10+ Year Old Account
    I'm up to date now. I've seen every single episode. Season one was brilliant, and although season two was slower, it obviously represents the calm before the storm, so I understand that season three is going to make up for it. I think it was cool that they used the farm to instill a false sense of safety, and now they're back in reality. I loved every last episode, I think I might be obsessed, watching the entire series for the first time in the course of a week was amazing.

My thoughts on the future: Season two was very reminiscent of Night of the Living Dead. A group of cut-off survivors thinks that they can hold out at a farm until it becomes overrun by zombies. I think season three is going to similarly draw parallels to Dawn of the Dead; a group of survivors walls themselves into a large structure that is impervious to zombies until other survivors arrive to raid them (while simultaneously leaving everyone vulnerable to zombies again). I'm guessing the raider group will be comprised of Merle, this "Governor" character people are talking about, and the former prisoners (unlike the comics) -as well as the unidentified helicopter. Alternatively, these people could already be in charge of the prison, and the season would focus more on internal conflicts between the two groups. Either way, I can't wait!

*Holds Breath*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Alternatively, these people could already be in charge of the prison, and the season would focus more on internal conflicts between the two groups. Either way, I can't wait!

*Holds Breath*
    I think this is what will happen. Don't think the governer will make an apperance yet. The group ends up at the prison with an established group already there and they try to coexist while still suspicious of each other. The threat will not be from the outside, but rather from within....you will see people do some crazy shit and prob some mystery killer who is a member of one of the two groups or something like that. Hopefully they make it suspensful enough wit zombies, like explore a diff wing in each episode w. lots of killing zombies, or supply runs outside of the camp to get food/meds/tools and encounter zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I think this is what will happen. Don't think the governer will make an apperance yet. The group ends up at the prison with an established group already there and they try to coexist while still suspicious of each other. The threat will not be from the outside, but rather from within....you will see people do some crazy shit and prob some mystery killer who is a member of one of the two groups or something like that. Hopefully they make it suspensful enough wit zombies, like explore a diff wing in each episode w. lots of killing zombies, or supply runs outside of the camp to get food/meds/tools and encounter zombies.
    That's pretty close to the comics except the zombies will remain on the outside until an opposing group breaks in. Plan on seeing the Governor early on as he has already been cast. Same goes with Merle returning.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the raider group will be comprised of Merle, this "Governor" character people are talking about, and the former prisoners (unlike the comics) -as well as the unidentified helicopter. Alternatively, these people could already be in charge of the prison, and the season would focus more on internal conflicts between the two groups. Either way, I can't wait!

*Holds Breath*
    Well not sure if you've read the GN's or not. If not and you don't want spoilers, don't click.. The helicopter will be explained. It will lead Rick to the Governors town and they're not friendly. They may introduce more prisoners than just the 4. More fodder for zombies. I don't think they would already be in the prison, a lot of the tension and drama of the GN's was The Governor trying to find the prison and the fear of what will happen when he arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Well not sure if you've read the GN's or not. If not and you don't want spoilers, don't click.. The helicopter will be explained. It will lead Rick to the Governors town and they're not friendly. They may introduce more prisoners than just the 4. More fodder for zombies. I don't think they would already be in the prison, a lot of the tension and drama of the GN's was The Governor trying to find the prison and the fear of what will happen when he arrives.
    I thought they might consolidate Woodbury with the prison for the sake of television (and to deviate from the comics), but it would be just as interesting if they didn't.
    I'm trying not to read the comics after I caught an eye-full of some advanced spoilers concerning the central characters and was kind of shaken.

Either way, I see them paying homage to Dawn of the Dead ('78) in the second half of the season (except with a prison instead of a mall).

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole prison arc was too drawn out in the GN anyways. Maybe consolidating it wouldn't hurt. If the whole prison drama was adapted to TV it would easily span two seasons. Then again you can't have the Governor and them living in the same place. The Governor would just kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then again you can't have the Governor and them living in the same place. The Governor would just kill them.
    Unless they retcon the governor, but I don't see them deviating that much.

I really am obsessed at this point. Here is my guess at which characters will die ranked by likelihood:

1. Beth
    2. Carol
    3. Hershel
    4. Lori
    5. T-Dog
    6. Maggie
    7. Michone
    8. Daryl
    9. Glen
    10. Andrea
    11. Carl
    12. Rick

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless they retcon the governor, but I don't see them deviating that much.
    I can't imagine why they would want to do that. Two characters have to come off well next season, Michone and the Governor. I don't think they're going to want to risk more audience on taking the whole prison story-line in another direction entirely. The best thing they could do is keep much of the initial prison story-line the same minus maybe the whole serial killer, I don't think it's necessary and then start right up with the whole Governor story by the 3rd or 4th episode.

as someone that owns seasons 1 and 2.....

you have to watch season 2 in its entirety. if you can watch one episode a night, it doesnt at all feel like a soap opera. its actually a lot more fast paced that when i first watched it. the devolution of the group is perfectly timed, and the climax of the last 3 episodes is amazing.

not the best tv show out there right now (save that for breaking bad) but def a great show. season 2 haters just havent really experienced it in a "back to back" setting imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandpath View Post
    as someone that owns seasons 1 and 2.....

you have to watch season 2 in its entirety. if you can watch one episode a night, it doesnt at all feel like a soap opera. its actually a lot more fast paced that when i first watched it. the devolution of the group is perfectly timed, and the climax of the last 3 episodes is amazing.

not the best tv show out there right now (save that for breaking bad) but def a great show. season 2 haters just havent really experienced it in a "back to back" setting imo.
    I don't think there have been any serious cases made against season two, just pre-pubescents clamoring for twitch-inducing video game qualities in their television watching. It met with universal critical acclaim.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 02:07 AM ----------

I can't imagine why they would want to do that. Two characters have to come off well next season, Michone and the Governor. I don't think they're going to want to risk more audience on taking the whole prison story-line in another direction entirely. The best thing they could do is keep much of the initial prison story-line the same minus maybe the whole serial killer, I don't think it's necessary and then start right up with the whole Governor story by the 3rd or 4th episode.
    Whatever they decide, I'll be content with:

survivors + prison =/= zombies

then

survivors + prison + governor = zombies

Deleted

I really am obsessed at this point. Here is my guess at which characters will die ranked by likelihood:

1. Beth
    2. Carol
    3. Hershel
    4. Lori
    5. T-Dog
    6. Maggie
    7. Michone
    8. Daryl
    9. Glen
    10. Andrea
    11. Carl
    12. Rick
    Just finished watching season 2 and I hope not. Dale dying was absolutely horrible, I wish they had kept him alive. And although I agree that Hershel has somewhat outlived his usefulness, I hope they keep him alive. It's such a great character and good actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Just finished watching season 2 and I hope not. Dale dying was absolutely horrible, I wish they had kept him alive. And although I agree that Hershel has somewhat outlived his usefulness, I hope they keep him alive. It's such a great character and good actor.
    Well, given that the series is a portrait of intense survivalism, it's safe to say that nearly every character is expendable.

Deleted
    Well, given that the series is a portrait of intense survivalism, it's safe to say that nearly every character is expendable.
    Of course they are, but there are a lot more great storylines they could get out of some of the characters that would just be a waste if they killed them off too early.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Take solace in the fact that Dale's death is less harsh in the TV Series than it is in the comic books. The only question I have now is who, if anyone, are they gonna use as Dale's stand in for that particular death scene, since it's probably one of the better ones in the comics and it would be a shame to leave it out of the TV series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnesia View Post
    Of course they are, but there are a lot more great storylines they could get out of some of the characters that would just be a waste if they killed them off too early.
    Same goes for Dale. They all have to die sometime.

They'll prob end up leaving it out. How dale was supposed to originally die was gruesome. Sponsers prob wouldnt like it being shown on TV, neither would the FCC

RICK: it seems like rick has finally taken control of the group in a dominant manner like shane did and will do what he has to for his group to survive. he wont die.

LORI: i really really hope they kill off lori. the way she looked at rick in the end when he told everyone he killed shane was stupid since she was the one that egged rick on basically telling him to kill shane.

CARL: during season 2 i wanted him to be killed because he was a scared baby but during the end of the season he grew balls taking on shanes mentality that "you do what you have to do to stay alive". this was evident when he told his dad to kill their prisoner

GLENN: hes just such a cool character and shouldnt die like ever.

DARYL: too cool to die. daryl and glenn are the types of characters you can make a spinoff zombie show and base it on them and their survival.

T-DOG: unfortunately i believe he is the next to die. unless the producers give him more air time and a back story he wont survive season 3.

CAROL: during the season i believed she lived out her usefulness when sofia died and she was just a debbie downer but during the end she became colder seeing the world for what it is: a zombie apocalypse and survival is key so i dont see her dying until season 4 or late season 3.

ANDREA: another character you can build a show around. she wont die.

MAGGIE, BETH, HERSHEL: I dont know why but i can see hershel sacrificing himself to save 1 of his daughters in season 3 and later in the season beth dying as well. maggie i just dont see dying now that shes with glenn unless its for some shock value to focus more on glenn

i havent read the comics so i dont really know whos gonna die or not so this is just my opinion.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    RICK: it seems like rick has finally taken control of the group in a dominant manner like shane did and will do what he has to for his group to survive. he wont die.

LORI: i really really hope they kill off lori. the way she looked at rick in the end when he told everyone he killed shane was stupid since she was the one that egged rick on basically telling him to kill shane.

CARL: during season 2 i wanted him to be killed because he was a scared baby but during the end of the season he grew balls taking on shanes mentality that "you do what you have to do to stay alive". this was evident when he told his dad to kill their prisoner

GLENN: hes just such a cool character and shouldnt die like ever.

DARYL: too cool to die. daryl and glenn are the types of characters you can make a spinoff zombie show and base it on them and their survival.

T-DOG: unfortunately i believe he is the next to die. unless the producers give him more air time and a back story he wont survive season 3.

CAROL: during the season i believed she lived out her usefulness when sofia died and she was just a debbie downer but during the end she became colder seeing the world for what it is: a zombie apocalypse and survival is key so i dont see her dying until season 4 or late season 3.

ANDREA: another character you can build a show around. she wont die.

MAGGIE, BETH, HERSHEL: I dont know why but i can see hershel sacrificing himself to save 1 of his daughters in season 3 and later in the season beth dying as well. maggie i just dont see dying now that shes with glenn unless its for some shock value to focus more on glenn

i havent read the comics so i dont really know whos gonna die or not so this is just my opinion.
    Man, I hope they kill Lori fast. She is just so annoying and totally holding Rick back, doing reckless things, and basically played with both Rick's and Shane's emotions. She's pregnant though so that might mean she's going to live for a while which really bums me out.....a pregnant hopeless and moody girl that basically will be against everything.

I agree that Glenn, Daryl, and Andrea prob won't die for a while. They seem pretty important to the story and the survivor types. By association I guess Maggie too.

Carol will prob die lol, she seems like she's giving up. And T-dog too, they got that black chick w/ sword coming in so the sterotypical black guy dying in a horror show is bound to happen...too bad I really wish they gave this guy more time to developer some character, and hershel sacrificing himself for his daughters sounds pretty plausible.

Carl is prob gonna live but continue to put himself in risky situations being a child, but will also become more serious as time goes on and very black and white with his comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for Lori to die. I honestly don't even care that she's pregnant, because from the audience's perspective, we know that a baby has absolutely no chance of surviving their current predicaments. She's an irritating liability.

Carol is also pretty high on my Walking Dead hit list, but she at least shows some recognition of her failings. However, even if she focuses on improving her survivability, I think it's too-little too-late for her, so she should be quick to meet the axe as well.

I agree that Glenn, Daryl, and Andrea are too self-sufficient for a quick exit. I see them surviving another season at the very least.

T-Dog, I can't decide on. He's proven to be both a burden and a helping hand to the survivors in the past, but I'm wary of that stigma of "token black guy always dies in horror film". Michonne might alleviate some of that, in a sense. I picture T-Dog surviving until at least mid-season when Merle's reintroduction could spell his doom.

As for Hershel, Beth, and Maggie... I don't see Beth lasting very long. She simply wasn't motivated early enough. Hershel will probably wind up as a human sacrifice of some sort for his daughters. Maggie is shielded by Glenn to some extent, but I don't consider her survival written in stone by any means.

We can all expect Rick and Carl to stay put, because frankly, they couldn't be more central to the story, despite the deviations from the graphic novel(s).