10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post

Second, I have committed 8 seasons of my life and time to that series, if I cant stomach watching it anymore it doesnt mean I dont have a morbid curiosity how it ends.
    Tbh, only reason I still keep watching this. I call it the "Lost" syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Tbh, only reason I still keep watching this. I call it the "Lost" syndrome.
    Its a hell of a lot of invested hours to just throw away. Plus I like a lot of the actors on the show and feel they should probably leave the show before they start damaging their careers. Andrew Lincoln comes to mind.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He had a pathetic ending, even his big showdown with Negan was a flop. Fucking joke of a show.

Thankfully I still watch it, otherwise I'd have people going through my post history in some weird obsession. Oh you posted twice in two months, stop continually bashing the show!

CGI deer was still my favorite scene from the show.
    I still watch it as I love the comics so I have some morbid obsession to see how there being butchered, though I also only watch it when. I’m out of good shows to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a hell of a lot of invested hours to just throw away. Plus I like a lot of the actors on the show and feel they should probably leave the show before they start damaging their careers. Andrew Lincoln comes to mind.
    Ain’t to bad on hours if you got to screen and can slap it up on one while doing some thing actually interesting. I’d never watch it on actually tv though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    id much rather he had died there then the competently stupid negan cop out we got. maybe if the show was willing to go off the rails and not just butcher what happens in the book it would be better.
    That Negan cop out was exactly how he died in the comic books though, so that is not off the rails as much as the mid season premier. I was rather PISSED when had survived that dumpster dive. I was actually cheering on the Walkers when I saw him fall. That was I think their first foray into the slit decision types of episodes. They left that scene open to determine fan reaction to see if they would get away with it there or not.

Same thing with Carl, they left that scene open, 8 x 06, watching the scene over and over again, you can see the walker rising up on him but you do not see his reaction until 8 x 11 where they give it more clarity that he got bit.

Personally I cheered this death too. My biggest gripe with the show is how the unkillable 8 were always around for the next season with a pile of secondary cast corpses in their wakes each season. I get it, most of them still do live in the comics like Carl, but I just hate how every other secondary and below character dies to keep them alive. I am very eager to see who bites it next. At this point I am cheering on the Walkers more than the humans......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    That Negan cop out was exactly how he died in the comic books though, so that is not off the rails as much as the mid season premier. I was rather PISSED when had survived that dumpster dive. I was actually cheering on the Walkers when I saw him fall. That was I think their first foray into the slit decision types of episodes. They left that scene open to determine fan reaction to see if they would get away with it there or not.

Same thing with Carl, they left that scene open, 8 x 06, watching the scene over and over again, you can see the walker rising up on him but you do not see his reaction until 8 x 11 where they give it more clarity that he got bit.

Personally I cheered this death too. My biggest gripe with the show is how the unkillable 8 were always around for the next season with a pile of secondary cast corpses in their wakes each season. I get it, most of them still do live in the comics like Carl, but I just hate how every other secondary and below character dies to keep them alive. I am very eager to see who bites it next. At this point I am cheering on the Walkers more than the humans......
    it wasn't a cop out because he died it was a cop out because they hulked hulk hogan first making you think glenn would live but instead of letting him live which would comply change the story going foreword they went LOL NOPE and killed him for no reason.

the comics also arnt as much of a revolving door as the show is in turns of characters and its made pretty clear that pretty much any one can die even more so with more recent comics.

edit:
    this i think show cases the different pretty well, from early on in the comic the characters are shown to be able to lose things and be put in situations the show never the show doesn't have the guts for. carl is the first time the show has really had any of the main characters ever lose and even that it comes off as stupid and poorly done.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-03-04 at 10:33 PM.

The only good part to tonight's episode was the back and forth at the end with Negan and Rick...

Urrggg they are dragging this the fuck out again.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only good part to tonight's episode was the back and forth at the end with Negan and Rick...

Urrggg they are dragging this the fuck out again.
    Honestly I feel like just reading a synopsis of the episode. To sit through an episode for one okay scene...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Honestly I feel like just reading a synopsis of the episode. To sit through an episode for one okay scene...
    Trash people are wiped out by Steven Ogg's character against Negan's wishs, Rick told Negan Carl is dead, Negan showed a little emotion to that, Rick said hes going to kill Negan like 5 times, Negan said Carl's death is Rick's fault, Rick says hes going to kill Negan again...Oh Guy and Girl didn't get camp of woman to help, They nearly die by said group and guy stays behind to try again.

The End.

Everything else in the episode was 100% pointless and predictable. There saved you and everyone else 45min's of boring shit and 3min's of so so character development.

Edit: Loved the whole (Character name pops up on screen SO YOU KNOW ITS ABOUT THEM).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-05 at 05:51 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Rick told Negan Carl is dead, Negan showed a little emotion to that,
    Everyone knows the way to a baseball bat wielding leather wearing freak's heart is to have 0 regard for your life like Coral

Everyone knows the way to a baseball bat wielding leather wearing freak is to have 0 regard for your life like Coral
    Carl not Coral....

Unless u made a joke and it went over my head LOL.

Carl not Coral....

Unless u made a joke and it went over my head LOL.
    Coral is a meme for the way Rick says Carl

Coral is a meme for the way Rick says Carl
    OOOOOOOO

I was thinking of Carol LOL.

OOOOOOOO

I was thinking of Carol LOL.
    Its an internet meme im not responsible for by any means but it is a funny one. The scene where Rick is fucked up from the governor in the prison scenes is the best example

Watch 1:51 to 1:56

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    That was an extremely boring episode. I can't remember the last time I saw a character's death so drawn out. About 5 minutes into it, I was like "Shut the fuck up and just die already".

Fortunately next week's episode looks like it will be much better, at least based on the previews.
    Seriously, it was like watching the movie The Titanic.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually thought tonight´s episode was pretty good. My favorite parts of the series is when they kill walkers in new and creative ways. Like the time they did the 100 yard clothesline between cars. The meat grinder was pretty satisfying. I also think the whole Negan-Simon situation is pretty interesting right now. I like not knowing what was going to happen when Simon went to the trash people, but then seeing Ricks reaction when they first entered.

Serious question, does anyone know how these guys get paid? Is it per season, or per episode or per episode that they are in. It just seems bizarre how little airtime Daryl is getting as he is the biggest fan favorite.

But anyway, one of the better episodes the last few years, and much better than watching Rick blow snot bubbles while crying like last week.

Deleted
    Seems kinda stupid to me that they didn't crawl over all the garbage (Is there a way out? Yeah, the way you come - lol). Seems a lot safer to me than bumping a few dozen walkers.

Also I can't help but laugh how decided to let the one gay dude stick in the camp with all the women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight's episode was actually quite good, if you fast forward the pointless Aaron/Enid part. Literally everything else was good.

- Negan acting like a normal human being and telling Rick off for a moron that he is.

- Jadis looks to be on a fast track to become the next villain, and she's got a grudge for both Rick and Negan now, maybe it'll be her that unites them eventually? Meat grinder scene was brutal and powerful.

- Simon, the magnificent bastard, brought us the best scene of the season so far. Not that it's a hard thing to achieve, given what a mess S8 is, but really - great scene.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trash people are wiped out by Steven Ogg's character against Negan's wishs, Rick told Negan Carl is dead, Negan showed a little emotion to that, Rick said hes going to kill Negan like 5 times, Negan said Carl's death is Rick's fault, Rick says hes going to kill Negan again...Oh Guy and Girl didn't get camp of woman to help, They nearly die by said group and guy stays behind to try again.

The End.

Everything else in the episode was 100% pointless and predictable. There saved you and everyone else 45min's of boring shit and 3min's of so so character development.

Edit: Loved the whole (Character name pops up on screen SO YOU KNOW ITS ABOUT THEM).
    I haven’t watched it yet but I like that they would show that negan actually cares if even a little that Carl died and that he blames rick. Of every thing in the show I think negan is proabbly done the best and something small like that shows he’s closer to the comic negan then any of the other characters are to there comic counterparts.

I haven’t watched it yet but I like that they would show that negan actually cares if even a little that Carl died and that he blames rick. Of every thing in the show I think negan is proabbly done the best and something small like that shows he’s closer to the comic negan then any of the other characters are to there comic counterparts.
    Ya that part was really the only part I liked, It gave real character development. The worse part of it all was the Aaron/Enid part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows the way to a baseball bat wielding leather wearing freak's heart is to have 0 regard for your life like Coral
    Negan really should care that Carl died. Negans whole thing is he wants to keep people alive but he thinks there to stupid to do it them selfs and he think fear will keep them inline and thus alive. Carl to negan is or in the shows case was a survivor like him self. The fact that Carl died because of rick should have some sort of impact on negan and also reassure him that his way of doing things is right as it’s morons like rick who end up with people getting killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya that part was really the only part I liked, It gave real character development. The worse part of it all was the Aaron/Enid part.
    I really wish they had just stuck to the comics or if they wanted to go off them atlest hire some good writers. I want to bad to like the show and for it to be good but more and more they seem to just butcher the source material while showing fleeting glimpses of how they could have made a good show before going back into the trash.

it wasn't a cop out because he died it was a cop out because they hulked hulk hogan first making you think glenn would live but instead of letting him live which would comply change the story going foreword they went LOL NOPE and killed him for no reason.

the comics also arnt as much of a revolving door as the show is in turns of characters and its made pretty clear that pretty much any one can die even more so with more recent comics.

edit:
    this i think show cases the different pretty well, from early on in the comic the characters are shown to be able to lose things and be put in situations the show never the show doesn't have the guts for. carl is the first time the show has really had any of the main characters ever lose and even that it comes off as stupid and poorly done.

[IMG] < snip > [/IMG]
    this was addressed a long time ago, they didn't chop off Rick's hand due to the costs of ensuring it looked right every time he was on the screen.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22