It's Glenn simply because of what the writer's did earlier in the season.

First, they try to prove to the audience that Glenn has plot immunity with the whole dumpster cliffhanger, which they even emphasized by prolonging it for several episodes. "Look audiences, there's no way we're going to let Glenn die, even in a no-way-to-win scenario! And in the exact same half of the season that everyone already knows he's going to die thanks to Lucille!"

Second, they killed off Denise with the crossbow bolt meant for Abraham, which was their (feeble) attempt to prove to audiences that they're not afraid to deviate from the comics. "Look, see, we're totally going to change things up, especially only a couple of episodes away from the episode where everyone already knows the outcome!" <aside to Kirkman> "Mwahaha, they'll never see it coming now, boss. We're so clever!"

In fact, that's the only purpose of those two scenes at all. Especially the first one, which never needed to be filmed in the first place as it was -- and continues to be -- groan-worthy on its own merits.

Now if both of those scenes had been filmed some other time, like a season or two ago, they'd be easy to dismiss. But they weren't, and they aren't.

And even if you want to ignore that, there's the way Negan was facing when he made the attack. Particularly damning was the direction he pointed when he told the others to feed Carl's eye to Rick. The only people in that general area were Darryl (who actually does have plot immunity), Glenn, and two of the girls. Considering Negan has a soft spot for hot women, they're pretty much immune, too. So who does that leave? Oh, right.... Glenn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Sanctions View Post
    Second, they killed off Denise with the crossbow bolt meant for Abraham, which was their (feeble) attempt to prove to audiences that they're not afraid to deviate from the comics. "Look, see, we're totally going to change things up, especially only a couple of episodes away from the episode where everyone already knows the outcome!" <aside to Kirkman> "Mwahaha, they'll never see it coming now, boss. We're so clever!"
    Pretty much every single major death in the series has deviated from the comics. I am not saying that means it won't be Glenn, but I doubt they used Denise's death to throw people off or anything.

Also, why do some many people say Daryl has plot armor? He might have fan power armor, but I really don't see how Daryl is important enough to the plot of the series to where he cannot be killed off. If anything, he has seemed like a rather pointless character as of late and doesn't really have a defined place anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Pretty much every single major death in the series has deviated from the comics. I am not saying that means it won't be Glenn, but I doubt they used Denise's death to throw people off or anything.
    No, that's precisely what it was for. No question about it whatsoever.

Also, why do some many people say Daryl has plot armor?
    He does, via his popularity both amongst the fans and the writers. He's the single most marketable actor on the show.

Also, why do some many people say Daryl has plot armor? He might have fan power armor, but I really don't see how Daryl is important enough to the plot of the series to where he cannot be killed off. If anything, he has seemed like a rather pointless character as of late and doesn't really have a defined place anymore.
    Agreed after all wasn't it kirkman who said that no one is safe in the walking dead? (Or was that just a way of making us afraid that any of our favorite characters will die whenever when in fact it's not and there are people who will be safe for the entire series?)

In regards to season 7 I really hope (getting well ahead of myself here!) that the season will end with "that particular comical scene" from volume 19 since if played right it could leave a cold tension while having a bit of comedy on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They definitely could have edited the audio, to make Maggies' screams louder than the others. Maybe as a way to fool us into thinking it was Glenn.
    They cut that part out, though.

I believe majority of the cast members have already stated they don't even know who was killed,
    You also believed Kit when he said Jon's not coming back.

Stop believing what they say they won't make it obvious and ruin the spoiler.

10+ Year Old Account

He does, via his popularity both amongst the fans and the writers. He's the single most marketable actor on the show.
    That's not what plot armor means. Plot armor means the character is too integral to the story of a series/movie to be killed. Basically saying that if said character were to die, the story could not continue. For example you know Indiana Jones isn't going to be killed half way through an Indy movie because then the movie would end. As popular as Daryl may be, his character is no more important to the plot than any other character. The only character in The Walking Dead that I would say has plot armor is Rick.

That's not what plot armor means. Plot armor means the character is too integral to the story of a series/movie to be killed. Basically saying that if said character were to die, the story could not continue. For example you know Indiana Jones isn't going to be killed half way through an Indy movie because then the movie would end. As popular as Daryl may be, his character is no more important to the plot than any other character. The only character in The Walking Dead that I would say has plot armor is Rick.
    Sorry, I'm not pedantic enough to whine over an inconsequential phrase whose meaning is completely arbitrary to begin with. Especially with someone who knows exactly what was meant through context despite that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I'm not pedantic enough to whine over an inconsequential phrase whose meaning is completely arbitrary to begin with. Especially with someone who knows exactly what was meant through context despite that fact.
    No need to get all pissy, I was curious if there actually was some plot reason as to why many people seemed to think Daryl couldn't be killed that I had forgotten.

I am however curious why you say the phrase has an arbitrary meaning and then link to a website showing that it has a pretty specific meaning? Unless you also do not know what the word arbitrary means.

I am however curious why you say the phrase has an arbitrary meaning and then link to a website showing that it has a pretty specific meaning? Unless you also do not know what the word arbitrary means.
    Did you even read it (particularly the follow-up trope "Bob's Time to Die")? And then look back at what you wrote?

Darryl lives solely because of his popularity both behind the scenes and with the audience. Sure, the writers could choose to kill him off whenever they want, but the same is true of Rick and anyone and everyone else. Negan could keel over from a random aneurysm in the middle of beating Glenn to death during the premiere next season. A freak comet could crash and destroy the entire planet five minutes later. But none of those things are going to happen, because Negan has immunity until his story is over, Earth is a requirement for the show until it concludes (and even then it's pretty much immune to total destruction as future endeavors for the franchise will still be viable), and Darryl is going to go the long haul until such time that the audience and everyone behind the scenes (and you just have to see one panel interview to see that, particularly when producers and writers are there as well) grows tired of him. At which time it becomes "Bob's Time to Die" in each case.

It's all the same thing, even if for slightly different reasons for each. In Darryl's case it just happens to be entirely political (for lack of a better term), but his immunity during the story (and thus the plot) is all but insured for a long time to come.
    Last edited by Omega Sanctions; 2016-04-18 at 10:29 PM.

Considering that the cast wasn't there when the beating scene was filmed, I do sorta believe them when they say they don't know.

Also, I'm unsure of Jons' fate, and have said I'm starting to sorta believe Kit, since he's so adamant about not returning to the show - not that I believe him entirely.
    http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/the-walking-dead/

Orly.

10:30

Just listen to how Maggie screams. She's by far the loudest.

And I swear you can hear a ''Maggie'' uttered at around 10:35.

The actor that plays Negan filmed the beating scene by himself - the leaked footage was shown here. The other cast members weren't there (as far as I'm aware). The actor is hitting some box/ prop.

The audio of the cast members screaming was added into the scene. I don't even think they've filmed the actual beating yet... just the sound and Negan swinging.
    So basically you're telling me Maggie screaming loudest is a mere coincidence, because the cast claims they don't know who died?

My, you're gullible.

if you have even the slightest doubt that Gimple is an asshole and is fucking with the fans read this.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/18...s-negan-finale

The Walking Dead

Posted April 18 2016 — 1:36 PM EDT
    The mystery of who knows what about who died at the hands of Negan and Lucille at the end of The Walking Dead season 6 finale continues. Chandler Riggs tweeted out that he still did not know, and director Greg Nicotero said the actors were purposefully kept in the dark.

But then Norman Reedus said on the Today show that he did know who had died. And now it seems at least one former cast member was also privy to that classified information. We discovered this when Tyler James Williams, who played Noah in season 5 of the AMC zombie hit, stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM, channel 105) on Monday morning. Naturally we had to know if he knew who was on the receiving end of that barbed wire covered baseball bat. So, we asked the actor: Do you know?

“Yes,” says Williams. “Yeah, I know.” Not only does Williams say he knows, but he has known since well before they filmed that harrowing scene. “They were still shooting [season] 6,” says Williams of when he found out. “So like, middle of 6.”
    While Williams will not fess up as to who spilled the beans to him, he does confirm it was a cast member. “Oh, yeah, of course,” he says.

“We all still speak and they kind of keep me up to date and stuff on what’s going on and all of that. … You have to understand [showrunner Scott M. Gimple] knows everything seasons and seasons out, so people knew, but we can’t say anything. No one can say anything. So it’s actually better to say that we don’t know.”

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/the-walking-dead/

Orly.

10:30

Just listen to how Maggie screams. She's by far the loudest.

And I swear you can hear a ''Maggie'' uttered at around 10:35.
    Yes, i hear that. I also hear Sasha screaming "No! Abraham, Abraham!" very clearly.

My guess? The recorded several version and put them all in at the same time, for the express purpose of fucking with people trying to find the truth through audio engineering. I'm not saying the actors don't know, because i think it's possible that they do. I'm saying that everything that we as the viewers can try to make out of that audio could be entirely and completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Yes, i hear that. I also hear Sasha screaming "No! Abraham, Abraham!" very clearly.

My guess? The recorded several version and put them all in at the same time, for the express purpose of fucking with people trying to find the truth through audio engineering. I'm not saying the actors don't know, because i think it's possible that they do. I'm saying that everything that we as the viewers can try to make out of that audio could be entirely and completely wrong.
    I was reading a Lauren Cohan interview where she said they had all the actors go into a soundproof booth one at a time to record that scene, so they couldn't hear each other. There definitely was some fucking around involved with the audio for that scene, since you could clearly hear differences between the clip that leaked a week before and the version that aired.

It may be that the leaked version is what we'll hear when the episode to reveal who died airs in S7. I just hope we actually get to see it in episode 1, instead of opening with some "meanwhile, in Alexandria...." bullshit flashback episode and have to wait until like E3 or E4 to see what happened with Negan.

The only thing I'm interested in seeing other than the Negan scene would be something with Carol and Morgan. I think Morgan has redeemed himself, and I'm genuinely interested in seeing what he's up to now with those people he met.

I have heard some theories that Negan's victim actually survives in the show but lives as a braindead vegetable, but there's no way. That was like....8 hard, direct hits to the head with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire, and you could clearly hear brain splattering for the last two hits. The "survive but braindead" thing might apply after two hits. Anything after 4-5 hits was probably not even necessary.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-19 at 05:09 PM.

It's Glenn simply because of what the writer's did earlier in the season.

First, they try to prove to the audience that Glenn has plot immunity with the whole dumpster cliffhanger, which they even emphasized by prolonging it for several episodes. "Look audiences, there's no way we're going to let Glenn die, even in a no-way-to-win scenario! And in the exact same half of the season that everyone already knows he's going to die thanks to Lucille!"

In fact, that's the only purpose of those two scenes at all. Especially the first one, which never needed to be filmed in the first place as it was -- and continues to be -- groan-worthy on its own merits.

Now if both of those scenes had been filmed some other time, like a season or two ago, they'd be easy to dismiss. But they weren't, and they aren't.

And even if you want to ignore that, there's the way Negan was facing when he made the attack. Particularly damning was the direction he pointed when he told the others to feed Carl's eye to Rick. The only people in that general area were Darryl (who actually does have plot immunity), Glenn, and two of the girls. Considering Negan has a soft spot for hot women, they're pretty much immune, too. So who does that leave? Oh, right.... Glenn.
    Couldn't agree more on every point.

The only people thinking it's not Glenn are the people who haven't been paying attention to what's going on, both on screen and behind the scenes.

Or they don't care because AMC/gimple are hacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    watched this video that points out some things you may have missed in the finale, he makes a pretty good case for it being Michonne.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    watched this video that points out some things you may have missed in the finale, he makes a pretty good case for it being Michonne.
    They better fucking not.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    They better fucking not.
    Why not ? She's pretty much done nothing for a good while now. I find her one of the more boring characters lately.