I do kind of expect ridiculous plot holes in a show about a zombie apocalypse. The whole idea is that everything is FUBAR, and that Murphy's Law reigns supreme.

It's not like Breaking Bad which at least lives in this universe and might be a plausible (if someone psychotic) outcome of a poor chemistry teacher getting cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I do kind of expect ridiculous plot holes in a show about a zombie apocalypse. The whole idea is that everything is FUBAR, and that Murphy's Law reigns supreme.

It's not like Breaking Bad which at least lives in this universe and might be a plausible (if someone psychotic) outcome of a poor chemistry teacher getting cancer.
    Except that they actually said in Talking Dead that they tried to make the scene as realistic as possible because there's already a large jump in realistic expectation because of theme of the show.

Well then, they've totally failed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Season 3 was terrible, I think I've seen 2 people that said it was better than the previous seasons. It was full of fillers and pointless arguments that were portrayed like they meant something, 1 and 2 were far superior.
    Put it this way, if season 1 had the quality of season 3 then I wouldn't be watching TWD today, neither would a lot of people because it was simply a borefest.
    Viewers doesn't mean everything, quite the opposite (Everybody Loves Raymond had like 50 million viewers for it's finale, does that mean it's better than Breaking Bad, Dexter, GoT etc etc? ). 1 and 2 put TWD on the table and people caught up by watching them as they didn't know about the show beforehand, therefore their views aren't counted when the original episodes aired, but now the show is bigger and the people that caught up watched all of season 3 so it's going to have higher viewers. The same people are likely willing to give season 4 a chance, too (me included). But if this season is similar to season 3 then I guarantee you that the show will drop in viewers and popularity because the show is becoming a joke to a lot of people.
    you are kidding yourself if you think season 3 was worse than season 2.

season 2 was pretty much all filler with almost no character development or plot progression. you're probably just pissy that the governor wasnt killed in the finale but a bad finale does not make a bad season

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, they should have just shown a weak, eroded roof or something similar. Then there wouldn't be all this fuss.
    they did, the roof was leaking and had severe water damage. you guys need to watch the talking dead, they explain things lots of people miss, they said they specifically put in a scene where the roof was leaking to show it was damaged
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    season 2 was pretty much all filler with almost no character development or plot progression. you're probably just pissy that the governor wasnt killed in the finale but a bad finale does not make a bad season
    That is the definition of season 3... nothing happened at all and every episode was boring. Only good bit was when Darryl had to kill Merle.

they did, the roof was leaking and had severe water damage. you guys need to watch the talking dead, they explain things lots of people miss, they said they specifically put in a scene where the roof was leaking to show it was damaged
    I said JUST a damaged roof, the helicopter was more than overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are still on the whole roof thing? Drop it already...

I hope the first group the Patrick-zombie goes after are his kiddie friends. I hate Carl with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't know much about buildings, but 2 years is nothing, and fuel wouldn't have a corrosive effect, as to weather, how many roofs have you seen fall down due to some bad weather? Lets not make excuses, its a weak way to add in some action.

Do people seriously, get worked up about this crap? OMG, all the characters are still managing to get regular haircuts so they all don't look like bigfoot it's so unrealistic it totally ruins the immersion.

If they had had zombies wander into the building the same people would be like gee wandering zombies like I've never seen that before way to phone it in Walking Dead, you could at least try and do something unique and different.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the definition of season 3... nothing happened at all and every episode was boring. Only good bit was when Darryl had to kill Merle.
    I'm not sure you watched season three. I think it is totally fair to say the action sucked or the season sucked, however, I don't really like it is very accurate to say "nothing happened at all."

you are kidding yourself if you think season 3 was worse than season 2.

Believe it or not, people can have different opinions. I much preferred season 2 over 3 myself. Michonne sucks, hallucinating Rick sucked, Carl trying to be an adult sucked, the focus on people against people and how bad humanity can be instead of zombies sucked, having no Shane sucked, and so on. And I find it amusing that you can possibly think character development was better in 3. Everyone was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    In other news... Please kill off all the kids. I'm already sensing there'll be Carl QQ with the kids and I really, really, really don't want to spend an episode having to explore Junior High drama.
    I hope they don't go down that road. The one thing I hate about the comics is that Kirkman, at least to me comes off as a total sadist. You can pretty much count on the fact that the moment that someone is becomes happy that Kirkman is going to kill them or the person they care about. i.e. Glen most recently, and to make it real kick in the teeth make Maggie pregnant as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Seasons 3 was the best so far simply because Andrea finally died. That is all that matters.
    Oddly enough I hated Andera until season 3 and then I thought she was one of the best characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Believe it or not, people can have different opinions. I much preferred season 2 over 3 myself. Michonne sucks, hallucinating Rick sucked, Carl trying to be an adult sucked, the focus on people against people and how bad humanity can be instead of zombies sucked, having no Shane sucked, and so on. And I find it amusing that you can possibly think character development was better in 3. Everyone was the same.
    I liked season one in the sense that the show was cutting edge and quite frankly a little bit scary. Season two was ok, but seriously lacked in action (damn you Man Men for stealing Walking Dead's budget.) Season three was fairly good, but the character development was just painful the watch, epically the insane Rick, badass Carl, and whinny Lori trifecta.
    Last edited by Wyattbw09; 2013-10-16 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I'm not sure you watched season three. I think it is totally fair to say the action sucked or the season sucked, however, I don't really like it is very accurate to say "nothing happened at all."
    Hmm, you can think that if you want, but I watched every episode the day after it premiered in the States after being an avid fan of seasons 1 and 2. In regards to moments that really made you think "DAMN!" I think it's true. I was never really blown away by anything in season 3, the only thing that comes to mind is the gun fight with the Governor, but even that progressively turned lame as he was an aimbot to start with and afterwards stood there like the terminator missing every shot.
    Seasons 1 and 2 had me hooked, I watched every episode after another in a matter of days. Season 3 bored me and actually had me debating to stop watching the show (I normally find it stupid to leave it after 1 bad season, but that's how much I hated it). A lot of things stick out to me when I think about 1 and 2, when I think about 3 it's just boredom and fillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Do people seriously, get worked up about this crap? OMG, all the characters are still managing to get regular haircuts so they all don't look like bigfoot it's so unrealistic it totally ruins the immersion.
    I don't know why you would get worked up over someone else's discussion, that being said, scissors man, they like totally cut hair and stuff.

As to the other posts about the kids, I want them gone, I am no sadist but I really can't be doing with kiddy drama.

i agree the kids need to die.

YA CARL IVE TOTALLY SEEN A WALKER TURN OH MEH GAWD

might as well just have lsp as a character
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree the kids need to die.

YA CARL IVE TOTALLY SEEN A WALKER TURN OH MEH GAWD

might as well just have lsp as a character
    Yeah no doubt we'll hear a sob story about her mum turning on her or something.

i hope the kids die a gruesome death and carl gets to kill them!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Carl angle is interesting, but only because of how it affects Rick. Not sure if people are realizing that he's basically trying to be a pseudo pacifist because he saw how messed up Carl was turning out. While the carl specific pieces are kinda...meh...it's the overall effect on Rick that makes it worthwhile.

It's why he's going to set traps without weapons, why he took a backseat on leadership, why he's telling him to go do kiddy things, etc. It's actually a great juxtaposition that Rick feels he needs to retreat into non agression for his child when other people, namely Carol, feel like kids need to be honed into survival mode asap.

I've never really cared for Carol as a character, but I must say when looking back over the last few seasons they have developed her very steadily and rather well. I expect her demise is imminent.
    BAD WOLF

Hallelujah!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

^ NICE Im glad I could watch it online Monday, Missed it Sunday hehe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of the few people that dislikes this show.

If it were done on HBO and the dialogue was a little more realistic, I'm sure it could be better.

People who have been fighting zombies for a year don't wake up with perfect hair and gleaming white teeth - guys who get their leg cut off in a prison after getting bitten don't survive - zombies which move at the speed of mammal evolution and seem to have zero AI took over the world? Really? - you can cut off their limbs and disembowel them but jam anything into their heads and they die instantly - one of the characters got stabbed in the eye, they show a cut screen and come back and it's a different eye, then go back and it's the first eye that got injured - no one noticed this? - the acting is wooden, the dialogue is forced at times - some of the actors seem to fight what they are being forced to say and the story had gigantic holes in it - not to mention the fact that everyone has guns that can shoot an unlimited amount of ammo...

It's not just bad to me, it's really campy bad - I was watching it the other night and laughed a few times, it was that awful.

Not trying to be a negative voice in this post (no offense to you die hard fans) - just seeing if I'm the only one that really doesn't like this show.

Funny thing is I geek out hard over end of the world pics - I loved 28 days later and have read 'the Stand' 4 or 5 times... I'm a huge GoT fans so you think this type of violent show would appeal to me. It doesn't, not even a little bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    I'm one of the few people that dislikes this show.
    I loved it till the end of the last season, then i lost all interest. The govenor getting away just made me completely lose all interest for the show, i tried watching the newest episode and i didn't find it enjoyable at all.

I'll keep watching and hope it improves in someway but as it stands i don't enjoy it anymore.