Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post

I'll try to dig up the quote from GC that said the nerf was only to the pre execute phase. I swear I saw it the other night. Brb!

Edit:

Okay try this link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27187...f-oct-13-2010/

Shadow Priests – we lowered the damage of Shadow Word: Death, except when the target is at the 20% wounded state, at which point it will do full damage. We also fixed a bug where the energize from Masochism was causing too much threat. (This is just a clarification on the above note -- we have not nerfed it twice.)

Keep in mind the 20% was a typo on his part, and it has been shown by other's it is still at 25% it regains it's full strength. I believe Boubouille said, the changes he posted were in fact just the official releases of the previous hotfixes and not additional nerfs.
    Yes, that is the POST nerf damage. There were several rounds of nerfing. The value that GC is talking about here is the post nerf damage.

For example, When 4.0.1 went live my SWD was critting for 21k. Then there was a nerf and it was only critting for 17k. Then there was another nerf to the damage above the 25% mark, where now my SWD crits for 3.6k...but still crits for 17k when in execute range. (So you see that what GC meant by "full" damage is the damage after the FIRST nerf.)

Side note: Mind Blast also hits for about 20-25% less than it did when 4.0.1 went live.
    Side note #2: Devouring Plague hits for about 15-20% less than it did before 4.0.1 went live.
    Side note #3: SWD now hits for less than HALF pre-patch numbers when target is above 25% health.

I will burn your soul.

So I guess with Shadowy Apparition it would be a slight dps increase to move when you're using insta-cast spells like SWD, Sfiend, and DP, right?

Yes, and no. On paper, yes. In practice, no. Your latency will not tell the game you stopped moving as fast as you really have, so in reality you're delaying your next Mind Flay/Vampiric Touch even more, by moving.

For an increased "Chance" to proc Apparitions, it's just not worth it considering the damage they do.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~