Negan's great. Rick needed to be broken and brought down a few pegs or the plot would stagnate. A good story needs compelling, fearsome antagonists - and Negan fits the bill perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Oh boy,... you will be dissapointed.
    Oh, you mean because everything that happens in the novels is exactly what happens in the TV show, and hence you know in advance what's going to happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You mean, like Glen?
    I mean, Shane, Judith, Daryl, T-Dog, Sasha, Terminus, Wolves, Deanna, Sophia, Carol, Andrea, Ricks arm... Exactly like the comics, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's tough to watch the scenes with Negan. Payback will be glorious, but I can't say I'm looking forward to a season with Rick being Negans bitch. I just hope it doesn't get dragged out, but I'm sure it will be.
    IKR. Watching on this Rick is a pain. I think they gonna kill off Negan after war. TV Show Negan did what comic Negan didn't allowed himself. Rick and Daryl the most fan loved characters of the show and Negan mocking them alot (much more than in comic). Most of the watching base didn't read comic so they wouldn't understand why Rick will put Negan in jail. Plus TV Negan killed 2 characters during line up. Besides they ruined Negan as character. In comic he was classic villain who believed what he do right thing. TV Negan is just bully asshole. All this smiles and sarcasm so fucking annoying. I dont feel what Negan is SCARY men. Just fucking annoying of him. Already.

Every second Negan is on screen, I keep reminding myself that he's 100% dead, and Rick is 100% alive after all is said and done. I'm just hoping that they'll dedicate an entire episode for just the torturing and killing of Negan, in the most horrific and inventive ways, so that he stays alive for hours, if not days, while he slowly goes insane from the horrific torture he's put through. That'd be something so lovely to watch.
    I heard some rumors what Lucille will not be shot in TV show. Maybe they wanna Rick to use it when he will kill him? xD

dm is too charismatic to kill off and id like to see rick having chats with him about the whisperers down the line.
    JDM don't like shooting in TV shows he like movies more. Usually he stay for 1-2 seasons. Its also depends from how much money AMC have. Also TV watchers who didn't read comic will not understand why Rick wouldn't kill Negan. And TBH after all what TV Negan did compare to comic Negan i will not believe to this jail thingy too and will call it bullshit.

Ha, Negan is awesome. I like more than Governor Eyepatch.
    TV Governor had sense in all things what he did. TV Negan is just asshole and bully. Comic Negan had much more sense.

About 4th episode. I have theory what Rick asked Gabriel to hide some saviors guns right before Negan showed up in fake Maggie grave.

- - - Updated - - -

Rick's "I'll break your jaw and knock your teeth out" is remark from S2. Same line Rick said to Shane in IIRC 18 Miles Out episode.

Same conversation - You understand Say yes. Writers shows us along all 7 seasons what Rick get some from villains what he meet. First Shane then Governor. Now Negan.

PS Someone please haircut the Carl's actor. His mess on head pissing me out lolz.

7+ Year Old Account
    My point is, they don't need to follow EXACTLY the comics in order follow it's main story and that's EXACTLY what they seem be doing for the most of it, because if they followed the comics EXACTLY, I mean c'mon...
    Oh yeah. Double kill of Abe/Glenn is EXACTLY what happened. And Negan EXACTLY the same character that was in comic. Come on.

Deleted
    My point is, they don't need to follow EXACTLY the comics
    Yeah, they don't.

in order follow it's main story and that's EXACTLY what they seem be doing for the most of it
    Magical words, proving my point, not yours.

Deleted
    Not mine? The one you completly missed? Yeah, probably.
    My point was, responding to the claim that I'll be sorely disappointed which was based on someone having read the comics, that the show does not exactly follow the comics, nor has it been doing so for a long, long time, if ever, and hence there's no way for anyone, whether they've read the comics or not, to exactly know what's going to happen. People can base their predictions on the comics all they like, but that means jack shit, just like political polls.

That was my point, and that was absolutely clear. You argued it, using Glenn as an example, clearly making the point that if Glenn died in the comics and he died in the show, that the comics tell you what will happen. That's a moot point, and completely nonsensical. I listed ten things that are completely different from the comics to rebut your one thing that ended in the same result as in the comics. My point stands, and if you even were trying to make any, it's irrelevant, and you proved all of that by pointing out that for the most part things in the comics have been the same as in the show. For the most part, hence not exactly. I've not read the comics, so I can't argue whether that's even true, but "for the most part" can be true even if only 51% of things follow the comics. That leaves 49% that can deviate. Hence, basing what will happens in the show on what has happened in the comics is pointless.

So, my point stands, and any argument against it, doesn't. In any case, I don't really use this thread anyway, because of the comics, and now I remember why. Time to leave again.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-15 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Oh, you mean because everything that happens in the novels is exactly what happens in the TV show, and hence you know in advance what's going to happen?
    while its true that things change i really dont see negan being killed. a pretty huge part of ricks arc post negan is about how rick is trying not to/might be turning into negan. he keeps negan alive so that he can say to himself that hes not like negan, and negan slowly tries to win over ricks trust.

plus like i said, hes fuckin negan, negans awesome. who doesnt love him?

- - - Updated - - -

My point was, responding to the claim that I'll be sorely disappointed which was based on someone having read the comics, that the show does not exactly follow the comics, nor has it been doing so for a long, long time, if ever, and hence there's no way for anyone, whether they've read the comics or not, to exactly know what's going to happen. People can base their predictions on the comics all they like, but that means jack shit, just like political polls.
    if they kill off negan they need to come up with some sort of plot device to replace him.

killing off negan would be the biggest change theyve ever done, even now negan is still alive in the comic and is part of the crew. hes integral to rick and carls arc and he has his hand to play in helping ricks group fight the whisperers.

theyve never gone off the main storyline of the comics like that. theyve made little changes like switching deaths around or extending things a little but when it comes to the main plot its kept mostly intact.

if negan just rotted in a cell and we never saw from him again id agree he would probably be killed off but rick didnt just throw him in a cell, he remained a relevant character to the main arc

- - - Updated - - -

one change i do see happening though?

i think daryl will kill dwight and daryl will become leader of the saviors instead of dwight.

because dwights a fucking scumbag jerk
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Poor Rick, ouch! That's as close to male rape as you're going to get without actually penetrating something.

It's a wonder Negan's cook hasn't slipped him a mushroom. Native American women used to do that to men they wanted to get rid of.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

To be fair, Negan's a fan favourite. Massively so in the comics - I could see them going a similar route with him and 'writing him off' but bringing him back every now and then for the sake of fan appeasement/ratings. He's the ultimate villain for the show. It's going to be very, very hard to top him.

Deleted
    Well he does have a very instrumental role in the novels after this arc; so yes, it's quite safe to assume they will not cut him out after the saviors-arc.
    I don't think there's anyone else who could do what he is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well he does have a very instrumental role in the novels after this arc; so yes, it's quite safe to assume they will not cut him out after the saviors-arc.
    I don't think there's anyone else who could do what he is supposed to.
    I could see them ending the show altogether when it's time for Negan to go.

I'm not 100% Negan will survive the arc in show, and yes there's also a question of how much longer the show will go on.

The walking dead will never end.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it can't go beyond this series and another. At least not for me, I dumped Supernatural after 10 seasons because it lost its edge, I'm feeling that way inclined with TWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I could see them ending the show altogether when it's time for Negan to go.
    I really hope so. If not just for how they mangled Negan, Rick, Carl, and the rest of this whole arc...

then in a preventative measure to ensure they don't have to mangle the NEXT arc to make it appropriate for TV audiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    TWD lost its "edge" seasons ago for me. I remember the first time I watched it I was blown away by how good season 1 was, watched season 2 right after and was insanely into it, very excited for season 3 to come out. After that it's been disappointing for me, there's been a handful of episodes where I've thought "that was good". I think my love of the characters and the false hope of "wow it's going to get good now" after watching a decent episode have kept me watching, but it seems to be up and down constantly like they have no idea how to properly progress a story and keep it interesting. I do like to take an hour out of my Monday after work to watch it with my tea, but it just sucks to think how good it CAN be and what we get a lot of the time.

Season 2 was absolutely awful and full of filler because AMC cut their budget by a shitload.

I don't think Season 6 or 7 is particularly great, but 2 was the worst by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I really hope so. If not just for how they mangled Negan, Rick, Carl, and the rest of this whole arc...

then in a preventative measure to ensure they don't have to mangle the NEXT arc to make it appropriate for TV audiences.
    I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to Andrea.

Season 1 was my favourite...after that a new director took over if I heard right and then it became just another 'big TV show'. It's...decent at times...just now as good as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    TWD lost its "edge" seasons ago for me. I remember the first time I watched it I was blown away by how good season 1 was, watched season 2 right after and was insanely into it, very excited for season 3 to come out. After that it's been disappointing for me, there's been a handful of episodes where I've thought "that was good". I think my love of the characters and the false hope of "wow it's going to get good now" after watching a decent episode have kept me watching, but it seems to be up and down constantly like they have no idea how to properly progress a story and keep it interesting. I do like to take an hour out of my Monday after work to watch it with my tea, but it just sucks to think how good it CAN be and what we get a lot of the time.
    I agree, once it official went from "zombie show" to "show about people" it became rather stale. "Monster of the season" really. I still like it well enough, but we really don't talk about it excitedly the next day anymore. Haven't really for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================