Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    This is some really ignorant logic. Rather than people learning, you want them to be mindless drones and hit a button when something pops on screen and tells them to? This is why Ret Pallys are laughed at for using CLC_Ret. Because it's a mindless addon that plays the game for you. I'm not trying to argue or start s*** with you, but I don't have an ounce of respect for anyone who uses an addon to tell them what button to hit next. Why even play the game at that point?
    i just spam my keyboard and hope for the best! works for me :>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use FBN or Ovale for my Kitty (because I got my rotation info here and picked up the rest of it by experience, I can vouch for the usefulness of addons like that. I used Shock and Awe on my Enhance Shaman and CLC_Ret on my Pally for about a month each after 85. It helps learning the rotation, but that's only for people that want to learn. I don't agree with people using it as a crutch. You won't be on my raid team if you can't raid on Patch Tuesday night because your rotation addon still isn't working.
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You state that like it's a fact when I doubt you have any way to prove it. I would hope that those people are in the minority, but calling an addon bad because whatever portion of people use it incorrectly is just silly.
    It is basic logic really... addons are not going to know boss mechanics, I have a friend who is learning bear tanking and uses Ovale for catting when she has to DPS, and while she finds it useful, she says it tells you stupid things like beserk at the start of Zon'ozz and to refresh Rip 3 2 seconds before Hagara goes into an immune phase. If you use it exclusively you are not really going to know what each ability does, you will be looking at the what button next area all the time and not learn how to actually play your cat according to the situation.

I am not against people using it to begin with, but to be honest, I much prefer to learn from reading things and trying stuff out myself. There is no better satisfaction than seeing your DPS increase because you just figured out something rotation wise (I have many alts, and have made a point of being at least passable with each on in LFR).

Deleted
    Personally, when I first started playing feral, I installed ovale and hit the target dummies, then continued to use it on raid bosses until I started to disregard some of its prompts because of boss mechanics. At this point, I did a lot of swatting up on cat forums and theorycrafting and then moved on to making my custom NeedToKnow timers and then practicing on dummies with both on until I felt confident. After that, I took the plunge and just use the timers.

In my opinion, Ovale does several great things:

1. Quickly allows someone who has no clue how to play feral (or any class) to play somewhat ok ish. At the bare minimum its miles better than playing without anything and no clue what to do.
    2. Accelerates the learning process, as quite quickly you get to the point where you know what *should* be coming next.
    3. Can serve as a quick refresher for any changes to the rotation or mechanics that come in a new patch.

I haven't used ovale in ages (like since wrath) on my main, but I ALWAYS have it on when I'm leveling a new alt, because it takes the hassle of trying to learn how to play the class at various stages of leveling with different sets of spells, and when I can switch it off I feel like I can play the class properly (not just because of ovale, but it helps).

TL;DR - Ovale is a great tool if used correctly, and I don't see why anyone should feel bad for using it, so long as it is understood that to play optimally, it ultimately has to be switched off and you have to "use the force..." (wow...did I really just do that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Buraan View Post
    I installed ovale and hit the target dummies, then continued to use it on raid bosses until I started to disregard some of its prompts because of boss mechanics.
    Exactly this. If you don't use the addon like this then you're using it wrong and I think that's the kind of use that people have an issue with.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this. If you don't use the addon like this then you're using it wrong and I think that's the kind of use that people have an issue with.
    So to clairify... your only noob IF you follow the addon like a mindless drone, therefore becoming a mindless drone. If you think and realize "maybe the addon is wrong here, I'm going to ignore it for a second" than your OK.

Did I get that right?

I just recently started using FBN on my kitty and my DPS has improved a bit. I don't follow everything it says 100%, I always change things up depending on the situation, but I use it more as a reminding tool to more easily time CDs and dots. Just those small pointers every now and then really does help, but you should never take any addon like that like it's the absolute rulebook for how to play in every situation.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by celionaria View Post
    So to clairify... your only noob IF you follow the addon like a mindless drone, therefore becoming a mindless drone. If you think and realize "maybe the addon is wrong here, I'm going to ignore it for a second" than your OK.

Did I get that right?
    The addon will always know less than an observant player does, so yes.

And I'm pretty sure you made no point there other than stating your opinion in a condescending manner.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-05-16 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The addon will always know less than an observant player does, so yes.

And I'm pretty sure you made no point there other than stating your opinion in a condescending manner.
    "Exactly this. If you don't use the addon like this then you're using it wrong and I think that's the kind of use that people have an issue with. "
    /shrug idk that comment you made there sounds condescending to me.

I don't think anyone that wants to be good at dps is going to use the add-on as a whack-a-button to win. If they do that than they were bound to fail with or without the add-on's existence. Hell I've told other people in my guild starting out as a brand new kitty to go and get FBN or Ovale so they can use it as a way to help make the learning curve on kitty (which is one of the highest in game) less steep. Using it as a teaching aid to help keep people from being discouraged by the classes steep learning curve is also viable, and you should just say "THIS is the only right way".

FFS Rip is now Guardian not feral that is GG Blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Tooltip from wowdb says there's a more powerful Rip for Ferals... Even if it's not official then I think we should assume blizzard wouldn't do such stupid thing like removing Rip (like we didn't have enough 'problems') so IMO Ferals will get it stronger. (also Alaron states that assumption: fluiddruid.net).
    Last edited by mmoc44b6479242; 2012-05-18 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ral-Cat_Druid/ did normal for achiv :> not that thats something to boast about but meh first time ive ranked 1st after content is on farm :P

Deleted
    Good to know mine on HC is still there /flex (http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ral-Cat_Druid/)

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    FFS Rip is now Guardian not feral that is GG Blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just a tooltip interpretation error for sure. Don't worry about it.

Deleted
    Pretty sick dps there! mine was done without 3% either :> but I did just stay on the boss during black blood. Would be nice to get DI and tricks as well.... only way to rank in the top now. Apex is pretty awesome, i was looking to apply there now that my guild is disbanding for MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Pretty sick dps there! mine was done without 3% either :> but I did just stay on the boss during black blood. Would be nice to get DI and tricks as well.... only way to rank in the top now. Apex is pretty awesome, i was looking to apply there now that my guild is disbanding for MoP
    I ranked without DI and tricks (but with UF and unfortunately cast only once... With DI/tricks the numbers would be much bigger ). Anyway You must stay on the boss all the time to get a high rank. I just asked some healers to carry my cat butt through the black blood
    Regarding the guild: Yup, people here are fantastic and insanely great And you lose nothing by applying I'm not the one who decide, just be aware that we have two active ferals already (me and Pagotras).

Deleted
    Nice guide, thank you! This really helped me.

Just returning to game and i am unsure if i should cap out expertise and hit then go mastery or go full mastery and not worry about hit/expertise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomnom View Post
    Just returning to game and i am unsure if i should cap out expertise and hit then go mastery or go full mastery and not worry about hit/expertise?
    Hit cap then whatever other secondary stat suits your play style or fight you will be progressing on, ignore expertise and forge away from it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Hit cap then whatever other secondary stat suits your play style or fight you will be progressing on, ignore expertise and forge away from it as much as possible.
    I was bear before i quit and basically just swapping my gear over to kitty, so if im roughly like 397 ilvl and clearing 6/8hm and working on spine what would be the best way to go haste so theres room for error or mastery after hit cap