Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    lolowned

to clarify the false information he tried to post (and i havent read up on it much, so this is the best of what i remember), cataclysm will bring better integration with SLI / CF setup to actually equally utilize each card, but as of now (maybe 4.0.1 changed this?) in order to use more than one card, the first card must be maxed out, and only then will the "spill" get dumped onto the additional card. so yes, SLI/CF works fine, but it isnt a really optimal setup to be using.

*I don't run SLI/CF, so i dont pay attention to it, so if any of this is wrong please correct me
    when i check my cards when running wow in CF only one card is being used.

when i activate DX11 it`s the same thing, but this time it laggs like hell and makes the game unplay able. i have a friend who is using 2x gtx 460 and the same thing happens to him, when he activates SLI in DX11...... in normal mode only on card is running wow for him too.

i hope when cata hits, they will finaly implant a working SLI/CF config as they say in blue post
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    to clarify the false information he tried to post (and i havent read up on it much, so this is the best of what i remember), cataclysm will bring better integration with SLI / CF setup to actually equally utilize each card, but as of now (maybe 4.0.1 changed this?) in order to use more than one card, the first card must be maxed out, and only then will the "spill" get dumped onto the additional card. so yes, SLI/CF works fine, but it isnt a really optimal setup to be using.

*I don't run SLI/CF, so i dont pay attention to it, so if any of this is wrong please correct me
    To clarify your information. The fact that there is zero in game support for SLI/CF does not mean it does not benefit from it. I don't personally run CF but I do know from using SLI and using the nVidia control panel you can configure it to utilize BOTH cards. This can be verified via either EVGA precision or MSI afterburner. Actually any application that can monitor GPU usage but those are two of the most popular. The thread that was posted by that user, whom was not me, actually shows back a blue poster stating the game can use SLI configurations and benefit from it. Just because the game does not have a little check box or slide bar in the video options does not mean the drivers can't force settings on it. It's a well known fact that you can force a game via the nVidia control panel to use certain settings and override in game. One of the most important key things in doing the settings via nVidia control panel is to turn off CUDA on both cards to help boost performance. As WoW does not utilize CUDA or better known as the Physixs engine. If you were not aware of this then I seriously suggest reading up on SLI.

15+ Year Old Account
    did you notice the part where i said i dont run sli? nor nvidia cards for that matter? sure there's always a way around something but by default, WoW will not equalize the load over each card.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will not but your nVidia drivers will. Using AFR via nVidia CP evens the load. So you saying false information without having prior knowledge or RL experience with it does not hold much value. I never did say WoW supported it in game though did I? I set my system up and even monitored it with EVGA precision while raiding shows me that my GPU load is equally split. It's nice that EVGA precision supports the G15/G19 keyboards so I can use my LCD to watch as I'm raiding. Come Cata the game engine is going to do it better but right now SLI users rely on driver support only.

15+ Year Old Account
    did you notice the part where i said i dont run sli? nor nvidia cards for that matter? sure there's always a way around something but by default, WoW will not equalize the load over each card.
    I've heard mixed reports in the Cataclysm beta. I haven't heard too much in 4.0.1, though, aside from the people having CrossFire driver issues. Some people in the beta have said they've seen load balancing. Others have said that it's the same as pre-4.0.1 WoW (uses 1 card and presumably would spill on to the second once the first is at 100% utilization). I don't have an SLI or CrossFire setup to test, so I can't say what's what. I do know, though, that Blizzard isn't officially supporting SLI or CrossFire, so it might end up being driver tweaks (or even specific driver versions) that allows WoW to properly load balance.

Pretty much, it's all speculation (for now) since it seems to work for some and not others.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently when I play beta I get on average what I was on live. I have not done 25 man raids on beta but questing and 5 mans it's the same as live. Even in the now heavily populated and massive sized Orgrimmar I still get excellent FPS. On beta I do have the settings a little higher but still not on ultra. I see improvements on my system but that does not mean everyone will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookii View Post
    Currently when I play beta I get on average what I was on live. I have not done 25 man raids on beta but questing and 5 mans it's the same as live. Even in the now heavily populated and massive sized Orgrimmar I still get excellent FPS. On beta I do have the settings a little higher but still not on ultra. I see improvements on my system but that does not mean everyone will.
    Are you running an SLI/CrossFire configuration? If you are, are your cards load balancing properly? If they are, what cards are they and what driver version are you using? I ask out of curiosity, since some say yes and some say no. It might be interesting to see if there's any common links, though I'm sure we do not have a large enough sample size to say anything for certain.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have assumed you've read most my previous posts and knew that I said I ran two GTS 250s in SLI with AFR as I wouldn't talk about something I've yet to try and setup without doing my own research. As for driver it's the current official release from nVidia which was 260.99. I know they are load balancing properly as it's easy to monitor that with EVGA precision software.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have assumed you've read most my previous posts and knew that I said I ran two GTS 250s in SLI with AFR as I wouldn't talk about something I've yet to try and setup without doing my own research. As for driver it's the current official release from nVidia which was 260.99. I know they are load balancing properly as it's easy to monitor that with EVGA precision software.
    A little defensive? I thought I worded my post well enough to show that I was just asking for information, not questioning your setup.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could have easily read in the posts just a few up from my last that I said exactly what you had asked. You're taking it as defensive and I'm wording it as I thought you read every post and never missed one. At least I recall you saying that before in a thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could have easily read in the posts just a few up from my last that I said exactly what you had asked. You're taking it as defensive and I'm wording it as I thought you read every post and never missed one. At least I recall you saying that before in a thread.
    Yep. I read every thread checking for name calling, trolling, etc. That doesn't mean I retain every detail of every thread ever written in this forum. It's asinine to believe that, in fact.

Now, you can either continue to take jabs at me, catch me at the wrong time, and get banned again. Or you can go back to being a normal forum poster. Your choice.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How have I broken any rules? You are being hypocritical as I saw you in another thread call a user an idiot. Have I done that? No I have not. Please get off your high horse.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...before-posting)

sorry, it was weird. i stumbled upon this thread a while ago, probably around the first day i joined, and unlike some people actually read through it.

To be constructive: @OP get the i5-760. it's been stated before, but it's their "top-line" processor. whether you plan on overclocking it or not it is a solid processor and will run wow perfectly fine if you have a half-decent video card. if you cant afford or dont want to spend the extra money, get the i5-750; it's the predecessor to the 760 and you probably wont notice a performance difference between the two.

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 05:35 PM ----------

How have I broken any rules? You are being hypocritical as I saw you in another thread call a user an idiot. Have I done that? No I have not. Please get off your high horse.
    my search for 'idiot' by Cilraaz returned no results, sorry to disappoint
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...before-posting)

sorry, it was weird. i stumbled upon this thread a while ago, probably around the first day i joined, and unlike some people actually read through it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 05:35 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

my search for 'idiot' by Cilraaz returned no results, sorry to disappoint
    First part, yes I know the rules. It was implying however that I have not broke them with this conversation. Second part is he inferred another user, zenkai or whatever it was, was an idiot and I quote this "I'm sorry that you don't understand how computers work." from his actual reply. This is not constructive in any way is it? Sorry you're going to have to try better. I responded to him and assumed he read the previous post. I was not negative although he took it that way. I even answered the question again for him. Someone else is being super defensive not me.