10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    I had that thought too, but like someone else said earlier, the way Maggie reacted to it was like it was someone she knew. She bashed one in the head when going out to look for Lori after Carl had been shot with no problem and watched Daryl shoot it afterwards.
    That's a good point. I forgot how she clubbed that one zombie without any fear or disgust. Maybe the well zombie knew he was screwed when he was bitten or whatever, but was too afraid to shoot himself, so he said goodbye to the farm family and left so he wouldn't hurt them... then maybe jumped into the well... maybe...?

Deleted
    So 4 episodes down and this shows has become a modern day Waltons, I was actually Bored watching episode 4 & did we have to watch her take a pregnancy test?

Please just find that little girl and move on...They are really Stretching the Story out

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Even the writers forget their own story. We need water, let's forget the big truck with gallons and gallons of water and go find some in a well with a zombie.
    REALLY ? lol.

Even without the threat of being attacked by zombies along the way, who in their right mind would drive a couple miles to get a drink when you have a faucet a couple feet away ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    REALLY ? lol.

Even without the threat of being attacked by zombies along the way, who in their right mind would drive a couple miles to get a drink when you have a faucet a couple feet away ?
    you would seriously drink water where zombies were hanging around rather than water that is untouched. they go running around the forest looking for that useless kid but they won't get go back for a necessity of life, water?

good writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I don't think that would work. Once they realized there was nothing to eat they would continue after the people running.
    Could be just a stall really, get another 10 - 15 feet between them and the pack of em and they could have both made it.

REALLY ? lol.

Why should they use water that is already packed away and ready to be mobile when there are 5 wells on the property. It also should have been obvious to just close the well up to begin with, that zombie must have bled, shit, pissed and drooled in that well for at least a solid week. How you would think that the water is not infected is beyond me.
    Last edited by Muraza; 2011-11-09 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    How you would think that the water is not infected is beyond me.
    Yeah, cuz whenever someone goes to drink out of a faucet, their first thought is "gee, maybe I shouldn't drink this... there could be a zombie in the wellwater".

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they know they have 13 episodes to work with so why should we work really hard on the beginning... hopefully well see the drama end they move on out of the farm and into adventure again lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. I'm thinking they created the sophia situation and some other stuff to drag the story on.. they increased the episodes and cut the budget.. they have to take that into account when making the show.

As far as Shane goes though.. Not sure if I like how he went from depressed because he thought he finally had the chick he loved and it was ruined, to straight up murder. I mean up until then I felt for the guy. He wasn't wrong for making a move.. and from that one scene with lori outside the school to pick up carl it almost sounds like she doesnt even want rick.

K..that sounds wicked soap operaish.. also they do need more zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of all the moping and crying around the kids' bed. We get it. He's hurt. He might not make it. Stop with the wringing of the hands and the crying to fill a quarter of the last three episodes.

Also... tired of searching for Sophia. It really does seem like filler... and yes, I hated the pregnancy test thing and Glenn and Maggie in the drugstore. I realize it is character development, but it is not at all interesting. See Boardwalk Empire (or just about any other HBO show) for lessons on interesting character development.

On the other hand, I loved the effects with the well walker, and the preview for the next episode... MERLE! Am also loving the foreshadowing concerning the barn full o' zombies. Looking forward to that bit, when all hell should break loose.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think viewers need to just be patient. Again its what.. episode 4 of 13 this season? This is what serialized television is.

Plus, there should be a big climax soon. Walking dead season is cut in half. Nov 27th then a 2 month break till February.

I think viewers need to just be patient. Again its what.. episode 4 of 13 this season? This is what serialized television is.

Plus, there should be a big climax soon. Walking dead season is cut in half. Nov 27th then a 2 month break till February.
    Wait, what? They are taking a break halfway through the season? They should of just kept it to 6-7 episodes then. lol
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    Wait, what? They are taking a break halfway through the season? They should of just kept it to 6-7 episodes then. lol
    Acording to the episode guide on wikipedia, yes. Nov 27th to Feb 12th.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal..._2%29#Episodes

Oh and post 10,000 for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    AMC generally (always?) does half-seasons for premiere series... feels like a tease when they hook you, but at least they commit and they get long runs out of their shows.

AMC's about the only non-premium channel I actually give a !@#$ about what they air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, cuz whenever someone goes to drink out of a faucet, their first thought is "gee, maybe I shouldn't drink this... there could be a zombie in the wellwater".
    lol i giggled. They found the zombie in there and then tried to remove him for the well without killing it so the water would not become infected, as if it was not infected with it dwelling down there for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account

So true. You can really tell right now who the fans of good drama are and who just likes to see zombies getting smashed.

All of this stuff at the farm is setting the stage for some serious conflict. These "boring" episodes give you time to better know the characters. Good shows depend on good characters and that takes a little time. It is also why I love series format over movies. Character development is best when done naturally and not rushed. I like seeing characters evolve over time. One reason I find Breaking Bad so amazing. That show has a ton of "boring" episodes that set up plot lines.

Boring/slow episodes are essential to produce a great show. If you want non-stop action this show really is not for you, despite the zombies.

Name some movies that were non-stop action and had a story worth a shit, besides Young Guns that is.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    In the talking dead show, someone asked why there isnt any fat zombies. The hosts seemed to have a difficult time answering the question, but it seems pretty obvious to me. Fat people would be the first people to die obviously, so the fact that they can't runaway fast enough means they are eaten. Most people that turn into zombies would have been bitten and then escaped, but if you obviously aren't capable of escaping, then you are devoured entirely. Hence, no fat zombies.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2011-11-12 at 02:23 AM.

Also tired of the Sophia thing being dragged on.

The thing that annoys me the most though is how fast the zombie's move depending on the situation. When they were being chased in the school the zombie's were practically running after them in the hall. Other times you can escape them by walking slightly fast. Just a pet peeve I guess because movies and tv have used this to create suspense since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. At first I didn't mind them trying to find Sophia and such, but at this point I really want to know she is either dead or alive because I am tired of how long this is dragging on.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Yep, sick of hearing about her. I hope they find her, but she's been bit, and they have to end up killing her anyways.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zif View Post
    Also tired of the Sophia thing being dragged on.

The thing that annoys me the most though is how fast the zombie's move depending on the situation. When they were being chased in the school the zombie's were practically running after them in the hall. Other times you can escape them by walking slightly fast. Just a pet peeve I guess because movies and tv have used this to create suspense since forever.

They'll move slow if nothing to bite/eat is around. If something warm for them is about... Makes sense for them to speed up, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.