Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW dating service

Is there any WoW dating service? I looked up e-armory (e-harmony) with no prevail. I would think with a community of 12 million blizz would have a way to help fellow WoW members find love. I mean how often do you finally admit to a lady (or lad) that you play and they criticize or leave you?
    Anyone heard of such a site?

I think we've all wondered this but probably felt too dorky to ask. I would love to find a site like that, not to date but just to have more friends that play wow

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63095

It's from the april fool's joke this year, but it's still funny.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

im pretty sure someone did a poll of 5000 players recently with it being 52% male and 48% female... so girls do play wow. I also know from personal experience hot girls play wow i had a few in my old pve guild believe it or not one even got married to a non wow player...

I doubt there's a dating service solely for WoW players. I've been seeing a lot of ads about this Geek2Geek website, though. My opinion of online dating is that it's rather silly and sad, however, it's up to you.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

My girlfriend plays WoW. Yes she's hot. No I'm not trolling.

I can't imagine such a thing would end well. Remember that lady that sold her body for a flying mount? Granted, 5k gold was a lot back in BC, but still.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

http://datecraft.com/ This was a site I ran into earlier this year. Has a lot of WoW players on it. I haven't done much with it since I'm not too interested in a relationship currently, but it may be helpful to those that do want one.

And yes, women do play WoW. Like half the population are women. They just don't say they are women because of harassment. Gaming, for whatever reason, has always traditionally been a "man's" world. Women are just now starting to enter it and being recognized as gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    go to any dating service and add to your description/likes/etc... that you play wow and would like to meet some one that does .... it seems simple to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.
    I feel I must inform you that leaving the house to meet people or even live breathing girls ^^ is not a requirement. I've managed to get girls to come to my place from the other side of the world on more than one occasion. Some I've met on WoW and others on IRC. (And yes they were girls :P)

How romantic would it be to sit and wait at home while some electronic service finds me a suitable mate? Gee I can't wait to how this helps me grow and develop as a person.
    Last edited by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve; 2010-10-17 at 03:30 AM. Reason: bananas

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    How romantic would it be to sit and wait at home while some electronic service finds me a suitable mate? Gee I can't wait to how this helps me grow and develop as a person.
    1 out of 5 people that get married met on the Internet.
    Not that romantic but neither is meeting her at a club with her booty all over your crotch. Or drunk at a bar

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    Not that romantic but neither is meeting her at a club with her booty all over your crotch. Or drunk at a bar
    ......this is why I'm single! Well that and me being a terrible person, but thats clearly not my fault.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Funny enough I happen to be in /d/ at the moment, nothing there but guys and girls that love futa. I'm sure they'd love ya, very roughly, until dawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am so sick of hearing that women don't play wow. I'm a chick myself and I've met enough female WoW players for a date every day of the week. Now if only my husband would agree to that. LOL. He's to afraid I'll meet a better dps than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Salarius View Post
    I am so sick of hearing that women don't play wow. I'm a chick myself and I've met enough female WoW players for a date every day of the week. Now if only my husband would agree to that. LOL. He's to afraid I'll meet a better dps than him.
    It's because women don't advertise that they are indeed women.
    I can't tell you how many times people will join my guilds vent and start hitting on the ladies in our guild. Just think to myself "wow... Wtf is this guy doing? Must not meet ladies often IRL"

15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously applaud you for your efforts OP. Much of luck to you in finding the girl of your dreams.
    There was a site once that I registered to more as like WoW Facebook. But Google Search World of Warcraft Dating. Some actually do come up that again are like Facebook for warcraft.
    Could also prod around in Faces of WoW and find a good lookin bird find her in game name and go talk.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    Romance is dead. I know more than one couple who've met on line and made it work better than "real" couples and been more interesting people. Of course there's lots of ways to meet new people generally it works best when you meet through something in common, a friend, an interest. WoW is an interest, if anything I'd say it's a better place to find someone than that club. Well assuming you want a relationship and not a random hookup or, you're not one of those people who actually likes those ghastly places. If you like that shit, then good luck to you. I like my local bar, I've actually started making friends down there, but all the best women are taken and the rest are up boring, humourless up themselves twats. Still at least I don't have to watch people dragging their drunken "booty" over some guy's crotch while dreary music pounds my brain cells into suicide.

In fact, wow is a fine place to meet other halves, because you HAVE something in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I've been single for 5 years, because people dont want a chick with a dick.
    It's a pretty niche audience, let's be honest. Pick up a copy of bizzare or something like, get reading, there's probably events listed which have a much higher density of people like you and those interested in you than you would find in most other places. Sometimes you just have to choose between sex and being yourself, though I like to think that in this big wide, messed up world, there is something for everyone.

And on another subject, it's always funny to say "there's no women on the internet". It's a good sense of humour check, I know at least one person who finds that statement offense rather than just laughs at how stupid it is. Of course it's a stupid statement, but it's based in some truth, due to the rise of attention whores it's always best to assume they're a 40 year old man until sufficient proof is provided. I've been on at least one run with a friend who was pretending to be a girl and some random guy thought he was getting lucky. Oh how we laughed on vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Salarius View Post
    To make you feel better, my old raid guild back in classic had like 22/40 primary raid slots as women. They used to kick the shit out of the guys on dps and they were our tanks as well. Better gamer is a better gamer

---------- Post added 2010-10-17 at 04:38 AM ----------

Besides..anyone who says meeting online is sad is kinda delusional and selling into the stereotype. How again is meeting a girl online that you know for a fact you have shared interests and a hobby in common worse than pickin up some drunk chick at a bar and sneaking in your number...?

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    To make you feel better, my old raid guild back in classic had like 22/40 primary raid slots as women. They used to kick the shit out of the guys on dps and they were our tanks as well. Better gamer is a better gamer

---------- Post added 2010-10-17 at 04:38 AM ----------

Besides..anyone who says meeting online is sad is kinda delusional and selling into the stereotype. How again is meeting a girl online that you know for a fact you have shared interests and a hobby in common worse than pickin up some drunk chick at a bar and sneaking in your number...?
    Rule 1) after you're done with drunk girl/guy get them a taxi asap
    Rule 2) unless she is extremely hot don't give her your number (don't make this decision while intoxicated)