Thread: haste/mastery

haste/mastery

does haste take priority over mastery? should we reforge all to haste until cap, then reforge mastery.
    That is of course if your hit capped?

it highly depends on your spec

When it comes to destro remember that immo now benefits from haste, that means conflag does aswell. This means that what used to be a cap for haste might be diffrent now.

And here comes my question: at which point does haste value fall behind mastery?

If hit capped:
    Destro - Haste > Mastery
    Afflic - Haste > Mastery
    Demo - Haste > Everything
    Last edited by harky; 2010-10-16 at 09:14 PM.

i heard haste cap is like 1200?
    I'm destro spec, hit capped, haste is at 880, mastery is at 12, i'm thinking i should reforge all that i had in mastery, into haste instead?

Also since we don't really get everything outta mastery till we hit 85 with gear?

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    If hit capped:
    Destro - Haste = Mastery
    EJ disagrees
    Warlock_401_Destruction Sta=0.0090 Int=4.3239 SP=3.0306 Hit=5.9050 Crit=2.4704 Haste=4.5237 Mastery=3.1306

I have 1300 haste and recently got black magic instead of spellpower on weapon, thats 250 haste on proc. Im still wondering at which point haste becomes less valueable than mastery [edit] or int for that matter.

Im running with 1038 haste rating atm, i find that reforging haste to mastery is a DPS loss however reducing my crit in favour of Mastery is a huge dps gain.
    Basically what i did is get the gem slots that give a good bonus with Haste/Int and Int/Hit gems, this pushed me to 17.15% hit chance aka capped.
    All gear that had Crit/Hit or Crit/haste I reforged the crit to mastery.
    I dont touch any of my haste. Changing some of my gear to max haste i found out that after 1200 haste is useless.

PVP i play destro and sometimes Demo both in a pve viable spec, here i changed all crit to haste since all i basically do is Instant soulfire Immolate conflag and soulburn. when i get the chance i Chaos bolt but my last 5 BG's i only used 12 Incinerates total.

Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post
    EJ disagrees
    Warlock_401_Destruction Sta=0.0090 Int=4.3239 SP=3.0306 Hit=5.9050 Crit=2.4704 Haste=4.5237 Mastery=3.1306
    Editted, thanks, I was using an outdated model it seems.

based on a HoT/haste breakdown chart I saw, I am shooting for 37.5% haste, whatever raw number that is. Renew and Rejuv both normally tick once every 3sec, and at about 12.5% haste (easy to get), they gain one tick, and at 37.5% haste they gain two ticks (somewhat harder to get, but obtainable). The next additional tick doesnt happen till 62.5% haste, and I am not worrying about shooting for that. Anyways, since many of the Lock DoTs also tick on a base 3sec level, I am extrapolating the graph below to the DoTs we use that also tick on a base 3sec level. If that's all wrong, I would love to see a similar graph made up for common DoTs.

I realize that haste trumps all for demo, and is strong for the other 2 specs, so it may not be a good idea to stop stacking it at 37.5%, but its something to consider if you are already at that level and want to play around with mastery or INT.

Anways, here is the graph:

http://typehforheals.com/wp-content/...reakpoints.png

edit: this is not quite right...cause the initial duration of the spell should factor into the equation. At 0 haste corruption was 6 ticks, once every 3sec for 18sec, and Immo was 5 ticks once every 3 for 15sec. At 35.65% haste Corr was at 8 ticks, once every 2.21, and Immo was 7 ticks, again once every 2.21. Not sure what it would take to get it down to 2sec ticks, but if that was obtainable, as least for Corr it would seem a sweet spot to hit.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2010-10-17 at 04:39 AM. Reason: testing

assuming you can use the 3sec tick time as the "cast time" to derive the haste needed to get the 2 sec tick time it'd need... oh durr 50% haste haha

(base cast time) / (1+(haste/100)) = (desire cast time)

3/1.5 = 2

for mathematical support

3/1.3565 = 2.21 (what your tick time is with 36.65% haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    assuming you can use the 3sec tick time as the "cast time" to derive the haste needed to get the 2 sec tick time it'd need... oh durr 50% haste haha

(base cast time) / (1+(haste/100)) = (desire cast time)

3/1.5 = 2

for mathematical support

3/1.3565 = 2.21 (what your tick time is with 36.65% haste)
    how do renew and rejuv start ticking at once every 2sec with only 37.5 haste then? their normal tick time is 3 sec base, same as corr, immo, UA, but their duration is only 12sec. Again, I think the initial duration needs to be considered, or the healer haste graph is completely wrong.

I should have been paying more attention to riptide, but never played a shammy. Riptide is a base 3sec tick and lasts for 15 sec, similar to the DOT portion of Immo and UA. So those two spells should get an extra tick at 30% haste and wouldnt get another until 50%. I will test to confirm this when I get a chance.

edit: So 18/2.21 is 8.144 ticks, which makes sense with the above testing. And since the game rounds up when considering haste and dot ticks, the next tick for corr should occur when there is enough haste for 8.5 ticks, or when ticks are occurring every 2.11 sec. So, and my math may be wrong here, but plugging in for the haste graph above would give another corr tick at about 42.1% haste, or about 1380 haste. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2010-10-17 at 01:39 PM. Reason: editing

I have high Mastery on my Demo lock and my Felguard averages 6k each hit with his Felstorm

i have about 1k haste with 17 mastery.. i think im doing ok as destro atm
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    how do renew and rejuv start ticking at once every 2sec with only 37.5 haste then? their normal tick time is 3 sec base, same as corr, immo, UA, but their duration is only 12sec. Again, I think the initial duration needs to be considered, or the healer haste graph is completely wrong.

I should have been paying more attention to riptide, but never played a shammy. Riptide is a base 3sec tick and lasts for 15 sec, similar to the DOT portion of Immo and UA. So those two spells should get an extra tick at 30% haste and wouldnt get another until 50%. I will test to confirm this when I get a chance.

edit: So 18/2.21 is 8.144 ticks, which makes sense with the above testing. And since the game rounds up when considering haste and dot ticks, the next tick for corr should occur when there is enough haste for 8.5 ticks, or when ticks are occurring every 2.11 sec. So, and my math may be wrong here, but plugging in for the haste graph above would give another corr tick at about 42.1% haste, or about 1380 haste. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Feel free to test for yourselves, but my math had me testing corr at these breakpoints:
    7 ticks at 8.3%
    8 ticks at 25%
    9 ticks at 42.1

I was able to switch gear around to stay just above and just below the first two breakpoints, so I can confirm that they appear to happen at about those points. I had to use a pot of speed to get above 42.1%, because my current gear wouldnt allow it, but I was getting 8 ticks at 35.65 and 9 ticks at just over 50%, maybe someone who has more inherent haste could more strongly confirm 9 ticks at 42.1%. For those who could achieve it, 10 ticks should happen at about 59%.

Immolate also seems to follow what has been said above, essentially the healer graph for riptide, and gets extra ticks at 10%, 30% and 50%.