventing shred from doing its full damage was fixed or not? thank you

I used Rawr to compare DPS between Tauren and Troll and it seems like it's only a 100dps increase more or less, anyone with the correct numbers?

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...08n/details/5/
    why does it say 60% uptime rip/rake, when on graph the fight took like 6min or so ?
    and what can I do to improve )

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stick/advanced

Rake: 96.4 %
    Rip: 95.6 %

You had it on full report .