Thread: Destro pvp

Destro pvp

Spec, glyphs, spells?

Have no clue what to do in destruction pvp now. Seems like there's so many spells now and I'm not sure what to use and more importantly where to keybind them, help!?

This is what i use:
    Spec: Everything but "Improved Searing Pain", "Burning Embers" and "Bane of Havoc". 5 Points in Demo, For "Fel Synergy" and "Demonic Embrace".

Glyphs: Conflagrate, Immolate and Shadowburn.

Spells: It really differs from class to class. However, heres a general idea. Since i run with succubus as standard, i firstly seduce. Then CoE->BoD-> Hardcast Soulfire / Immolate -> Shadowfury -> fear -> immolate/ Chaosbolt -> conflagrate -> incinerate / death coil -> incinerate -> fear-> immolate? -> conflagrate -> incinerate -> shadowfury -> Shadowburn?.

The most stupid thing you can do is try to apply the sequence i just made though. Everything after the first seduce is a variable that might change depending on the fight.

Other spells/utilities I often use in fights, but not as a mainspell: Teleport, Searing Pain, whiplash, Netherward, Shadowflame, Soulburn + soulfire, Singe Magic, Spell Lock, frostweave net, Rocketgloves, Nitroboots.

I would advice you to go outside the main city of your faction and look for duelling destrolocks though. You can learn a lot from that.

Deleted
    I really suggest using the Shadowflame glyph for 70% run speed reduction, it's really great against rogues/warriors/etc melee classes. Also, learn to use the teleport spell often, it's a great lifesaver.

As for pet.. well, I myself like to run with felhunter, but I suppose it comes down to your own playstyle and preferences. Imp is mostly useless in arena though, and voidwalker is just not as good as being able to CC someone or silence an opposing caster.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    I really suggest using the Shadowflame glyph for 70% run speed reduction, it's really great against rogues/warriors/etc melee classes. Also, learn to use the teleport spell often, it's a great lifesaver.

As for pet.. well, I myself like to run with felhunter, but I suppose it comes down to your own playstyle and preferences. Imp is mostly useless in arena though, and voidwalker is just not as good as being able to CC someone or silence an opposing caster.
    I'm sorry. I forgot major glyphs, hehe. They are really helpful to the way I play also, so I'll just list them all: Seuction, Soul Link, Shadowflame. Thnx for reminding me GayGirlie=)

For pets, as I said, I run with succubus as standard, but I like to change depending on the fight. For instance, I like to use imp vs shadowpriests if there are no dispellers around. I like to use felhunter vs healers, and perhaps voidy if I'm carrying a flag(this happens rarely though, I only pull it out if I feel I'm in for a pounding). The reason I just stated is also the reason why I dont advice you to open with a soulburn + soulfire, even for the hastebuff. Just because sometimes you have to switch a pet fast to adapt to the fight. Either hardcast it or soulburn it if you already have the correct pet out. As I stated in some other post, even though I have points into improved Soulfire, I rarely use it. If I do use soulburn+soulfire at the start, it is because I will be doing some heavy dmg afterwards, i.e. bring down a healer, kill the flag carrier etc.