Mongoose over Berserking?

How much more of a buff is it anyways? I would really hate to get all the bc mats to change my weapons for a slight improvement.

Agi = 2 ap. Mongoose is better.

Definitely go with Mongoose, due to the buff to both agility (2 AP per agi) and haste rating (now increases energy regen and bleed ticks).

I don't think the simple statement of Agility = 2 ap kind of helps the question.

In terms of how much better it is. Going off rough EP values from Aldriana. Agility = 2.8 and Haste = 2.2

Berzerking gives 400ap = 400EP
    Mongoose gives 120 Agility + 30 haste = (120*2.8 + 30*2.2) = 402EP

Not a major upgrade at all and you will still get away with using double Berzerking if you don't want to use the cash for old mats.

P.s That's Assuming Assassination. For combat, Mongoose jumps to 413.1EP Rating (Agility = 2.88 and Haste = 2.25).
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnosic View Post
    Definitely go with Mongoose, due to the buff to both agility (2 AP per agi) and haste rating (now increases energy regen and bleed ticks).
    Just to correct you and prevent misleading the OP.

Haste does not increase the rate at which bleeds tick. This has been confirmed by a blue (in warrior forums). The reason is because haste gives the additional benefit of resource replenishment for melee. Casters resources are not affected and thats why the rate of their DOTs and HOTs increase with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by jazza23 View Post
    I don't think the simple statement of Agility = 2 ap kind of helps the question.

In terms of how much better it is. Going off rough EP values from Aldriana. Agility = 2.8 and Haste = 2.2

Not a major upgrade at all and you will still get away with using double Berzerking if you don't want to use the cash for old mats.

P.s That's Assuming Assassination. For combat, Mongoose jumps to 413.1EP Rating (Agility = 2.88 and Haste = 2.25).
    Well, I'm mutilate, have been since the middle of 3.2 when I got an expertise trinket. If it's just a 1% increase in EP rating,I think I'll just stick with berserking.

Yeah, it's a very minor increase. I'm skeptical on switching for such a small increase when blizzard has nerffed older enchants that were being used before, I wouldn't be too surprised if Mongoose becomes too popular if it's reduced to say, 60 Agi when you're a high level similar to how Crusader is. But, maybe they'll just leave it for 4.0.1 since Cata enchants seem quite superior.

Deleted
    As both Assassination & Combat: yes.

Also consider that berserking lowers your armor, while mongoose buffs your dodge. So Mongoose is a lot nicer for when you pull aggro on trash/adds and, in december, levelling.

Deleted
    I'd have to say that, yeah, Mongoose is a nice choice, but lets not forget about old mats and old enchants. If the scroll is too expensive on your server (even more than Berserking), then choose Berserking. However, if its cheaper, then take Mongoose.
    And like how ppl said, its only a minor upgrade, it doesn't matter anyways, since its gonna be replaced in less than 2 months anyway :P

Deleted
    For those not able to afford the mongoose enchant. Run 1 or 2 BC heroics with an enchanter and you're good with the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    For those not able to afford the mongoose enchant. Run 1 or 2 BC heroics with an enchanter and you're good with the mats.
    This. Go two man Moroes and get the recipe and a ton of mats.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by jazza23 View Post

Keep in mind that, as you wrote, those are rough EP values. Given how close the enchants are valued we cannot actually say which one is better. There's no reason to go mongoose since it's just as likely that berserking is the superior enchant. E.g., if the EP of Agi was in reality 2.78 then berserking would beat mongoose.

so what really is better? would getting 120 agi x2 + the haste be better than 400ap x2? and yes i understand the importance of energy regen

Deleted
    From a pure EP pov: 120agi x2 + 60haste (804EP) > 400ap x2 (800EP). But like others have said already, it's better by very, very little amount.

what about Berserking=MH and Moongoose=OH ?

Isnt the proc rate of level 70 enchant lower then 80 lvl also ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    what about Berserking=MH and Moongoose=OH ?

Isnt the proc rate of level 70 enchant lower then 80 lvl also ?
    I have had Zerking MH and Mongoose OH since 3.2 as I had mats for mongoose and was too poor to afford another zerking, they have about the same amount of uptime as far as I can see.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

a notable buff, but not "oh my god I HAVE to change to this to be competitive" it's probably a 10 dps change per weapon at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.