Deleted
    Yes, it does. But it's usually better used on a shadowpriest/resto druid/boomkin.

Deleted
    For the best cloak enchant, you put 65 crit. Given the relative stat value from Mew, wouldn't 22 agi (from woltk) be better ?

Deleted
    Any recommendations for Ovale scripts? Which do people find puts out the most dps?

Deleted
    Nice guide, i like it!

So, i've played ret for nearly entire wotlk in the top guild on my server, but with the changes to it I didn't like it anymore so rerolling feral, currently at lvl 84 and I've got some questions regarding situations I've encountered were I wasn't quiet sure what to do.

For one there's times where i've got 5 Cp's and there's only 4-6 seconds left on rip, is it better to wait till it's at 0.1-1.9 secs to refresh it or use a FB to start building up Cp's again.

In your faq you said that it's not hard to keep rake up all time with the damage bonus from tiger's fury, rake lasts 12 or 15 seconds ( not sure on that), where TF has ( glyphed) a 27 second cooldown, does it still keep the 15% damage bonus from TF if i refresh it at <2 seconds?

should I keep rip up all the time even if it's without TF?, rip lasts 22 seconds with the glyph, is it worth letting it drop those 5 seconds to have it benefit from TF?

And the last thing i was wondering about, since savage roar with only 1 CP lasts 22 seconds and with 5 only 41 is it not worth to keep it up with 1 Cp ( 2 if the first ability crits), seems alot cheaper in the end or is it bad cause in the end you spend more energy on it?

Cheers for the help anyway even if I don't get answers, this faq has helped me alot already
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaira View Post
    For the best cloak enchant, you put 65 crit. Given the relative stat value from Mew, wouldn't 22 agi (from woltk) be better ?
    Yep, you're right. Fixed it.

should I keep rip up all the time even if it's without TF?, rip lasts 22 seconds with the glyph, is it worth letting it drop those 5 seconds to have it benefit from TF?
    I wondered this myself, and assuming perfection, keeping rip up 100% is a dps boost. I didn't bother doing the timing for how often you can then get TF on rip, but mostly, it's a dps boost. How much of a boost depends on the number of rips you can get with TF with exactly what uptime. Presumably it's between 1/3 and 1/2 of them.

Simple math, there's 5 seconds between rip and TF. That's 2.5 ticks. Getting those extra 2.5 ticks on average in those 5 seconds is a 23% increase over doing it once every 27. TF is only 15%. It'll range between 500 and 1000 dps, gear depending. I started with an average tick of 7k, which is probably low as even my current ticks are over 6.5k now and I'm only in full 346. I didn't model any higher because I did it when my ticks were only at 5k and the math was kind of obvious by that point.

Again, that's only theory and essentially ignores fight mechanics. Swapping off to kill adds instantly destroys that for example. Knowing a swap is upcoming may make it better to hold off on TF to get the stronger rip just before you swap. Or when the boss is about to be impaled, etc.
    Last edited by Lyren; 2010-12-26 at 05:36 AM.

I at times clip my RIP (especially when near 20% where I pop Agi pot + TF) or in ~20% case at times can wait and waste those 1-2 ticks to later keep that boosted RIP till rest of the fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the update Mihir

Anyone have a good mod to track the number of times Rip has been extended by the glyph of shred. I used to use FBN for this but the mod no longer is updated so I switched to Ovale and it doesn't appear to track that in a manner that I can see.

Deleted
    Which stat is the best to reforge into mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Ermu View Post
    Which stat is the best to reforge into mastery?
    There is a reforging section in the OP. Check it out.

I just tried the Pawn import, and it didn't seem to like any of the decimal places. Currently using Pawn v.1.5.3.
    Putting them in manually isn't that big a deal though.

Looked into it, it's mostly because it didn't like the commas, even though that's normal for EU. Not sure if it works depending on language.

( Pawn: v1: "Feral Druid Cat (Mew)": Strength=2.53742, Agility=3.30795, Ap=1.20915, CritRating=1.03746, HasteRating=0.90068, MasteryRating=1.47456, HitRating=0.96561, ExpertiseRating=0.95473, MeleeDps=4.18014, IsWand=-1000000, IsCrossbow=-1000000, IsGun=-1000000, Is2HAxe=-1000000, IsThrown=-1000000, IsBow=-1000000, IsSword=-1000000, Is2HSword=-1000000, IsAxe=-1000000, IsShield=-1000000, IsDagger=-1000000, IsFist=-1000000, IsMace=-1000000, IsPlate=-1000000, IsMail=-1000000, SpellPower=-1000000, Intellect=-1000000 )
    Using the above works.
    Last edited by Lyren; 2010-12-26 at 09:39 PM.

What's the top 2-3 trinkets pre-raid? Would the Tol Barad trinket being of epic quality earn a gear slot or it's worse than some blues from heroic 5mans ? I've seen different opinions, in this guide and other sources, also when I checked the armory last time, the author of this guide is using the crit trinket (Grace of the Herald) with crit proc which is not even mentioned in the guide, is it really the best one from heroics 5mans?

Deleted
    I like the synchronized procs of my 2 trinkets, but the blue one i use is probably not the best indeed. but it's the only 346 blue trinket i got atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Leinie View Post
    No, it does not. Like you said, Berserk will half the base cost of Ferocious Bite, but Ferocious Bite will still take up to an additional 35 full energy. Even so, Ferocious Bite is still better DPE than Shred, so you should go ahead and use it during Berserk.
    Despite knowing Ferocious Bite is better DPE than Shred, would it be better damage overall to spam Shred for most of Berserk, even with 5 combo points? I am curious if you can get in more Shreds (and the damage from Shreds) than the damage done by Ferocious Bite (and the loss of energy after it).

I just notice that I am often left with very little energy if I use FBite during Berserk, and feel that sitting at sub-20 energy for portions of Berserk is a waste at times.

Deleted
    Since the DPE of FB is higher, no.

Being at low energy during berserk isn't bad, if you spent the energy in a good way :P

Great job

Here have a hair ball !

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just picked up this Chest piece out of Heroic Deadmines http://www.wowhead.com/item=67135#comments

it has the same stats as t11 chest but with Crit and Mastery instead of expertise and haste

Deleted
    Made a post about trinkets in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post9907714, will add a better version about them to the main post soon.