Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the best tip I can give is, Don't die.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

As Shadow - focus Anzu normal, if the adds spawn, nuke with holy nova = win

Killed him 3 Times and got the mount <3

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Bisso;9138230]I actualy have more trouble with the Ravenguards than the boss lol.

This!

Quote Originally Posted by 06icb View Post
    do you need to be honored to get the key to enter hc's? cant log on to check..
    Honored with lower city to enter hc mod

As retri everything is easy exept..... ye you guessed it, raved guards. Tho poping wings and Hammer them makes it much easier

Easily soloed as my demo offspec on my lock. Ravenguard pairs were much, much harder than the boss.

Pretty scared to try this on my priest. Was thinking smite/atonement might be pretty easy, holy nova for the adds.

Need to get honored with lower city first, tho : /

I see you having more issues with the Sethekk Ravenguards. You'll find 2 pairs of them on your way to Anzu, and they hit like a small truck full of bricks.

Anzu himself should be easy. Between glyphed Disperse, dmg mitigation from shadow form and self-healing you'll be fine. Just don't cast at all when you're cursed.

Deleted
    I felt like adding some priest tips, especially as Holy barely gets mentioned as a possible spec for soloing stuff. Personally, I find it easier to use than Discipline since the patch.

I solo'd this as a Holy priest two times now. Most trashpacks can be avoided, if you wish, by clever use of Mind Soothe and sneaking past. For the Ravenguards I use Lightwell + Holy Nova spam. Keep Renew up on yourself as well, if you wish. You can also try nuking one at a time, but I found I took more damage if I allowed one of the Ravenguards to enrage on me. Versus other groups, activate Smite Chakra and burn them down one at a time, keeping Lightwell nearby if you take too much damage.

For Anzu, once again, Lightwell is an asset, as you can heal yourself with it during spellbombs and just wait for them to wear off. Try keeping Smite Chakra up and DoT and Smite him down, using Holy Nova on the packs of birds.

Perhaps it is fair to mention that I'm mostly in 277 gear and using Althor's Abacus + Val'anyr, which helps cushion the damage on yourself even more, but I'm sure even without those things it is very doable. Remember, Lightwell is your friend, it loves you!

well thx for the hunter and warrior input .... but this is the priest forum lol

anyway , yeah , i solo'd him as shadow also

Is it just me or mindear was hitting for shitty aoe on the adds ? Like 2.5k tick for 6-7 targets ( like a 400 damage tick per target ). Next time ill try holy nova instead

Keep your shadowfiend for after the 2nd banish phase (at 33% ) for the aggro dump (with fade) and mana regen. You can throw a 1 sec Hymn of hope too ... just too boost your mana pool and have more mana back for the pet

It's doable but its more a challenge than on my bear.

PS.I didnt try renew on the helpers ... maybe that helps ?
    Last edited by Spasme; 2010-10-17 at 10:37 PM. Reason: renew question

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo'ed today. Disc priest w/ 6098 gear score. Boss is easy Holy Fire/Smite shield yourself. Holy Nova when he banishes. Don't Die :P

Ravenguards are the hardest part about the instance. You might wanna think about popping your Barrier/Pain Supression with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure how hard the ravenguards hit a clothie, but just keep in mind when one of them dies, the other enrages... so its usually better to kill them both at the same time

Deleted
    he will place 2 different debuffs on you:
    The first one looks like a curse of doom, it will stun you periodicly. Try to cast instants. It will interupt casted spells

The second one is more lethal. It will knock you down every time you try cast a spell burning mana and health. It lasts 8 sec and in this time you must not do ANYHING...just wait.

Every time weakend soul goes off, refresh a shield and heal yourself with Vamp. Embrance. If that shouldnt be enough healing Shield + PoM + Renew while you have that stun-debuff

ooooh, and try to kill the ravenguards simultaniously. If the first one dies, the second one goes big and red ;-)

So this is an intended change, not a glitch? And has anyone seen the mount drop since patch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    So this is an intended change, not a glitch? And has anyone seen the mount drop since patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asurasa View Post
    Killed him 3 Times and got the mount <3
    me too ;-)

Also, there is no trash in his room anymore

Anzu is indeed easier than the Ravenguards. As shadow, I do nothing special at anzu, just nuke him, and shadow word: pain the adds and run around. They get killed by the pain and apparitions only in the meantime before he comes back at you.
    For ravenguards I let the manafiend tank the one and kill the other easily, then pick the enraged one off and nuke him fast.

Deleted
    I just did it as disc, only challenging part is the trash before hand.
    Just keep Shield up, POM and holyfiresmite all the way.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very easy to solo as Shadow.

1) Trash:

Only the Ravenguards hit a bit hard. The trick is to use shadowfiend, fade then nuke both. They'll die without you getting hit at all. Rest of the trash can either be avoided or are a non-event anyways.

2) On the boss:

- Boss Phase -> Nuke him, keep shield up.

- Add Phase -> Holy Nova the adds. That will kill them all easily and it will heal you enough to keep you at 100% health. Make sure to move away from the boss so you have time to pop back in shadowform, shield up and dot him when he comes out of immune phase.

At anytime you get in trouble, pop shadowfiend and fade. That will keep boss busy for a while and allow you to go out of shadowform, heal up, go back in shadow and go nuking.

You can also put shield up and hit dispersion. Your dots should heal you up for some during that time.

Make sure to watch your debuffs so you don't burn yourself out of mana with the backlash thingy.

Killed him 3 times already, never wiped. Never even got under 50% health.

Make sure to kill the last boss too. The drops will net you an easy 20-30g worth of stuff if you vendor it and it takes an additional 30 seconds (no trash).

I didn't even know the encounter and I had 0 issues soloing it. Nuke the boss while he's up, and instead of Mind Searing the adds, throw SW:P on them while they're still in the air. (Just tab target through them and put it on each one) Neither the boss nor the adds hit very hard at all. You really only need to watch out for the debuff he casts that damages you whenever you cast a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Only the Ravenguards hit a bit hard. The trick is to use shadowfiend, fade then nuke both. They'll die without you getting hit at all. Rest of the trash can either be avoided or are a non-event anyways.
    You go through at least 3 sets of Ravenguards...so unless you want to wait for Shadowfiend to come off CD every time, you can just DoT them both and nuke. I didn't use Shadowfiend at all and I didn't have any trouble killing them, never even went below 75% HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    You go through at least 3 sets of Ravenguards...so unless you want to wait for Shadowfiend to come off CD every time, you can just DoT them both and nuke. I didn't use Shadowfiend at all and I didn't have any trouble killing them, never even went below 75% HP.
    There are a few trash packs that you can't avoid. With Sin & Punishment, it will lower the cooldown of your shadowfiend and it should be up before you even get to the next set of ravenguards.

Haven't tried dotting the adds. I just holy nova them all and pop back in shadowform. That way, I can even ignore the debuff.

I did it with PVE gear, and had zero problems. Just Holy Nova the 2 bird phases and it will be fine. I even casted when I had Spell Bomb and didn't die. IMO, this is easier than the ZG Raptor boss, lol.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Very easy to solo as Shadow.

1) Trash:

If you have T10 level gear, then this is completely unnecessary. Just put PWS up before the pull VT/DP/SWP [tab] VT/SWP/MB/MF and they should both drop before your PWS even breaks.

I will burn your soul.

I just solo'd Anzu the other night as Shadow. My gear isn't stellar, probably average ilvl is 240.

Getting to Anzu wasn't too difficult, especially considering we can use Shackle Undead on some of the mobs. Some the melee mobs hit really hard (Sethekk Ravenguard), so it's good to have the Glyph of Inner Fire for the extra armor and Psychic Horror to disarm them.

Anzu himself isn't too difficult, just have to watch for the part he turns magic against you. It's good to draw him near a corner while his actively fighting you and not banished. Then when he summons the birds, fight them in the opposite corner. Giving you some distance from Anzu for when he unbanishes.

The birds were the hardest part of the fight for me. I tried AoE'ing them with Mind Sear then even Holy Nova. Neither worked well and I died several times. What worked best was dotting them all with SW:Pain. Then running around you can call Apparitions to spawn if you have the talent. That wipes them out pretty fast and gives you time to heal up as Anzu starts coming after you again.

Good luck!
    Last edited by sc2071; 2010-10-19 at 08:18 AM.