Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fireball vs Frostfire bolt.

Okay, so according to the testing I've been doing on dummies, Fireball has been letting me do way more damage than frostfire, any1 have the same results, and is this correct in raids?

Regards

ps. which glyphs should i place in prime as firemage? living bomb, pyro, and....?

lol not much testing needs to be done, fire is the top dps spec for mages atm. fireball should destroy the amount of dmg frostfire can do

blizz hasn't added a third prime glyph for fire yet... patch didn't include it (Presumably Scorch +20% dmg glyph)

well if you put the glyph for frostfire i have seen that they hit for about the same plus for have the dot also which could make then even (the dot is 9% dmg done over 12 sec)

they definatly dont hit for the same. difference is 2-3 k damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirkeline View Post
    they definatly dont hit for the same. difference is 2-3 k damage.
    Check your glyphs. Having both the FFB and FB glyphs, the total difference between the two spells is....wait for it.....2. Two whole damage. The difference comes from the potential DPS of a 5% higher crit chance with one valued against a DoT of another. They both HIT for the same, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    BfA Beta Time

k so just did a a run and with FFB glyph and FB glyph the numbers where 4.8k and 6k respectively, now this was only with one trial
    just did alot of runs and both ffb and fb were between 5-6k based of crit strings
    Last edited by jubbing; 2010-10-16 at 06:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fireball:

FFB:
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Check your glyphs. Having both the FFB and FB glyphs, the total difference between the two spells is....wait for it.....2. Two whole damage. The difference comes from the potential DPS of a 5% higher crit chance with one valued against a DoT of another. They both HIT for the same, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    No they don't, obviously, when I notice different numbers between each hit.
    One is critting 13k, other 11k.
    Now stop being such a know it all, just cuz you have a fancy sig.

Edit:
    Those 2 damage mean something, when you start adding percentages etc.
    And spell power too.
    Last edited by Wheelz; 2010-10-16 at 06:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Percentages....let's see. They have identical cast times, identical coefficients, same damage increasing talents...yeah, you're not doing something right. Most often when people make claims that don't make sense like this, they see a large crit from one spell during cooldowns and record it then see a lower crit from another spell without cooldowns, record it and use it for comparison.
    BfA Beta Time

Swizzle your ui's weird.

Stop being stubbern, i obviously did both without cooldowns etc. I'm not retarded, been playing mage 5,5 years and this is just unexplainable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toriankel View Post
    Swizzle your ui's weird.
    Blame 4.0.1 deleting my Launcher, forcing me to reinstall the entire game, then forcing me to redownload a ton of addons I don't use (pitbull and sexymap for example).

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 06:40 PM ----------

Stop being stubbern, i obviously did both without cooldowns etc. I'm not retarded, been playing mage 5,5 years and this is just unexplainable.
    Still waiting for your proof good sir, still waiting for the proof.
    BfA Beta Time

When I'm done in raid I'll take pictures

15+ Year Old Account
    When I'm done in raid I'll take pictures
    I don't want pictures, I want a WoL parse at which I can compare the highest hit to the lowest hit, and so I can also use it to track CDs. Photoshop is easy, WoL is not.
    BfA Beta Time

CBA doing logs... I can post picture, and I obviously wouldn't photoshop, when I'm seeking help to my answer, as to which is best for raiding

sure there spell say 2 damage difference, but in actual testing, fireball hits harder and crits harder consistantly anywhere from 500-1k damage for me.

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 07:17 PM ----------

Percentages....let's see. They have identical cast times, identical coefficients, same damage increasing talents...yeah, you're not doing something right. Most often when people make claims that don't make sense like this, they see a large crit from one spell during cooldowns and record it then see a lower crit from another spell without cooldowns, record it and use it for comparison.
    If you care so much go test it yourself. im telling you what im seeing whiel trying both styles of gameplay, on the same target, with the same buffs. fireball is hitting harder. I know it is cuz i tried it, you go try it.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

15+ Year Old Account
    Pppppprrrrrrooooovvvvveeeeee iiiiiiiittttttt.
    BfA Beta Time

Pppppprrrrrrooooovvvvveeeeee iiiiiiiittttttt.
    proof your too lazy to go test it yourself. meh, i have no need, i knwo it works, i will be using that knowledge to better myself ingame and make the most of my class.

/shrug, hell only reason im in here trying to "reason" with you is because my wow has an error adn im reinstalling it. stupid launcher

but by all means, stay here and up your post count more while i go ingame and learn my class.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

15+ Year Old Account
    So you have proof, but don't want to post it because I'm asking for proof? Right, that would work great in any trial.

Judge: Defense, please show your evidence.
    Defense: Why? Because you're too lazy to go find my evidence for me? Pfft, the only reason I'm here is to get paid, I don't need no evidence for that.
    BfA Beta Time