Now that you mention it, I do remember him saying something of the nature not too long after they got to the house. I can only guess they were only infected not fully turned before being ushered into the barn. Because there were a lot in there. lol
    Last edited by Nazdreg; 2011-11-14 at 06:13 PM.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Loved this season so far. I hate having to wait a week for the next episode though, lol.

Hoping Daryl doesn't get killed off, definitely my favorite character on the show. It would be even shittier if he does die, it's by the damn snake that spooked the horse in the preview. Though, I doubt it. It looked like when they showed Merle, he was in the woods standing over someone. Thinking it might be Daryl in the creek he was refusing to help. He was an asshole and could be pissed at his brother not coming back to help him.

Hoping the whole Sophia thing gets wrapped up soon, too. Almost just want them to find her dead.

I thinking Hershel and his crew are hiding something. If I remember right, he said his wife was bit and I have a feeling he might be keeping her in the barn or attic or something, Shaun of the Dead style. The walker in the well was way to fat to just fall down in there, especially with the cover they had over it, if he did happen to wander onto the farm. I think it was someone they knew.
    I called it. Just didn't expect Merle to be a hallucination. And I don't think all the walkers in the barn are family. I'm still pretty sure he has his wife in there though. When Daryl came walking back to the farm and they thought he was a walker, they said call Hershel because he had his own way of dealing with them. I'm guessing he was just putting any that wandered onto the farm in the barn. Have no doubt he's holding out for a cure, but he's bat shit crazy.

This episode pissed me off quite a bit. They almost killed Daryl off three times. I thought he was gone for sure when whiny blond chick shot him. If that were the case, I wanted her to be the next to go. And not a peaceful death, ripped apart by walkers instead. And of course they keep stringing us along with the whole Sophia thing with her doll in the riverbed. Really really really hoping it get's wrapped up next episode. There's enough other stuff going on now that they don't need that filler.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. I like Andrea for like 2 seconds in this show.. She's like.. the exact picture of a whiny stuck up..person who shouldn't even be alive in this world. "there's 3 guys with weapons going after 1 zombie! I have the sun in my eyes but I'm going to shoot it anyway!"

How bad is your character when Shane is more sympathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Daryl is now my new all-time favourite character. The guy is genius. Really liking where this is all going now. So excited for next week. Oh, and I agree Andrea is terrible. I'm hoping she gets eaten at some point soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Still laughing at the whole "Meet me in the barn for a handjob" note Glenn made. Talk about a mood killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a lil confused... is Daryl angry at Rick because when he thought Merle was there he said that bastards right after walking away making it seem like yeah my brother is right Rick and the others are using me and Daryl seemed pissed when he got to the farm. but Daryl has been nice this whole time and he didnt seem that angry at the end of the episode.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Except that he defended his lie to the wife afterwards. Which meant that he knew there was the possibility the husband wasn't dead, just that it wasn't likely, or in their self-interest to determine for certain. But he knew that the wife NEEDED certainty, so he gave that to her.

Obviously Shane went there to 'save carl', but as I said, there were several options he had that would have resulted in saving carl. He simply chose the one that saved himself AND carl, and everyone else be damned.

The real question is... if it came down to saving himself OR carl (like say, having to dump those medical supplies), which would Shane have chosen ?

Its a reasonably isolated farm, could be a small solar or wind turbine... or some other generator. Doesn't take much to power lights.
    Did you guys honestly miss the huge generator in the shed when Rick talked to Herschell in the barn about the horse and keeping things "simple"; I control my people, you control yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    Did you guys honestly miss the huge generator in the shed when Rick talked to Herschell in the barn about the horse and keeping things "simple"; I control my people, you control yours?
    That comment was made in 11/05. The episode you just saw with the revealing of the generator was from yesterday.

I hear The Walking Dead will be airing on Lifetime now...

QQ

no but seriously does there have to be a "omg who's baby is it" dilemma in every tv show?

I could see keeping relatively "fresh" walkers that don't really have much decay, but why would you keep the ones with half their faces rotted off. Idc if you do find a cure theres no way in hell its gunna cure "facemelted off syndrome".

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Glenn the man! yeah. It was cool.

I'm not sure what that whisper was about. I doubt it was as small as a pregnancy.
    Eh, I don't know for sure, but my theory is that Shane is the father. That'd make it a pretty big deal. Also, if it "wasn't a big deal" I don't think they would've had the scene where she was crying about being pregnant at the end of S2 EP4

Well, her being pregnant has two factors. 1) It could be Shanes 2) She has a hard time dealing with bringing up kids in a world of zombies.

Daryl is a pretty awesome character. Resembles a lot of what I'd like to be in that situation.

Andrea... ugh... there's a reason people took guns away from her. She's a danger to herself and others. Go back to cleaning clothes, you almost killed our group's best zombie slayer, food provider, tracker, and gatherer.

frank darabon leaving and the budget cuts are really startiing to show to me.. this show is on a downward spiral ... hope they can pick it back up and soon cause they managed to make every character from the comic boring to me and the one whos not in the comic interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Yeah.. I like Andrea for like 2 seconds in this show.. She's like.. the exact picture of a whiny stuck up..person who shouldn't even be alive in this world. "there's 3 guys with weapons going after 1 zombie! I have the sun in my eyes but I'm going to shoot it anyway!"

How bad is your character when Shane is more sympathetic.
    Really hate andrea as well. So head strong and acts as if she has something to prove to assimilate herself into the group of the guys and not the ladies. She is so tough with a gun and stuff, but she was like nearly broken down when a zombie was at her in the RV and she killed it with a screwdriver (thanks dale). All in all I think she is a huge fake trying to put on a tough exterior. It is rather annoying since what she does conflicts with everyone's rational decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Andrea almost killed Daryl. Write her off. I never liked her ever since she started QQing at the old guy that I always forget his name. Dale right?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Anyone else getting that LOST-nostalgic feeling watching the last episode? They're lost and somewhere in the middle of the woods and there's a bunch of unexplained mysteries gathering up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    Im a lil confused... is Daryl angry at Rick because when he thought Merle was there he said that bastards right after walking away making it seem like yeah my brother is right Rick and the others are using me and Daryl seemed pissed when he got to the farm. but Daryl has been nice this whole time and he didnt seem that angry at the end of the episode.
    I think Daryl is almost like a scared abused dog that got adopted by kinder people than his last family. He cares about them and wants to help the best he can but in the back of his mind he thinks they'll beat him and leave him for dead at any moment. That mixed with falling down a hill (twice) getting impaled and shot.. I think he has a right to be a bit moody. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Anyone else getting that LOST-nostalgic feeling watching the last episode? They're lost and somewhere in the middle of the woods and there's a bunch of unexplained mysteries gathering up
    "One way that Lost was able to work with such a large ensemble and remain effective was to by putting the characters in factions. It tied characters together and let us know where they stood, giving them a greater sense of character rather than just "worrying mom," "old man," and "black guy who apparently doesn't have a crazy blood infection anymore." Right now, every character on The Walking Dead is (ironically!) on his own island, and that means T-Dog, Dale, and Carol seem to just be hanging around."

- http://www.tv.com/news/the-walking-d...uffling-27159/ <---good article

our show is pretty much done for. 2 more episodes left and this season has accomplished only very little. so many characters are simply wasted where they were incredibly developed in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    "One way that Lost was able to work with such a large ensemble and remain effective was to by putting the characters in factions. It tied characters together and let us know where they stood, giving them a greater sense of character rather than just "worrying mom," "old man," and "black guy who apparently doesn't have a crazy blood infection anymore." Right now, every character on The Walking Dead is (ironically!) on his own island, and that means T-Dog, Dale, and Carol seem to just be hanging around."

- http://www.tv.com/news/the-walking-d...uffling-27159/ <---good article

our show is pretty much done for. 2 more episodes left and this season has accomplished only very little. so many characters are simply wasted where they were incredibly developed in the comics.
    That was an interesting read, but I can't help but feel like the author is stuck in a modern television mindset that stuff should be happening all the time, which I can get since it's just a show after all, but at the same time I read things like (paraphrasing) 'the search for the girl is going nowhere, there's something wrong with that' and 'Carol is too passive' and I can't help but think maybe he's missing some of the point? Realistically, you can't expect Sophia to just show up, and the drudgery of the continued search I think is actually a pretty neat commentary on hope (or maybe denial). It's only made more poignant by the fact that it's really going nowhere. As for Carol, I think it's more compelling that she's so passive, because really, would you expect anything else from someone put in that situation? She actually has some of the most believable reactions to the whole story of any of them.

If AMC's proven anything, its that they can defy your expectations of what TV shows 'should do', but still deliver something outstanding.

Even if this season's dragged on... I'm not about to condemn it until the finale.